Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Hate My Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Hate My Job (2631 Views)

I Hate My Job N350,000 ... / My Job Interview Experience Today / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Job by Arsenate(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
I hate my job
I hate everything about it; my colleagues seem to be the most annoying, petty and hypocritical beings around. I definitely don't think I can endure this any longer.
has anyone out there ever had such an experience?
how did you cope/survive?
help a brother out....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Job by BigBizzy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Arsenate: I hate my job
I hate everything about it; my colleagues seem to be the most annoying, petty and hypocritical beings around. I definitely don't think I can endure this any longer.
help a brother out....

no be your fault...you don get work na.....

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
help a brother out....

Hediot!!!, jez resign and recommend me to ur boss

3 Likes

Re: I Hate My Job by debbie(f): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Are your colleagues more of women? Dont get involved in their talk and build your self respect too.
What is your working environment like? when you are less busy,try to engage your mind on your personal stuff.

I have been through it.What i do daily is to ensure i relate with them only on the NEED-TO,better still i condition my mind to the fact that closing time is the best moment i look forward to grin
Truth be told,you can not work in a place and dont have people with various characters which you wont like.....that is what helps to build your relationship with people for future purposes.If you have all your colleagues as friends and you all relate well,then there is something wrong.It is either you are not being real or someone is playing safe...only time will tell.
So my brother,you have to learn how to manage people and work with them regardless of their behaviors.
Finally in as much as we dont like some people,others too may have some reservations for us as well.
ENJOY YOUR JOB WHILE YOU ARE THERE.
help a brother out....

5 Likes

Re: I Hate My Job by paul288yahoo(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
hmmm a great man once said many people do what they are paid to do rather than what they are born to do............

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by crudedude(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
topelouis:

This is actually harsh and uncalled for my brother.

@OP These things happen. Try not to let it affect your work. For a guy like me I'd look for other things to do to preoccupy my mind and relate only when necessary. Then mind my business.

Trust me mehn your case is better than guys without jobs. Except the pay/experience-gained is not worth the hassle.

Debbie I greet o

3 Likes

Re: I Hate My Job by Arsenate(m): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
@debbie, yeah, my colleagues are predominantly females. I try as much as I can to keep to myself and not get involved in their gists but even that is misconstrued as arrogance.
thanks for your response. I'll try my best to enjoy my job.
thanks to y'all
Re: I Hate My Job by okoisubra(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
join us @ winthrills.com/?ref=luokoi and make a living out of it
Re: I Hate My Job by paranorman(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Arsenate: @debbie, yeah, my colleagues are predominantly females. I try as much as I can to keep to myself and not get involved in their gists but even that is misconstrued as arrogance.
thanks for your response. I'll try my best to enjoy my job.
thanks to y'all

i guess this just prove we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Different strokes for different folks.
Follow Deb's advy. But first, to enjoy ur job, you gotta enjoy urself. Get this conception of having crazy colleges. Instead, try to see any iota of positivity in 'em so matter ow pesky you thaink they are. And you gotta stop worryin about what this people think about you, as long as you are goodt to er'body, need care less'bout all dem annoyin talks..
My friend, you'r a man. Least thing you should care about is the worrry some folks give you. You got male folks dont ya, r personal persons? Guy, lock up.
Re: I Hate My Job by Arsenate(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
paranorman:

i guess this just prove we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Different strokes for different folks.
Follow Deb's advy. But first, to enjoy ur job, you gotta enjoy urself. Get this conception of having crazy colleges. Instead, try to see any iota of positivity in 'em so matter ow pesky you thaink they are. And you gotta stop worryin about what this people think about you, as long as you are goodt to er'body, need care less'bout all dem annoyin talks..
My friend, you'r a man. Least thing you should care about is the worrry some folks give you. You got male folks dont ya, r personal persons? Guy, lock up.
wow. thanks man. really grateful
Re: I Hate My Job by spicykev(f): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
u r not alone øh. my colleagues are straight from hell too, just a few are nice, there times i tot of quitting for nothing, but getting a job in naija is møre fraustrating than what u r feeling now, but seriously i cant wait for the day ill leave without saying goodbye
Re: I Hate My Job by dytbabe: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
BigBizzy:
topelouis:

cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

Omo mehn
Naija I hail oo

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
help a brother out....
I've been there. I would go to my room and cry and cry and cry.

