Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland (3435 Views)

Sick Ways To Become Popular On Romance Section / 10 Ways To Remain Poor / How Can I Become Popular On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by tosyne2much(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
In the recent time, the rate at which most especially dudes are striving towards popularity is so alarming.. The rate at which they strive towards becoming popular is even more than that of making money. I have to come up with this kind of thread just to make some attention seeking people know what they are naïve about

You have something worth people's attention rather than being attention-seeking.

1. Don't Derail Threads-

What have you got to offer other people that will set you above the Nairaland masses ?. There are
some key elements that will help
your quest: You're fascinating, interesting, unusual, alluring, or unique. It's about the information and entertainment, not about "Look at me attitude!"

2. You Don't Have To Be Woman Wrappering-

You have something worth
people's attention rather than
be woman wrappering for attention-seeking. It's about the information and entertainment, not about creating threads to profess your love, "Look at me attitude!", '' I am very handsome and so on

3. Be Funny-

Try to use friendly tone in relating with others.. You don't have to fake your personality insulting people under the cover of being funny

4. Be Patient And Persistent
It might take a while to be
noticed or to hit that right viral
moment. Be prepared to keep delivering what the people following you keep wanting! Be consistent and don't leave them waiting. If you don't like the idea of having to be constantly available, don't seek internet fame!

5. Use Real Photos Of Yourself -
Nairalanders will want to be reassured that they're connecting with the "real you". however, find your own look and style and let people see that you're
comfortable being yourself.
Remember that the brand is "you"

6. Create Interesting Threads -
Test it out on your friends, or in a. forum, first to gauge people's reactions.

7. Find Your Own Style-

To get noticed, use you style to get people wanting to see your comments each time. You don't have to get people's attention by outrightly correcting other people's grammatical blunders in mockery.

8. Stop Worrying So Much About How You Look-

You don't have to create thread asking people to rate you or how handsome you are. When you post interesting and sensible comments, people will be forced to view your pix and like it

9. Be Friendly-

I can deduce that popular people on NL are on friendly terms with pretty much everyone--not only their peers. Being friendly doesn't take a big effort, but it makes a real impact. Keep it casual. Small talk is all about sticking to "safe" topics. Stay away from anything
Controversial by expressing your
Views on a controversial topic
You're bound to be unpopular
with people who disagree. Keep
the topics "light", don't butt in. There's a difference between being friendly and going where you're not wanted.

10. Respect People's Privacy-
Learn to read typing language so you can see when your comments are starting to make them feel uncomfortable. Don't invite yourself anywhere, don't stalk, don't brag, and don't interrupt. In other words, don't be annoying. Popular people don't just know everyone--they're on good terms with everyone. They establish those terms by helping people out, and they don't do it in particularly
noticeable ways.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ok lemme try dem cos I want to be popular too

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by vizkiz: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
how much do i get for being popular on NL undecided

Op, please can you create a thread on "how to become a MOD on NL" cuz i really need to Ban some accounts in here angry

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
and above all be intelligent .

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by happykidArotiba(m): 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
so nairaland is now a world of its own
OK now.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
So people want to be popular on NL grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Mutuwa(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
*still watching from palm wine top*
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nonsense, do people get paid for been popular on here? undecided tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Antidote123(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
10 ways to make money shoulda been better undecided

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Let me ask, what do I stand to get for being popular on Nairaland?.
A faceless forum for that matter.

I like NL because of the comic relief I usually get while reading some comments. smiley
That's all.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Antidote123: 10 ways to make money shoulda been better undecided
Abi o smiley
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by tosyne2much(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
rokiatu: Nonsense, do people get paid for been popular on here? undecided tongue tongue
you are acting as if you don't know what's happening here on NL ?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
As abstract as a faceless forum, peeps want to be popular, hilarious. I don't want to hurt the opinion of others, but I don't just give a shít about forum popularity. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by izaray(f): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
rokiatu: Nonsense, do people get paid for been popular on here? undecided tongue tongue
Good question!
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Haba madame I tot dey said u people collect pension after some months of popularity grin
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
If not that I am now born again, I know 1001 things I can u this useless thread to do.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by izaray(f): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
rozzay: Ok lemme try dem cos I want to be popular too
U are popular already, wat we should be talking about here, should be d benefit involve!
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by jmoore(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
Be an expert in trolling.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
rozzay:
Haba madame I tot dey said u people collect pension after some months of popularity grin
Tell me about it oooh n 10 million post later am still here with not a cubooo!
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Elvisonjack2(m): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
wizkid is busy out der gettin famous!!! makin cool cash,dough!!

instead of creatin reasonable topic

u re busy penning down how to become popular on nairaland!!!

nna biko!!! #go get a life!!!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
rokiatu: Tell me about it oooh n 10 millions post later am still here with not a cubooo!
R u serious nd I tot dere was salary o. Chai. Hehehhehehh
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by chibwike(m): 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
i respected u before. Buh now u just lost it..
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elvisonjack2: wizkid is busy out der gettin famous!!! makin cool cash,dough!!

Haba he s just trying to help u, no nid to take it personal. Choi

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
izaray: U are popular already, wat we should be talking about here, should be d benefit involve!
Me ke naaa. Anyway benefits will be for anoda thread. Op pls do d nidful
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by tosyne2much(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elvisonjack2: wizkid is busy out der gettin famous!!! makin cool cash,dough!!

who is this bush man ? Are you so dumb to comprehend ? Goat !!! By their comment you shall know them.. * Attention seeking nincompoop*

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by chibwike(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
tosyne2much u ve said it all..the fact that someone is popular here, doesn't mean that, he or she doesn't have a life outside NL..its just for the fun of it

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by chibwike(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
tosyne2much: who is this bush man ? Are you so dumb to comprehend ? Goat !!! By their comment you shall know them.. * Attention seeking nincompoop*
Lol, guess someone has pushed you to the wall
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
chibwike: i respected u before. Buh now u just lost it..
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Elvisonjack2(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
rozzay:
Haba he s just trying to help u, no nid to take it personal. Choi
lol...am not takin any issh personal...i was expectin sumtin like, how to make money(ego) lol. -i be igbo guy na
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by vizkiz: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
tosyne2much: who is this bush man ? Are you so dumb to comprehend ? Goat !!! By their comment you shall know them.. * Attention seeking nincompoop*

i thought you mentioned something about being friendly grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by tosyne2much(m): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
chibwike: Lol, guess someone has pushed you to the wall
yeah broda.. Check what the useless idiaaat posted above
Re: Top 10 Ways To Become Popular On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
I will follow the list when the zhit is yielding some cash !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Overcame Lesbianism / Ladies With The Biggest "Ukwu's" In Nollywood / Mtn 2018 Cheat 2gb For N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.