Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Google Teases The Public On Android L - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Teases The Public On Android L (1504 Views)

6 Important Details You Shouldn’t Make Public On Facebook / Is Android L For Lockdown?(End of Rooting) / [DOWNLOAD] Android L Stock Apps For 4.0+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Teases The Public On Android L by badbros(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
The public release of Android L is nearly here – at least, we sure think it is – but when it comes to a name for this new version of the OS, all we have is that “L.” Ever since the arrival of Android KitKat we’ve been wondering what name the L-release would take, but confirmation’s been elusive. Long-standing rumors of Lemon Meringue Pie have recently been joined by new contenders, like Android Lion, and over the weekend some possible evidence has arrive in favor of another pair of L-names, Android Lollipop, or maybe Layer Cake.

Both theories come to us courtesy of Google’s sixteenth birthday celebration, for which it posted the animated GIF containing the frames you see below. So what makes this look like an Android L teaser, and not some innocuous, wholly unrelated birthday thing?
Taking note of the image, you'll ask, who puts lollipops on a cake? OK, some weirdos, sure, but they’re out of place enough to raise an eyebrow, and that’s enough to have us paying attention to this theory.

The “Layer Cake” bit is a little looser, and we’re only really acknowledging it because those lollipops have us keyed-in to looking for more L foods. But really, Android Lollipop has a nice ring to it, and is certainly a much more accessible moniker than Lemon Meringue Pie. With a little luck, we’ll have confirmation in just a couple weeks.

Source: Google

Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by flawless911(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Spreads mat.. Jst incase dis hits fp
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by HOMOTOYOSI10: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
hfybg
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
See space bookin ooo. Nairalanders sha...
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by samnificent(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
How does that tease me??

1 Like

Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by solomonbrown64: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
ok
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by PapaNnamdi: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
i wanted to buy gionee m2 dis week, bet as e be so, lets wait for a new android os, phone sellers though,
i sorry for them shagrin
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by EventHUB(f): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
. grin.
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by pat077: 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
enough suspense - let's know what's up.
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by 100Cents: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okay
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by iamsegsy(m): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
HOMOTOYOSI10: hfybg
which style b this again
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by maxibrainz: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by Psalmpy(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
maxibrainz: if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Naija weytin concern glo bis wit dis topic na

1 Like

Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by esmarcq(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
okay...n. waiting
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by deeobserver209(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2014
I was among those who thought Google may name the next version of their operating system, Android Lollipop. But after carefully examining the name 'Lollipop', I realized it may not be on the counter because the name have been bastadised and sexualised by the music industry.
I see Google rooting for 'Lemon' for their next Android L version.
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by omoadeleye(m): 8:03am On Sep 30, 2014
am also on the que like person wey wan buy iphone 6.
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by computerboy: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2014
HOMOTOYOSI10: hfybg
iamsegsy: which style b this again

grin grin grin
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by HOMOTOYOSI10: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2014
computerboy:

grin grin grin
Na Japanese style nah Abi u no get?
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2014
Fp.. Probably
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
I lyk Android Lollipop it has a nice ring to it.She.....She lick me lyk a Lollipop.
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by benkings(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
This android L. Os is a good example of Same shit different name!
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by bobo65(m): 4:25am On Oct 01, 2014
lollipop will fit in best
since all Google know is dessert and junk
Re: Google Teases The Public On Android L by undisputed25(m): 5:50am On Oct 01, 2014
must I comment

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Has Stopped Betatalk Sims From Using Share N Sell / Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. / How To Get Airtel 4GB Data For N1500 With Free N2,600 – Works On All Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.