Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! (16090 Views)

Obasanjo, Tinubu Not Yoruba Leaders – Afenifere / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Dr. Sola Saraki Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 11, 2010
Thread was made 4 years ago, who gives a sh!!!t anymore
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by mubaraqqq(f): 12:49am On Jan 11, 2010
scribe:

This thread and the responses shows how we Nigerians can spend so much energy fighting over trival things while the main issues are left unattended to.
I can imagine what it will be like if the originator of this thread and those that responded are elected into the house of assembly.
The whole tenure of their reign will be spent arguing on which tribe is responsible for the problem of Nigeria instead of passing bills that will improve the well-being of the citizens.
It is a shame that intellectuals can still be found living in the dark ages where a mans ethnicity is what counts, not what he can deliver. I weep for Nigeria cry

Thank you couldn't have said better. Nigeria, the argument should not be his ethnicity, rather his record, what has he done? what has he accomplished? Tufiawka Nigeria, we will never progress, we are always mired in religion, tribalism, triviality, while people are stealing billions of our money.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by bignaija(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
he is ,
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by yemmight(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
Lots of people are here and do not even no the reality in Kwara. Saraki's will never claim to be Yoruba. Thier intrest is the north and that is why you see Olusola heading Arewa Forum and Bukola heading Northern Governors forum. In terms of Obaship, he has made some other obas that are not Yoruba first class rulers, recent one was last weekend.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by EzeUche22(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
Very interesting!

A majority Yoruba state is ruled be a Hausa-Fulani man even though Yoruba make up 80% of the population.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Very interesting!

A majority Yoruba state is ruled be a Hausa-Fulani man even though Yoruba make up 80% of the population.

You slowpoke, Sharaki was elected by the people of Kwara on their own volition. He is not the supreme ruler of Kwara or Yoruba. He is just a governor!!!

Isn't this what should be the goal of every patriotic Nigerian? A country where every Nigerian can make their home wherever they find themselves

And finally, for your information, the Sarakis are mixed Yorubas and Fulanis

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Abagworo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
Aigbofa:

And finally, for your information, the Sarakis are mixed Yorubas and Fulanis 

Then you should stop meddling in Igbo affairs.bonny is ijaw but speaks one of the most centralised form of igbo.it is not too different from the kwara situation.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
Abagworo:

Then you should stop meddling in Igbo affairs.bonny is ijaw but speaks one of the most centralised form of igbo.it is not too different from the kwara situation.

lol no its different-  its Ilorin 1 city in not Kwara state- that any talk of fulani takes place.

I mean that like is Jonathan pure igbo or pure ijaw? and do people see him as pure ijaw or pure igbo?
After all there are ALOT of edos who are mixed with yoruba- and are seen a yoruba by yorubas, and edo by edos.

Saraki like few people in Ilorin are mixed with fulani but profess it to get ahead in the north and its working northerners are talking about making Saraki president in 2011- WHICH IS FINE WITH ME.

So its not a Kwara situation its Ilorin situation.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by komando: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2010
Very interesting! A majority Yoruba state is ruled be a Hausa-Fulani man even though Yoruba make up 80% of the population.
LOL
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by komando: 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2010
Idiagbon was Fulani.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Very interesting! A majority Yoruba state is ruled be a Hausa-Fulani man even though Yoruba make up 80% of the population.
LOL

yea - now how do you feel about the north making Gov. Bokola Saraki president in 2011 or 2015? Since you say hes a fulani
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
Since Bukola is a fulani why not vote for him along with a vp from the SE.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by komando: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
Do we have Igbo-Fulani the way we have Hausa- Fulani and Yoruba-Fulani?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Do we have Igbo-Fulani the way we have Hausa- Fulani and Yoruba-Fulani?

lol you said hes a fulani right? so why not vote for him in 2011 hes not a yoruba-fulani His great great grandfather is fulani- so hes fulani just mixed with yoruba BUT hes a fulani.

sjeezy8:

Gov Saraki should complete 8 years of North’s presidency, says Danmusa

Former presidential aspirant during the aborted Babangida transition programme and pioneer member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Ibrahim Danmusa  in this interview, opens up on why the former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida  stepped aside  from government and why the Kwara state Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, must replace ailing President Umaru Musa Ya'Adua in 2011 in order for the North to complete its eight- year presidency, among other issues.  He spoke to our Correspondent, Olanrewaju Lawal, in Ilorin.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
If Jonathan runs for president and win good but if Saraki runs for president GOOD ASWELL.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol you said hes a fulani right? so why not vote for him in 2011 hes not a yoruba-fulani His great great grandfather is fulani- so hes fulani just mixed with yoruba BUT hes a fulani.

