Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria (1282 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by jusman1967(f): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2008
Situation: Falsely Accused of “Injury to a Child-Bodily Injury”
I was married to a Nigerian

I.
My husband never informed me that my step-son was taken by Child Protective Services (CPS). The day of the investigation in October 2005, was the first I knew of anything. Talk about clueless…!!

On the day of the investigation I was called away from work to meet with T**** P****, CPS worker. On this particular day I called my supervisor to cover my shift in which I was scheduled to work and I attempted to meet Ms. P***** at the apartment in which my husband, my stepson and I resided. I waited for Ms. P*****over one hour. After I did not hear from Ms. P*****, I decided to call the number in which she initially called me from to see if she would answer the phone, she did. Before I could ask her where she was she begins insinuating “that I was not as instructed”. When I finally begin to speak I explained to Ms. P***** that I was at the home in which my husband, my stepson and I resided at which point I gave Ms. P***** the correct directions to our home. When she finally arrived I was still sitting the parking of the apartment due to the situation. I never entered my apartment because I did not want her to think that I was hiding anything!  Ms. P***** and I entered the apartment immediately upon her arrival at which point she properly introduced herself.

Once Ms. P***** introduced herself my first question to her was why the address information she had was not correct and her reply was “that she could not disclose any information”. During the course of my marriage my husband NEVER-EVER put my name on anything that he had…including T*****’s school records. The investigation began with a lot of questions and ended with her investigating T****’s room at which point I explained to Ms. P***** that T****’s toys and clothing had been slowing disappearing long before the investigation.

I explained to Ms. P***** that my husband’s reply when I ask about the whereabouts of T**** was that “he and S***** will take care of it!” Upon leaving my home Ms. P***** assured me that “everything was going to be ok given the situation with S******* M****** (my husband’s mistress). She also informed me that another investigator will contact me because I felt like it was a setup being that she was given an incorrect address and NO ONE calls me by my nickname unless they know me…! Another concern of mine was that my husband was not present during the investigation not to mention that T***** (my stepson) was released to S******* (the mistress of my husband).

During the time of the incident my husband did not contact me at work he called S******* to assist him in the matter.

Well…A few days went by and I had not heard from CPS as promised when Ms. P***** left my home. So, I decided to call the office to speak with Ms. P***** regarding the investigation and I was transferred to M**** L*****. Ms. L***** began asking questions in the same manner as Ms. P***** and I answered accordingly. The phone conversation with Ms. L***** concluded by her stating that “everything was going to be ok" and "that she was sorry that I had to go through that”.

Mind you, the ONLY time I came in contact with CPS (on the day of the investigation) was the FIRST and ONLY TIME!! And the second time was when I called a couple of days later at which point I was told “that everything was going to be alright”.

Unfortunately…!!!! Five months later I was arrested for “Injury to a Child-Bodily Injury”…Before I go any further I must mention that my stepson was out of the home and enrolled in a school in which my husband’s mistress resided. I had not seen my stepson for months before the incident occurred. At the time I worked from 7a – 7p every day to keep from being in the house with my husband and T**** was not in the home. According to my husband, “all he needed from me was his green card”.

II.

Five months later I was arrested at my job. According to CPS policy the accused is suppose to be notified to have a chance to appeal the case. I was not notified via phone, email or mail. I would like to know at what point did and how they decided that I abused my stepson.

III.

I lost everything when I was arrested. By this time I had moved out of the home in which my husband and I resided.

IV.

My entire working history has been working with children and youth in may capacities. I have NEVER been in trouble with the law. NOW?, ! I cannot work in any field in which I have worked in the past.

V.

The embarrassment of getting arrested at my place of employment in front of the customers in which I build a relationship with and having to tell my family was not a pleasant experience.

VI.

It was very inconvenient having to report to the bailsman each Monday.

VII.

I decided to separate from my husband after the investigation and by the time I saved money for me an apartment in December, T**** was released back to the home in which we resided before I moved out…Why didn’t CPS investigate to see if I was still in the home if they concluded that I abused him? How come my husband was never investigated?!! It made MY move out of the home quicker…and inconvenient!

VIII.

During the same year that I was arrested and moved away from the situation my husband was arrested for “Child Abandonment”. He left my stepson in the home for more than eight hours. And he still has contact with the child…go and figure!!

Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by Busybody2(f): 6:30am On Nov 14, 2008
Sorry to hear about your case. It could have been anyone, and as you have discovered, he is just a bad father. Are the relevant authorities aware of the fact that he has abandoned his son? Why aren't the hyprocrites doing anything about it?

We have the same sorts of Social Services in UK too, it's their words against yours.
Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by Leilah(f): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2008
Where are you from and where is his mistress from?
Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by jusman1967(f): 3:13am On Nov 15, 2008
sad I not exactly sure if his mistress is from here however she has resisded in the Fort Worth, Texas area from the time I married in 2004. My ex-husband is from Nigeria.
Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by tpia: 4:29am On Nov 15, 2008
Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by jusman1967(f): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2008
Yes, some things are better left behind. I totally agree, however when you are in a sitauation that changes your WHOLE entire life you begin pondering the thought: Is there someone out there going though what I been through? WIth my working background, children of my own that has never been investigated by CPS and no arrest record you would think that this situation is definitely a slip through the crack.

As I mentioned I have worked with children in every capacity my entire working career. I can not get a job that field or any state job for that matter and he continues to walk the face of GOD's precious earth even after he left that poor child home alone for more than eight hours. CPS never removed that poor baby from his home.
Re: Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2008
sorry about your situation o!!

spoiling someone's life and career for just a green card?

some people are are desperate and very selfish

the other woman was/is probably his nigerian wife

stay away from nigerian men!! they are like tornadoes!!

(1) (Reply)

Love/hate My Mother / What Is The Latest On Ayobami Jaiyeola? / Dear Married Couples, Kindly Read This Story To The End.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.