Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Breaking: Lagos Flooding Moves Street To Another Local Government - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Breaking: Lagos Flooding Moves Street To Another Local Government (568 Views)

When You Are The Only One That Has Fuel In Your Local Government / Blackberry Users Take To Street To Protest Against BBM On Android / Flooding Testimonies In Lagos: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Lagos Flooding Moves Street To Another Local Government by FNNEWS: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
There was pandemonium yesterday morning on Gbajabiamila Street in Mushin, after residents woke up and found their houses in a totally different neighborhood.

Trouble started at about 5am this morning when Heavy rain besieged the community, forcing residents to lock up and wait for the deluge to subside.

According to residents, the rain lasted about 4 Hours and eventually reduced to a drizzle at about 9:30am.

However, they were in for the shock of their lives when people started coming out of their houses to go about their business. The 1st who identified herself as Iya Sulia, says she came out, key in hand, to open her shop across the road……… But couldn’t find her shop.

“I just come outside o, say make I come open shop this morning, I no see my shop. I no even recognize street. As I come shout, people come outside come see by theirseff”

Panic continued to grow after the residents trooped down the street and couldn’t recognize the adjoining streets. Shocked residents were then informed that while it rained, the flood carried their street from Mushin all the way to Alakija bus stop, close to FESTAC.

The Baale of the Area has declined to comment, insisting sacrifices have to be made first to appease the gods. Meanwhile Julius Berger have been contacted by The State Government to move the street back to its original location.

VISIT FOR MORE HILARIOUS NEWS

#DontMissTheNextFunnyThing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Men And Women - Money / When Last Did You Bedwet!! Share Your Bedwetting Experience Here!! / Party!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.