Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,152 members, 7,852,928 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo (4635 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
gratieao:
Thank u my brother..... That's one of the reason Igbo must be very careful before pitching their tent in 2015. I don't see what's so special in GEJ administration that Igbo will want to die onto his matter. We must tell ourselves the truth, there is no way GEJ will hand over power in 2015 to Igbo
Nwannem, Ndigbo kwesiri teta nu ura. Kanyi mepe anya fu uzo ofuma. Let the truth be told, GEJ won't hand over to an Igboman in 2019 if we sheepishly surrender our mandate to him in the coming elections. We need to be wise as to where we pitch our tent. Goodluck has suddenly lost respect for us because of the numbers of sycophants and ass-lickers parading themselves as Igbo leaders in our zone. These praise singers chanting the GEJ till 2019 outnumber the President's Ijaw tribesmen nay minorities. Election is next year, and it is'nt late to start weighing our options. Are we to give our man full backing for President? Which party do we align with in the coming elections. If we say we want GEJ, do we gift him our votes on a platter of gold and suffer greatly for it in the coming dispensation. We can't continue to pull down our sons - who have plans to contest for the Presidency because of an Ijaw man. The Ijaws have suddenly become our allies now because their son needs our help. Where were they, when we needed them all the while? Don't be suprise when these same folks we stick our neck for, turn out to support a northerner when the goal post shifts to our direction. Nigerian politics is all about interest. What is in for us if vote GEJ? What is in for us if we vote APC? Which party among the two will give us the Presidential position we all desire. Which party will give us a secured political future. These are issues every true Nwafor should be talking about; these are opinions every town hall meetings in Igboland should bring out for deliberations. And not the sheepish chanting of GEJ till 2050.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Apart from her I doubt if Igbo can boast of any person that can sell before other ethnic groups.
Why are you this naïve. Rochas, Utomi, Ogbonnaya Onu and counting.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
shizzle11: Its a simple arithmetic, let the north have their turn in 2019 after GEJ, by then the SE would take its turn t lead, shikena
What makes you think the north will hand over to an igbo man after they are through with their 8yrs? Do you think they will neglect their yoruba allies who are helping them in their struggle to attain power just to favor the igbos that always call them names and are busy soiling their efforts? With the way the igbos are going about supporting GEJ, power will henceforth be shared between the hausas and the yorubas, even minorities will hardly smell it because GEJ has spoiled it for them.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Descartes: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo: Me and Chekwas Okorie have so much in common. This has been my view and will always be my view not only about Igbo but every group or nationality. I will forever love Rochas Okorocha for coming out bold to contest ans say no to Igbos being 4th class citizens in Nigeria. Let Theodore Orji, Iwuanyanwu, Chris Uba and Peter Obi continue with their bottom licking. Let them continue stripping middle aged Igbo independence activist to make ridicule of their own people in order to appease others. Let them keep lying against and blackmailing Okorocha for being upright and refusing to join the band wagon. Finally let them attack me for saying the truth.
HYPOCRISY !!! We will continue to attach you and Alhaji Abdulkareem Idris Okorocha until you do the NEEDFUL. angry

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by shizzle11(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: What makes you think the north will hand over to an igbo man after they are through with their 8yrs? Do you think they will neglect their yoruba allies who are helping them in their struggle to attain power just to favor the igbos that always call them names and are busy soiling their efforts? With the way the igbos are going about supporting GEJ, power will henceforth be shared between the hausas and the yorubas, even minorities will hardly smell it because GEJ has spoiled it for them.
This is a delusion of monumental proportion. In other words the country belongs to the hausas and yorubas. Anyways keep dreaming, its free.

