Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet (556 Views)

Any Website For Sale / Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet by uanda(m): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Have you ever wondered how many people visit TechCrunch every month? How about the New York Times? How about how many people are visiting the site of your competitors?

Recently I discovered a tool that is quite handy for digging out those numbers. Before presenting the tool, though, here’s a caveat: in theory it’s impossible for an external tool to know exactly how many visitors any website has, because this is information is private to the owners of that site. Most tools that offer those numbers do so based on their own research and estimations, so you should always pick that data with a grain of salt.

That being said, as far as I can tell the numbers presented by this tool are quite solid. It’s called SimilarWeb.com. You just need to input the URL of the website and it will give you a brief report about it. Here are some examples of their traffic estimations:

DailyBlogTips – 340 thousand monthly visitors
TechCrunch – 34 million monthly visitors
New York Times – 140 million monthly visitors

I can verify the DailyBlogTips number, and it’s quite close. The TechCrunch number is also not far off, because the official ‘Advertise with Us’ page say they receive 34 million monthly page views, but it might not have been updated in a while. The NYTimes number could be correct as well, as I heard back in 2012 they were receiving 80 million visitors per month.

More : http://clearsoft.org/category/seo/
Re: How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet by Sethuncahier(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
@OP is that your blog? I love it! Keep it up!
Re: How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet by uanda(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks @Sethuncahier

1 Like

Re: How To Find The Traffic Of Any Website On The Internet by udswagz: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Reading the post, i bet some ideas came into your head,
well if it is one that has to do with tech, i may be of help
I can help you build your idea, create a strong online presence
for your brand.
With my web development and Android app development skills
i can help you build a beautiful website or intuitive mobile app
which aligns with the coporate vision of your organisation.
In case that idea is still in your head
visit: www.udonline.net

I will expecting your email smiley

Some sites i have completed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.chypesfrontline.com
www.botosoftechnologies.com
www.kasemart.com [e-commerce]

The most recent Android app i just published on Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmasnig.udcreate

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Vs Google: Lessons Learned / Awesome Domain Names You Can Use For Your Blog / Get Your Own Autoresponder Website Like Aweber And Getresponse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.