Just keep a stiff upper lip until you get another job. Ko si ise ni'gboro

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by infonirt: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
i think wat u need is a job that you can do on your own,do well to check this website:www.dgotraining.Net.Tf,it offers a training dat will help u earn cash on a full time or part time basis,bro,dis is real,dis opportunity is opened to the first 20 nigerians,give it a try and u will av no regrets,u could call dis no. To speak to their helpcare center:08026368206
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
infonirt: i think wat u need is a job that you can do on your own,do well to check this website:www.dgotraining.Net.Tf,it offers a training dat will help u earn cash on a full time or part time basis,bro,dis is real,dis opportunity is opened to the first 20 nigerians,give it a try and u will av no regrets,u could call dis no. To speak to their helpcare center:08026368206

So you mean to say someone should just quit his job and come join your unverified, untested money making scheme.
Just like that...He needs a job to do on his own. Wow!!!
You made sense. But...
Something is wrong.

The first two or three posters after your comment are definitely inexperienced or pessimist.
Abusing the OP when you are not in his shoes. Doesn't make sense.
Someone quitting his or her job is not the end of his or her life people. It's not.

In fact OP, I didn't go to work today because of some of your experience... Mine is slightly different too but I feel your pain.
Hang in there.
Be a tough nut to crack.
If you can't handle this then how will you handle over 5000 people when you become an executive.
It's part of experience. See it that way.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by infonirt: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
NairaMode:

So you mean to say someone should just quit his job and come join your unverified, untested money making scheme.
Just like that...He needs a job to do on his own. Wow!!!
You made sense. But...
Something is wrong.

how isn't your own statement unverified? Pls verify before saying anything. Did u even visit the site? And if u aren't interested, y couldn't u just ignore? Nigerians!!!
Re: I Hate My Job by Arsenate(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ishilove:
I've been there. I would go to my room and cry and cry and cry.

Just keep a stiff upper lip until you get another job. Ko si ise ni'gboro
thanks Ishilove. even though I don't understand yoruba , Lol.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by ednut1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
most pple hate der jobs. deal wit it.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
infonirt:

how isn't your own statement unverified? Pls verify before saying anything. Did u even visit the site? And if u aren't interested, y couldn't u just ignore? Nigerians!!!

Apologies if you feel attacked.
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
ednut1: most pple hate der jobs. deal wit it.

most??

topelouis:

Immaturity.
Re: I Hate My Job by Ubiero(f): 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ op, you dn't knw d half of it.
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
BigBizzy:

grin grin
Re: I Hate My Job by 100Cents: 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Are you business minded ?

Can you make it outside the corporate walls ?

Then do like me..
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
ednut1: most pple hate der jobs. deal wit it.
Like me....three girl friend's gone on the expense of living in Ikeja while working in for VI ...gat to join traffic by 6:15 am and retire home at 8:30pm....all because of some silly traffic ....wetin man go do...so far the pay is good...I gat no choice. But m worried on how I will keep a relationship with such a schedule. Really, its kinda frustrating... But this youth time...gat to build some resilience
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ubiero: @ op, you dn't knw d half of it. It was terrible today. I tink my boss considers personal life a taboo.

So my phone rang, yes, it had not been turned to silent becos less than 15 mins, you had just used the phone to speak with a customer.

And does dat stop me frm having friends who call to knw hw I'm doing? Or stop me frm making plans wit a friend for independence celebration??

Like seriously...

And den, d tin, who claims to be a boss keeps talking down on his children cos I was deaf to all his ranting.

Anyways, to cut d long story short. I was walked out of d meeting. Got to my seat, saw a query in my box wit a copy to his own supervisor.

Screw dem useless bosses.

Puhleezeeee, I've had beta, richer bosses who neva imposed their will on us but were more temperate in their dealings with us.
Abi jare...but we gat to move on...we gat to develop a tough skin for a tough season... The worst was when my boss was comparing me with her daughter who is in the UK and was like 'she's your mate o...she's now an executive'... Well I developed a tough skin ...never let that statement deterred me...and now, his daughter and I are good friends...lesson learnt: if the world throws a lemon at you, make a lemonade out of it...
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 30, 2014
The easiest way to die early is hating on ones job..

Why not quit it now you have got chance,or view the positive aspect of it..