And who told you the igbos are against the north to attain power? North has had their fair share, Whats the crime in allowing SS enjoy their share after which it can go back to them. GEJ spoiled what? Anyway that is your warped opinion and does not represent the opinion of most. Lastly you may want to define your north cos the hausa do not alone make up north
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Chiwude: Why are you this naïve. Rochas, Utomi, Ogbonnaya Onu and counting.
Will Ndigbo support these people? Don't you people call them Islamists? There was a time Ndigbo contesting the presidential election were asked to drop their ambition, to support Utomi, a technocrat; they said he was not pure Igbo because he is from Delta State.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
A couple of facts:

1. No matter who APC fields PDP/Jonathan will be re-elected in 2015 (APC is not ready)
2. Even a President of Igbo extraction can not singlehandedly transform the South East. Ordinary Igbos and our Governors will have to rebuild the East.
3. President Jonathan has not done much specially for the igbos, I am not under any illusion he has and I dont even think he should do anything special. All I want is a President treating all regions of Nigeria equitably and Jonathan has done that to his best ability. Past presidents have not been fair to the East
4. Igbo vote alone will not elect anyone President but we have a say in who can or can not be President. The electoral maths and facts support this position. A President of igbo extraction will have to go through the ranks naturally on his own but get supported by igbos at the right time. He can not be propped up by Igbos as Igbos alone can not choose the President. Jonathan was not necessarily chosen by the Ijaws to represent them. He came through the ranks Naturally. The same is true of Obama, he was not the black candidate, he came through the ranks naturally as an American politican who happens to be black. this is why he succeeded where Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton failed.

Igbos can continue to make progress and people must stop placing too much value on when Ndigbo can produce the President.
The South East is littered by people who will successfully lead this country better. But let it be Nigeria's problem if people can not bring themselves to vote the Igbo man. Ekwueme would have made a better president than Obasanjo; but people went as far as bring a man out of jail to stop the igbo man. Should I loose sleep about it? NO! I recognise that its one man one vote and people are entitled in a democracy to do what they like with their votes.

Again Igbos can make progress with or without the Presidency.

I am not big on Rochas, he is not that sophisticated. Ekwueme, Anyaoku, Soludo would have succeeded as Presidents in my view if they had the chance. But thats fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ebere Ndigbo ne me m.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
By the way

There is no alternative . APC will not offer their Presidential candidacy to any southerner!

The best candidate among them Fashola is not even getting a looking!

So how on earth does anyone think Rochas even has a chance?

GEJ till 2019 joor!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
shizzle11: This is a delusion of monumental proportion. In other words the country belongs to the hausas and yorubas. Anyways keep dreaming, its free.
Who and who has been ruling the country since independence? Who and who has benefited more from nigeria's politics in terms of development?
shizzle11: And who told you the igbos are against the north to attain power?
you call them boko haram....you laugh at their calamity in the hands of BH...you call them jihardists...you say their region is backward etc
shizzle11: North has had their fair share, Whats the crime in allowing SS enjoy their share after which it can go back to them.
can anyone ever be satisfied after tasting power? Ask GEJ
shizzle11: GEJ spoiled what?
spoiled it for minorities by shielding corrupt politicians, rendering EFCC useless, dividing the nation along ethnic lines, using insurgency to his own advantage, dining with enemies of nigeria(ali modu sheriff), missing 20billion, fuel subsidy, chibok girls, $9.3million dollar money laundering etc. Yes, some of those offenses where also committed by past presidents, but they were from major tribes who had the power to bring back their relevance. Can ijaw do same? Even with igbo support, they might lose in 2015
shizzle11: Anyway that is your warped opinion and does not represent the opinion of most. Lastly you may want to define your north cos the hausa do not alone make up north
beware of the hausa-fulani.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Lordlexyy: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Igbo sold their political destiny long before now. The massive endorsement and support they have given to past and present leaders is an indication that they are just there be use by the highest bidder. Absurd comments like " Gej till eternity", leaves much to be desire by people who are suppose to know better. The naivity they played politics has turned them into a puppet that can be easily manipulated. Not even the Ijaws that own Mr. President has stood down so low in their quest to canvas for the President second term like they Igbos are doing. There's life after Mr. President's second tenure. What happen after that? You go about making enemies of all regions on the basis of having Mr. President returned forgetting that tomorrow you may seek same support from others. What goes around comes around. The continuation of this nonesensical slogan will further show that they igbos have forfeited the dream of ever producing a president.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Lordlexyy: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
maestroferddi: Spare your tales of woes to whichever nationality you hail from.

Let me shock you and others who think the Igbos are gullible that the level of political maturity taking place in Igboland at the moment is unprecedented.

