Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,104 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

"Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" (998 Views)

Hilarious Photo: See How People Queue In Thailand / Next In Olubadan’s Succession Queue Dies At 91 / Im gay, Im not mixed, I steal peoples pics online because I cant get girls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by dee1wolex(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
What is it with Nigerians and this funny atitude? I was in uba today, luckily for me i met about 10 people on the queue. By the time i finished filling the teller and went back to the queue...it was like a growing worm,the line kept growing and i ended up @ 35th position.....'i was here'.....sounded lik a song to me wen all of them moved to my front wit the slogan....in my 2nd function-anger a lady came to me and said...'im at ur back'...she didnt even wait for my response, i com laff..... This bad culture has eaten deep into us and it seems its gonna last forever.

What effect has this atitude on you... Are u also angered or u are a benefacto.

1 Like

Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Simple "I'm behind you" has along way to go, especially if it's a very long queue.
Next time you walk into a line and want to do something else, it's good to always let the person before you know you're behind them wink wink wink

It's doesn't have any negative effect on me, since I belong to that crew grin grin grin grin
Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by dejt4u(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Op, have u ever heard of the word 'booking'?..
In this country, u jst hv to be smart.. If u dull urself, u go suffer o my brother..

I dont see anything wrong in that anyway
Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by ITbomb(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
When did asking for the last person on the queue start being a 'bad culture'?

1 Like

Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by lomaxx: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
This OP sef. Once I enter a bank, I go straight to where the teller is, get my copy and go to stand at the queue. Then I fill my teller on the queue. The time wey you don use fill one teller, 10 people don join queue.

@Topic: I try as much as possible to avoid interactions with humans in public. Especially Nigerian humans. Go to bank -> Find Queue -> Stand Quietly.

1 Like

Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by dee1wolex(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
ITbomb: When did asking for the last person on the queue start being a 'bad culture'?

of course we are so used to it.....convincing ourselves otherwise wont be easy but i believe if we all can just cultivate the habit of entering (a banking hall esp) and fill what you hav to fill, the next person does the same.....we will not only be saving time, we will also be encouraging orderliness and patience in the younger generation. I knw im bushing a hard bill though nairaland house of assembly....but i believe my belief.

1 Like

Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by Doclight(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
lomaxx: This OP sef. Once I enter a bank, I go straight to where the teller is, get my copy and go to stand at the queue. Then I fill my teller on the queue. The time wey you don use fill one teller, 10 people don join queue.

@Topic: I try as much as possible to avoid interactions with humans in public. Especially Nigerian humans. Go to bank -> Find Queue -> Stand Quietly.
lolz.

What is wrong with the "nigerian human"?

And what makes the "non-nigerian" better?
Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by lomaxx: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Doclight: lolz.

What is wrong with the "nigerian human"?

And what makes the "non-nigerian" better?

The average Nigerian human is a piece of work. And you don't know who is "average" and who is "reasonable". So it's safe to assume they're all "average" until they prove you wrong.

I'm not saying non-Nigerians are better. I'm sure the same would suffice if I had the chance to interact with them on a large scale.

1 Like

Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by ITbomb(m): 12:30am On Sep 30, 2014
lomaxx:

See wetin social media don do you.
You go form lion for cyberspace, whereas for real life rats dey frighten you
Re: "Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" by lomaxx: 1:05am On Sep 30, 2014
ITbomb:

See wetin social media don do you.
You go form lion for cyberspace, whereas for real life rats dey frighten you

I'm not even a social media addicts/freak. I'm on the Internet for informative purposes only.

And I'm very stern.

The baggage that come with human interaction is very avoidable. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

(1) (Reply)

An Interesting Piece On "Expanding Frontiers Of The Yoruba Culture" / Where Did The Yorubas In The Caribbeans Really Originated From? / A Look Deep Into One Of The Most Primitive And Horrific Cultures On Earth. NSFW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.