Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister (14931 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / 2nd Niger Bridge: Former Works Minister Disgraces Oshiomhole With Pix Evidence / Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Pennywise(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
This is an open war against the Nigerian people directed and overseen by Goodluck Jonathan. He is determined to see that the Nigerian people despite their wealth and resources will continue to suffer because they have no voice having been divided by ethnicity, tribalism and religion.

No effort is made to shield the open raid on the treasury anymore. Can Nigeria truly survive another four years of President Goodluck Jonathan?

Note that the vast majority of theft of pubic funds go unnoticed. The few ones that are identified are squelched by a sitting president.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Billygee2u: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mrstan: I just dey hit Fp shaaaaaa
continue hitting front page ,while others continue to loot Nigeria dry.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Billygee2u: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
frostland: dis 1 na confirm OYO all of dem na thief dem be,D thunder wa go fire all those wa da steal ur moni still da do press up
b4 ur thunder go finish him press-up,the looters go don finish looting .
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by philips70(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
eleojo23: The EFCC should be careful not to lose any credibility they have left in the eyes of the public.
If not, they may become 'one of those government commission that became irrelevant'

So, if you are asked in an exam if EFCC is or was synonymous with credibility in Nigeria you will answer yes?
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Over 130 exhibits had been tendered while it was being heard by the retired Justice Adamu.

Shittu gave no reason for the withdrawal of the charges on Thursday.

[size=17pt]He said, “I have firm instruction that the case against the accused persons, all of them, be discontinued.[/size]

“To be assure you that I did not make the application out of my own volition I asked them to put it in writing and they did. So, as an obedient servant, I have no other choice than to carry out the instruction. I hereby apply that the charges be discontinued and the accused persons be discharged.”

Nigerians, say NO to Jonathan in 2015.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by TeamSimple(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
The number of corruption cases that has been droped since jonathan emerges keep me asking, why did we vote a shoeless man as president? Why?
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Baawaa(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Jonathan had scraped EFCC since 2011, all these ones are formalities . cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by eleojo23: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
philips70:

So, if you are asked in an exam if EFCC is or was synonymous with credibility in Nigeria you will answer yes?
I'm not sure what my answer would be right now considering the fact that I don't have enough information to make conclusions. By the way, the credibility I mean is 'the quality of being trusted or believed in' I hope that's the meaning you're working with too?
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Itulah(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2014

Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
I have given up on seeking ways to better this nation.. i shall try no further and re-direct my efforts into accessing the National Cake. I shall go armed with a big machete, i will cut my own share so that 6 generations in the future will weep the day i made this decision. Nigerians are not worth fighting for.. Chop Clean Mouth.. I no come lagos to look fly-over
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by IDERAWOLE(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
eleojo23: The EFCC should be careful not to lose any credibility they have left in the eyes of the public.
If not, they may become 'one of those government commission that became irrelevant'

C-R-E-D-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y for Naija.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by chinchong: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
micolaj: Thief discharging thieves since 419BC
baba wayre
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by gbaskiboy: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
merieam16: Na dem sabi...ko kan aye
o kan Aye baje baje, Naijeria ko ni ba oo
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by philips70(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
eleojo23: I'm not sure what my answer would be right now considering the fact that I don't have enough information to make conclusions. By the way, the credibility I mean is 'the quality of being trusted or believed in' I hope that's the meaning you're working with too?

We mean exactly same thing brother. I can't say for sure EFCC and other antigraft bodies have gained enough confidence of reasonable Nigerians over the years. Not that am surprised because I don't expect a body whose executive is at the beck and call, and on the hire and fire exclusive list of the president to do anything meaningful in the area of fighting corruption. So, on a scale of 10 I will only score them 2 on initiation and conclusion of corrupt cases in Nigeria. I bet many Nigerians feel the same except of course direct and indirect beneficiaries of corruption like many we have on this forum.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Hempe(m): 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
I pity d future of dis country cry cry
wht d EFCC totally disgust nw.....wht do we expect....oya everybody start looting......lol
but knw dat smone is watching u frm above
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by free2ryhme: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
In the voice of african," rich man go dey hala modupe, poor man go dey shout awalam e"
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by feedthenation(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2014

EFCC has been ineffective and irrelevant since 2008.
Not even one high profile corruption case has been successful, instead they go after the small guys engaged in monetary frauds (aka yahoo boys) for less than N1m.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Ijaya123: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
I've not seen a government that condones and embraces corruption like the this Jonathan administration. Little wonder some fellow will come here with rants like "GEJ till 2019."
The reasons are quite obvious. Mortgaged futures.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by superstar3: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2014

Are they still relevant? I don't think so.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Ghost01(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Naija, I salute una!
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by fireonmountain: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Toothless bulldog
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by folahann(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Well I think what happened is not corruption. That is mere stealing. This Ordinary stealing that you people call corruption. Just as our able president had said, corruption is overly exaggerated in this country.
So the case against tgis man was dropped because they discovered it was just ordinary stealing.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Waspy(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
GEJ dey do Xmas and Dec neva reach ooo.Hmmm undecided
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Fourwinds: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
dis government is a piss of shiit. since d exit of Ribadu EFCC has been an embarrassing appendage of FG and more pronounced in dis present government
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by tokjohn: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Make more money by watch 20 Highly Successful People After Age 40 HD [Audio swapped]
Before it's too late! grin

Please Like and Share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3V8uIyZq4E
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by otokx(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
2015 on point.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Google To shut down its social network (ORKUT)
https://www.nairaland.com/1926261/google-shut-down-orkut-social
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by popson1st: 4:49am On Sep 30, 2014
Looting of public funds by politicians is constitutional.
Re: EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister by kenock: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mma Okpara Visits Governor Ikpeazu (Photos) / FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months / LP Chairman, Spokesman Differ Over Okupe's ‘Sacking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.