Political relevance goes beyond noisemaking. At this stage of our national development, everything rises and falls on results. I daresay that the Igbos are gradually building capacity and capital in Jonathan's administration. We are awaiting our opportunity and when it arrives, we shall seize it with both hands.

I believe that it would be more auspicious for the Igbos to garner the requisite experience and exposure overtime so that they would maximally utilise the opportunity for national leadership when the presents itself in the near future.

Were not people who claimed to love the Igbos more than they love themselves not wont to lambasting the Igbos in the past for lacking a unity of purpose as seen by the motley of individuals vying for the ultimate political position?

Now that the Igbos have learnt their lessons and are taking things one step at a time, certain sections of the country who have apparently lost out in the scheme of things or who feel sidelined are hiding behind a supposed consideration of Igbo interest to vent their frustrations and mislead many.

It is pitiable that certain gullible Igbo elements are getting hoodwinked by the subterfuge...
So much for too many crap.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: Igbo sold their political destiny long before now. The massive endorsement and support they have given to past and present leaders is an indication that they are just there be use by the highest bidder. Absurd comments like " Gej till eternity", leaves much to be desire by people who are suppose to know better. The naivity they played politics has turned them into a puppet that can be easily manipulated. Not even the Ijaws that own Mr. President has stood down so low in their quest to canvas for the President second term like they Igbos are doing. There's life after Mr. President's second tenure. What happen after that? You go about making enemies of all regions on the basis of having Mr. President returned forgetting that tomorrow you may seek same support from others. What goes around comes around. The continuation of this nonesensical slogan will further show that they igbos have forfeited the dream of ever producing a president.

Ekwueme fought for civilian rule and was shoved aside for Obasanjo who was a prisoner!

It amazes me how you lot go on about the pride of Igbos when you want votes!

Nominate an Igbo as APC leader then we can start talking.

For now and for PDP it's GEJ till 2019!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Lordlexyy: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
mikeansy:

Ekwueme fought for civilian rule and was shoved aside for Obasanjo who was a prisoner!

It amazes me how you lot go on about the pride of Igbos when you want votes!

Nominate an Igbo as APC leader then we can start talking.

For now and for PDP it's GEJ till 2019!
Even at that, the level of politics they Igbos are playing is very much predictable. How do you neglect the importance of building a regional political structure to endorse another party(ruling party) with your regional party championing the campaign? Who does that really, to a level of creating disunity with other regions who could be a source of help or back in the future. For what really? Handing over? The stomach? Political appointment? What? These are your right and you need not sale your self worth for it if you understand the dynamis of politics. Nobody is against adopting the candidature of Mr. President, but they Igbos gave out everything leaving nothing behind.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Remarkable: haha that's good you know yorubas are super cowards and the people I call super goons! lol...

Before you want to talk about Ojukwu running, you know you have to talk about those before him that mastered the art of fleeing, scared like hell.... from Ogundepe... to Obasanjo - that took a bullet in his bum-cheek till today... and your dead scorpion that fled on foot and ended up half-nak.ed in PH on one leg of his shoe...

anything the Igbos do that you talk about... Yorubas have done way worse and as long as you live, your people are beneath the feet of Igbos - quote me any time, any day. Igbos are

-Remarkable

[size=13pt]lol!!! Tell your people to present ONE candidate!! Affter all these years of bragging and screaming, Field an igbo leader, its well deserved, if a southerner can come from no where and take the place you have struggled for in just 4years then indigbo needs to restrategize, OR do you think the bayelsans etc regard you as brothers?? Keep kissing their behinds and watch them relegate your interests over and over again. Has any development reached your people? wasnt odua sacked at the slightest chance when bigger thieves rule?? Keep breathing fire and dont act watch the wise yet silent ones keep ruling. Its not by shouting my friend!! Everone already knows the igbos to shout and not act, action ended at the end of ojukwu. Maybe if you ruled for once, msybe Nigeria will be better[/size]
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: Even at that, the level of politics they Igbos are playing is very much predictable. How do you neglect the importance of building a regional political structure to endorse another party(ruling party) with your regional party championing the campaign? Who does that really, to a level of creating disunity with other regions who could be a source of help or back in the future. For what really? Handing over? The stomach? Political appointment? What? These are your right and you need not sale your self worth for it if you understand the dynamis of politics. Nobody is against adopting the candidature of Mr. President, but they Igbos gave out everything leaving nothing behind.