Hating on ones job won't bring out the best in you.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Job by Arsenate(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2014
@Samankinr, you are right. I've decided to develop a tough thick skin
@Yomieluv, I'll only quit my present job if I find another. I'm working on that.
thanks everyone. off to work.
Re: I Hate My Job by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Ubiero: @ op, you dn't knw d half of it. It was terrible today. I tink my boss considers personal life a taboo.

So my phone rang, yes, it had not been turned to silent becos less than 15 mins, you had just used the phone to speak with a customer.

And does dat stop me frm having friends who call to knw hw I'm doing? Or stop me frm making plans wit a friend for independence celebration??

Like seriously...

And den, d tin, who claims to be a boss keeps talking down on his children cos I was deaf to all his ranting.

Anyways, to cut d long story short. I was walked out of d meeting. Got to my seat, saw a query in my box wit a copy to his own supervisor.

Screw dem useless bosses.

Puhleezeeee, I've had beta, richer bosses who neva imposed their will on us but were more temperate in their dealings with us.

Lol. Hilarious. Make your boss catch you. He might be a member of this forum.
Re: I Hate My Job by yuzedo: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
debbie: If you have all your colleagues as friends and you all relate well,then there is something wrong.It is either you are not being real or someone is playing safe...
FALSE.

Good Interpersonal Relations is actually a sought-after quality in Professionals, and I didn't develop and put it on my CV because it looks fancy there. Confidence comes from years of experience/learning how to deal individually with people and their unique personalities (keeping a decorous character constant, of course).

I'm cool with my boss. I'm cool with my colleagues. I'm cool with everyone in the professional space, including "non-essential" staff.

RESPECT (for self and others) IS THE ULTIMATE CURRENCY.

........ Maybe I'm just lucky blessed to be on a great team. IDK.

- Chief Sweetus is an Executive Putter-Togetherer at an International Firm of Money-Making-Mavericks, an avid pennist, and a highly-rated part-time footballer. He is available 5-days a week to deliver value to your firm, and 2-days a week to satisfy light-skin, big-boobsie babes in a deadly match of "sezual calisthenics". wink

(Dark-skin lasses may apply if they can supply the last four numbers in pi) angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Job by LordMecuzy(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
yuzedo:
FALSE.

Good Interpersonal Relations is actually a sought-after quality in Professionals, and I didn't develop and put it on my CV because it looks fancy there. Confidence comes from years of experience/learning how to deal individually with people and their unique personalities (keeping a decorous character constant, of course).

I'm cool with my boss. I'm cool with my colleagues. I'm cool with everyone in the professional space, including "non-essential" staff.

RESPECT (for self and others) IS THE ULTIMATE CURRENCY.

........ Maybe I'm just lucky blessed to be on a great team. IDK.

- Chief Sweetus is an Executive Putter-Togetherer at an International Firm of Money-Making-Mavericks, an avid pennist, and a highly-rated part-time footballer. He is available 5-days a week to deliver value to your firm, and 2-days a week to satisfy light-skin, big-boobsie babes in a deadly match of "sezual calisthenics". wink

(Dark-skin lasses may apply if they can supply the last four numbers in pi) angry

Hahahahahah Dis guy no go Kill ma
Re: I Hate My Job by Hussyk: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
debbie: Are your colleagues more of women? Dont get involved in their talk and build your self respect too.
What is your working environment like? when you are less busy,try to engage your mind on your personal stuff.

I have been through it.What i do daily is to ensure i relate with them only on the NEED-TO,better still i condition my mind to the fact that closing time is the best moment i look forward to grin
Truth be told,you can not work in a place and dont have people with various characters which you wont like.....that is what helps to build your relationship with people for future purposes.If you have all your colleagues as friends and you all relate well,then there is something wrong.It is either you are not being real or someone is playing safe...only time will tell.
So my brother,you have to learn how to manage people and work with them regardless of their behaviors.
Finally in as much as we dont like some people,others too may have some reservations for us as well.
ENJOY YOUR JOB WHILE YOU ARE THERE.

babe you be better pason
Re: I Hate My Job by Aitee1: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nairalanders sha can help fastforward someones's death

Jus imagine the comments them shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

KPMG Business Awareness Test: I Need Help / Graduate Opening At Sponge / Pensioner Needs Experienced Live-in Gateman Needed. Immediate Start. 22k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.