Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Stolen Camry Big For Nothing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Camry Big For Nothing (1738 Views)

Why Is This Car Called 'Big For Nothing'? / The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry) / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by asids55: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
a friend of mine attened a wedding at ikeja esterday 27th of September 2014 and had his car stolen at the car park..crazy world we live in ...the car details are as follows reg number bdg 147 cc,if found kindly report to the nearest police station or call 0808291862..thanks

Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Stay away from all these useless popular demands and save yourself from armed robbers. Volvo is now my next target when I give out the piece of shiit camry I presently drive.

5 Likes

Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by 9icetoo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
To describe your camry as a piece of shit is really pathetic. Well, each to their own. U should have bought a sports car in the first place. I don't think the person who stole that camry stole a piece of shit. lol. Owners should endeavor to install security on their cars especially camrys and corollas. If u can't or won't install, there is a feature designed into all new cars to prevent theft. it is called steering lock. it will take a very high level of expertise to beat it. Just turn ur steering to the left or right after u remove ur key from the ignition and the car is secure to an extent.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by oba009(m): 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
9icetoo: To describe your camry as a piece of shit is really pathetic. Well, each to their own. U should have bought a sports car in the first place. I don't think the person who stole that camry stole a piece of shit. lol. Owners should endeavor to install security on their cars especially camrys and corollas. If u can't or won't install, there is a feature designed into all new cars to prevent theft. it is called steering lock. it will take a very high level of expertise to beat it. Just turn ur steering to the left or right after u remove ur key from the ignition and[b] the car is secure to an extent[/b].

To an extent .....................
that is serious.
means no car is secure even if you lock the legs and steering together with pedal/stering lock.
Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by starlingbawa(m): 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
tpacalipse: Stay away from all these useless popular demands and save yourself from armed robbers. Volvo is now my next target when I give out the piece of shiit camry I presently drive.

Too bad 'YOUR OWN' Camry's a piece of shit!. A lot of folks out there would give a lot to own a Camry like yours just so you know.

Let's be content with what we have and God willing you'd land that Volvo in God speed time.

Finally, let's try to have security in our Camry cars since na 'HOT CAKE' for those idiots of the Underworld!
Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by adanny01(m): 1:13am On Oct 06, 2014
I do expect the 05 camry to have an immobilizer.

I always wonder how thiefs pass that security within a minute.

I have had these thoughts that the two ways to achieve that in such a little time in most robbery cases are very simple and obvious.

1. Car dealer or previous owner havingy duplicate keys.
2. Swapping of ECU with a specially programmed ECU for the purpose of ignoring the immobilizer system.

It is easy for a car dealer to either duplicate or program an extra key before selling the car to a buyer. The new owner uses his car for sometime and thinks his car is secured only for the car dealer to track, show up and pick the car within a blink of an eye.

Similarly, am sure ECUs of these cars which have no immobilizer programed in them can be sourced and used as universal ECUs just for stealing cars. However, this method will also affect the overall success of the theft with regards to time to access the ecu harness.

My humble opinion
Re: Stolen Camry Big For Nothing by Unionised(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2014
asids55:
a friend of mine attened a wedding at ikeja esterday 27th of September 2014 and had his car stolen at the car park..crazy world we live in ...the car details are as follows reg number bdg 147 cc,if found kindly report to the nearest police station or call 0808291862..thanks

Nothing to worry about if the car is INSURED.

I mean comprehensive insurance.

@ 5% or less of the price he bought it.

The insurance company then must replace the lost vehicle.

If no insurance, then SO MUCH FOR EDUCATION.

SMH. No sympathy from me....

(1) (Reply)

Can it get any worse? 1L/Mile / I Want To Buy Tyre-pls Help / Top 3 Most Expensive Cars Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.