Lol

Damned if we do and damned if we don't

So it's wrong now to be part of a national party?
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=13pt]lol!!! Tell your people to present ONE candidate!! Affter all these years of bragging and screaming, Field an igbo leader, its well deserved, if a southerner can come from no where and take the place you have struggled for in just 4years then indigbo needs to restrategize, OR do you think the bayelsans etc regard you as brothers?? Keep kissing their behinds and watch them relegate your interests over and over again. Has any development reached your people? wasnt odua sacked at the slightest chance when bigger thieves rule?? Keep breathing fire and dont act watch the wise yet silent ones keep ruling. Its not by shouting my friend!! Everone already knows the igbos to shout and not act, action ended at the end of ojukwu. Maybe if you ruled for once, msybe Nigeria will be better[/size]

It's not about who regards who as whose brother

It's about standing up for a Nigeria where all Nigerians have a voice and nothing pleases the Igbo man than seeing a man considered minority by some running the country and even if at our expense so be it.

GEJ till 2019!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
mikeansy:

It's not about who regards who as whose brother

It's about standing up for a Nigeria where all Nigerians have a voice and nothing pleases the Igbo man than seeing a man considered minority by some running the country and even if at our expense so be it.

GEJ till 2019!

Thats hypocrisy my brother, so all of a sudden you have become freedom fighters. Igbo isn a minority yet they [size=13pt]push for inept minority leaders as if they dont have better ones to offer, if you were so upright how about all your awesome intellects that could change this nation, utomi, rochas... these are men that even the yorubas will route for. Keep pushing for Jonathan watch igbo intrests get relegated. Its as plain as that!! The ijaw nation standing high above the igbos. They own the oil anyway, dokubo has been saying it.
Its terribly sad that the current igbo has lost their bite!! Fielding criminals, cowering behind minorities in mere HOPES of getting a chance at leading. So sad!! [/size]
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Will Ndigbo support these people? Don't you people call them Islamists? There was a time Ndigbo contesting the presidential election were asked to drop their ambition, to support Utomi, a technocrat; they said he was not pure Igbo because he is from Delta State.
Where did you here this one from. If you read my post very well, I did'nt mention a minority party but a major party picking an Igbo son as their Presidential flag bearer. Pat never understood politics back then, that was why he kept contesting under a party with no political structure. It was evident that ADC - even if election was contested every year - would struggle to win a councillorship ward. So tell me why he would be taken seriously by his kinsmen. Ndigbo throwing their weight behind him would have been a waste of efforts and resources, like pouring water on a stone. But now, I think he is in a better position to garner Igbo support. Having learnt from his past mistakes and switched to APC, Utomi is in a better position to upset the apple cart - to lead in the battle for Igbo support - that is if he plays the politics well in the opposition's party's caucus. However, he faces a big challenge in the person of Rochas - who controls a large stake, followership and support in APC. Also, you mentioned that Igbo sons in APC are called Islamist by folks from the east. Are you aware that the vocal minority tend to speak louder than the majority. Boko Haram apologist for instance are a very good example of how a vocal minority can turn public opinion towards their favour. Is Ogbonna Onu called an Islamist? No. Is Utomi called an Islamist? No. You may ask why? These folks unlike Rochas, Ngige and Amaechi are not a force to reckon with politically in the region. There are not seen as a threat. But the three political heavyweight I mentioned are gladiators when it comes to Eastern politics. They can cause upset even when the chips are down. With a cult followership they can always win votes in difficult terrains. Rochas for instance causes panic to his political opponent in any election he his fielded. Check the man antecedent and you will understand what I am saying. He won the PDP primary ticket for Governorship of Imo in 1999 n but lost it under some fishy circmstances to his kinsman from Orlu zone. In the 2007 elections where Yar'adua emerge as the PDP Presidential flag bearer, Rochas came 2nd - this was even skewed to favour the former as it was zoned to the north. Recently, in 2011, Nigeria were witness to how Rochas with the backing of Ndimo upstaged the gang up of political hawks in the state to defeat an incumbent PDP governor. Now tell me, if you are in the shoes of his paid opponents knowing his - antecedent - and plans to contest for President will you sit down and fold your hands? The only way to go about twarting his political ambition is to label him an Islamist.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: So much for too many crap.
Sorry, I don't waste my gunpowder on the likes of you.

So take your "is and was" analyses elsewhere.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Did Ogundepe flee? Yes or no?

Did Obj. (at the sound of bullets, jump into his jeep and) flee action during the war? Yes or no?

Did your dead scorpion enter the centre of Igboland (and upon the sight of real men, zip his big mouth and tuck his tail between his legs and) flee battle during the war? Yes or no?

How is showing you that you have cowards in 100% of the Yoruba male population amount to ... what you've dubbed chest-beatin gattitude?

What level of education do you have? AFE? Awo Free Education? take your certificate and wipe your behind next time you go to the loo... (no insult intended).
SLIDEwaxie: grin grin the usual chest-beating attitude again..lol
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
TribalEAST: What makes you think the north will hand over to an igbo man after they are through with their 8yrs? Do you think they will neglect their yoruba allies who are helping them in their struggle to attain power just to favor the igbos that always call them names and are busy soiling their efforts? With the way the igbos are going about supporting GEJ, power will henceforth be shared between the hausas and the yorubas, even minorities will hardly smell it because GEJ has spoiled it for them.
We are in democracy and the rules of engagement is different from what obtained during the military era.

Most of you guys are yet to shed the carry over mentality of the military days.

For you to taste power in a ballot-based democracy, you must ride on the goodwill of other players in the political scene. Whether you accept it or not, Jonathan holds the levers of power at the moment. It will be foolhardy for the Igbos to allow themselves to pander to the whims of enemies who remain envious of the gains the Igbos have made under Jonathan's administration by following an amorphous opposition and end up getting stranded midstream.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
And to set the record straight Jonathan is on course to go down in history as one of our best leaders amongst the pool of poor leaders we have had!

I was never a fan of Jonathan as I don't believe he is a charismatic leader. But I have come to accept that Jonathan can be a force for stability and continuity. Electricity is improving and if it gets solved by 2019 that can be a great GEJ legacy and that process is on course. Jonathan is also revamping railway and automotive industry, renovating our airports which is the gateway to our country, building roads, Ebola tackled in a masterful way, and all of this is happening in the midst of Boko haram crisis and Nigerians being pessimistic.

Jonathan is working! Can he do better? Absolutely yes but I don't see any alternative on the opposition!

And people like to make noise about Buhari. Other than truncating democracy and issuing draconian decrees I don't think he did much! Obj and Abdusalami gets hailed as the military leaders who handed over to civilians but in terms of being a transformational leader and building institutions I think IBB did more than the rest if you examine things critically!

So when the political class oppose Buhari, it's not necessarily about fear of "corruption" but people realise Buhari is just noise and hot air but not substance!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Come on, don't fall for that boy's intentionally selective crap...

Even if GEJ did all the stuff he highlighted, he will still have things to site that GEJ hasn't done in other aspects of socio-economic infrastructure etc...

A fair assessment of the president will be to compare what he has done for other geo-political zones...
The federal roads he has fixed/completed in the SE, is it less than those completed in the SW? SS? NW etc?

it sure would have been good to have a refinery, but was the SE the only zone overlooked in citing a refinery?

There was a thread sometime ago sincere Nigerian opened about the things GEJ has done for the SE, those don't count?

Even if it seems like crumbs, how much did the SE get under past administrations? and isn't APC threatening to keep the SE aside if it gets into power for not supporting it?

if not GEJ, then I ask you, Manny, who then?
manny4life:

Wonderful... I couldn't have said it better.

I have refrained from most topics about GEJ because truthfully and honestly, we really haven't gained much. Most importantly, GEJ has drifted away from my expectation.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
shizzle11: This is a delusion of monumental proportion. In other words the country belongs to the hausas and yorubas. Anyways keep dreaming, its free.

And who told you the igbos are against the north to attain power? North has had their fair share, Whats the crime in allowing SS enjoy their share after which it can go back to them. GEJ spoiled what? Anyway that is your warped opinion and does not represent the opinion of most. Lastly you may want to define your north cos the hausa do not alone make up north
The way some people reason is shocking to say the least.

What do you say to folks that still harbour 1960s mentality in 2014. Democratic culture is growing in Nigeria: the paradigms are changing in such a fast pace.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: Even at that, the level of politics they Igbos are playing is very much predictable. How do you neglect the importance of building a regional political structure to endorse another party(ruling party) with your regional party championing the campaign? Who does that really, to a level of creating disunity with other regions who could be a source of help or back in the future. For what really? Handing over? The stomach? Political appointment? What? These are your right and you need not sale your self worth for it if you understand the dynamis of politics. Nobody is against adopting the candidature of Mr. President, but they Igbos gave out everything leaving nothing behind.
My Verdict: leave political analysis to mature minds as you patently dont know jack. Your submission above is infra dig, to put it mildly.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Why do I have a funny feeling you are not even Igbo?

Remarkable has laser eyes and ... you are under my radar now... lol

Chiwude: Nwannem, Ndigbo kwesiri teta nu ura. Kanyi mepe anya fu uzo ofuma. Let the truth be told, GEJ won't hand over to an Igboman in 2019 if we sheepishly surrender our mandate to him in the coming elections. We need to be wise as to where we pitch our tent. Goodluck has suddenly lost respect for us because of the numbers of sycophants and ass-lickers parading themselves as Igbo leaders in our zone. These praise singers chanting the GEJ till 2019 outnumber the President's Ijaw tribesmen nay minorities. Election is next year, and it is'nt late to start weighing our options. Are we to give our man full backing for President? Which party do we align with in the coming elections. If we say we want GEJ, do we gift him our votes on a platter of gold and suffer greatly for it in the coming dispensation. We can't continue to pull down our sons - who have plans to contest for the Presidency because of an Ijaw man. The Ijaws have suddenly become our allies now because their son needs our help. Where were they, when we needed them all the while? Don't be suprise when these same folks we stick our neck for, turn out to support a northerner when the goal post shifts to our direction. Nigerian politics is all about interest. What is in for us if vote GEJ? What is in for us if we vote APC? Which party among the two will give us the Presidential position we all desire. Which party will give us a secured political future. These are issues every true Nwafor should be talking about; these are opinions every town hall meetings in Igboland should bring out for deliberations. And not the sheepish chanting of GEJ till 2050.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by manny4life(m): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
Remarkable: Come on, don't fall for that boy's intentionally selective crap...

Even if GEJ did all the stuff he highlighted, he will still have things to site that GEJ hasn't done in other aspects of socio-economic infrastructure etc...

A fair assessment of the president will be to compare what he has done for other geo-political zones...
The federal roads he has fixed/completed in the SE, is it less than those completed in the SW? SS? NW etc?

it sure would have been good to have a refinery, but was the SE the only zone overlooked in citing a refinery?

There was a thread sometime ago sincere Nigerian opened about the things GEJ has done for the SE, those don't count?

Even if it seems like crumbs, how much did the SE get under past administrations? and isn't APC threatening to keep the SE aside if it gets into power for not supporting it?

if not GEJ, then I ask you, Manny, who then?

My broda, a lot of people have asked me what happened? I have been MIA.. Do you know why? Because I don't have the strength to defend GEJ anymore. In my opinion, a lot of things have gone wrong, IF the SE were to be a balance sheet, we have more liabilities than assets. Granted he fixed some roads, that's it? The SE contributes just like the SW and SS, in fact CBN data proves that, SE is a major regional hub, so why were we overlooked? What is the state of the so-called river port? It's one excuse or the other... Is it Enugu airport? Thank you to Stella who brought it to limelight, then what? Biko, I have taken careful inventory of the SE, and like I keep saying, we need to FOCUS on what matters. Enough of the supporting but rather integrate and better ourselves because it's obviously not coming.

I am not supporting anyone obviously... I am indifferent from where I was 6 months. We supported GEJ because of what he promised; we want full delivery of promises. I am not looking for how much SE has gotten under any past administration, I am looking at the present. If you don't have money to spend, you can inspire.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
maestroferddi: We are in democracy and the rules of engagement is different from what obtained during the military era.
This is naija!

maestroferddi: Most of you guys are yet to shed the carry over mentality of the military days.
na naija we dey o!

maestroferddi: For you to taste power in a ballot-based democracy, you must ride on the goodwill of other players in the political scene.
do you think other majority tribes will want to vote for an ibo man when you guys go about insulting them? You call the hausas jihardists and backward. The yorubas you call dirty and even claim their land is a no man's land. You guys have burnt all bridges and will soon realize how isolated you are when the ijaws finally finish using the tissue paper. Which tribe would want to vote for secessionists who are known for ethnic bigotry and support for corrupt politicians simply because they hail from their tribe?
maestroferddi: Whether you accept it or not, Jonathan holds the levers of power at the moment. It will be foolhardy for the Igbos to allow themselves to pander to the whims of enemies who remain envious of the gains the Igbos have made under Jonathan's administration by following an amorphous opposition and end up getting stranded midstream.

@bold What gains? 2nd niger invisible bridge? Enugu intl air/seaport? Few political appointments given to individuals who only remember their immediate family? Igbo presidency 2019? Wake up dude!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
I agree with your comment, but wanna ask you about not ever producing the president (Igbos, that is)....

Do you think that Igbos will suffer or be facing hardship or there will be some sort of negative repecussions if Igbos do not become President in the future
?
Lordlexyy: Igbo sold their political destiny long before now. The massive endorsement and support they have given to past and present leaders is an indication that they are just there be use by the highest bidder. Absurd comments like " Gej till eternity", leaves much to be desire by people who are suppose to know better. The naivity they played politics has turned them into a puppet that can be easily manipulated. Not even the Ijaws that own Mr. President has stood down so low in their quest to canvas for the President second term like they Igbos are doing. There's life after Mr. President's second tenure. What happen after that? You go about making enemies of all regions on the basis of having Mr. President returned forgetting that tomorrow you may seek same support from others. What goes around comes around. The continuation of this nonesensical slogan will further show that they igbos have forfeited the dream of ever producing a president.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ok. Thanks for the advice.
I am flattered you believe there's a chance of a better Nigeria if the president is Igbo. Thanks again.

(P.S. We are not all talk no action. it was Adekunli who said he will get to Igboland and shoot things that move and don't move, but when he got there, he ran away, naked, on foot, all the way to PH. I aint bluffing, look it up).
chrisbaba1:

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
I feel you, I must say I feel the same way -- that the SE has not gotten or progressed as much/fast as it should; all I was saying was to give GEJ a break... he's the president of the whole Nigeria andn ot only the SE... so I wont ask for his head only because he hasn't lived up to expectations when it comes to SE... his impact on the whole Nigeria is more visible, me thinks... and isn't that what we want? a better Nigeria? so when you spread it out, things are a bit slow, if it were when we had regional premiers... maybe development would have been more rapid.
I wont stick my head out for GEJ, but won't call for his head either.

All in all, I see what you mean.
manny4life:

My broda, a lot of people have asked me what happened? I have been MIA.. Do you know why? Because I don't have the strength to defend GEJ anymore. In my opinion, a lot of things have gone wrong, IF the SE were to be a balance sheet, we have more liabilities than assets. Granted he fixed some roads, that's it? The SE contributes just like the SW and SS, in fact CBN data proves that, SE is a major regional hub, so why were we overlooked? What is the state of the so-called river port? It's one excuse or the other... Is it Enugu airport? Thank you to Stella who brought it to limelight, then what? Biko, I have taken careful inventory of the SE, and like I keep saying, we need to FOCUS on what matters. Enough of the supporting but rather integrate and better ourselves because it's obviously not coming.

I am not supporting anyone obviously... I am indifferent from where I was 6 months. We supported GEJ because of what he promised; we want full delivery of promises. I am not looking for how much SE has gotten under any past administration, I am looking at the present. If you don't have money to spend, you can inspire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Past And Present Governors That Passed Through Polytechnic / Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? / Fulani Herdsmen Found Dead In The Bush On His Way To Kill Adamawa People(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.