Although he's a fulani, as long as he is kwara(a watered down northern state) the north is not going to support him.They dont trust his yoruba name so it aint happenin. cool
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
chyz:

Although he's a fulani, as long as he is kwara(a watered down northern state) the north is not going to support him.They dont trust his yoruba name so it aint happenin. cool

thats what you think Ive showed you evidence that northerners are prepared to field any candidate from the North just to win.

and hes fulani not yoruba lol
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

thats what you think Ive showed you evidence that northerners are prepared to field any candidate from the North just to win.

and hes fulani not yoruba lol

Sorry, theyve never considered kwara a real northern state, just a territory conquered by the fulani. You and I both know they are not going to go for some dude carrying a yoruba name and on top of that vote for someone from the SW. Unrealistic. The SE is definitely not going to vote for another yoruba especially if an igbo is running and also both president and vice are "yoruba".mba nu cool
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
chyz:

Sorry, theyve never considered kwara a real northern state, just a territory conquered by the fulani. You and I both know they are not going to go for some dude carrying a yoruba name and on top of that vote for someone from the SW. Unrealistic. The SE is definitely not going to vote for another yoruba especially if an igbo is running and also both president and vice are "yoruba".mba nu cool

Then you lose out- Im telling you Now Bukola Saraki has a good chance at being president of Nigeria.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
Yeah president of your imagination
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
[img]http://2.bp..com/_GrDAQ4MFcs4/S81ycc0NZ2I/AAAAAAAABk8/GaBclGl0JFc/s1600/ibb.jpg[/img]

How can a man that hate yorubas, where their attire. He's not your enemy!

Good pic by the way  grin
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
lol you should know that babangidas middle name is yoruba name aswell badamosi.
http://www.facebook.com/family/Badamosi/1

He doesnt hate yorubas and I have uncles that are friends with him, and are in support of him running. I am too but I think its better for a chance that ijaws get a shot at the presidency.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol you should know that babangidas middle name is yoruba name aswell badamosi.
http://www.facebook.com/family/Badamosi/1

He doesnt hate yorubas and I have uncles that are friends with him, and are in support of him running. I am too but I think its better for a chance that ijaws get a shot at the presidency.

why do u feel its better for an ijaw to get a shot?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
chyz:

why do u feel its better for an ijaw to get a shot?

because Fashola is not running for president or Vice-
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

because Fashola is not running for president or Vice-

Become a politician and not a tribalist,then we can talk. tribalism is the major thing why the yorubas have been held back.their own tribalism towards people who are not yoruba. until yall understand that thats wen you people with stop being second class.Because of what ur passed leaders have down along with the northerners, nigeria will split as projected by the U.S. enjoy it as we speak now because wat we share as fellow nigerians today will soon be over and you wont have igbos to blame it on but yourselves.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
chyz:

Become a politician and not a tribalist,then we can talk. tribalism is the major thing why the yorubas have been held back.their own tribalism towards people who are not yoruba. until yall understand that thats wen you people with stop being second class.Because of what your passed leaders have down along with the northerners, nigeria will split as projected by the U.S. enjoy it as we speak now because wat we share as fellow nigerians today will soon be over and you wont have igbos to blame it on but yourselves.

what tribalism are you talking about I said I would vote for Fashola because hes a good gov - that I know
I think yorubas are doing fine in Nigeria- I dont know what youre talking about.

Your own tribalism is holding you back - was it not Awo that had an igbo VP- WHEN EVERYONE TOLD HIM TO CHOOSE HAUSA INSTEAD. Take your own advice because you are the only ones talking about Nigeria breaking up because so and so wont vote for an igbo president, Is is my fault?

You are the one talking about voting for IBB because IBB is going to run with an igbo as vice president-

Yorubas are fine Nigeria- you on the other are the ones talking about civil war everyday because Northerners wont vote for an igbo.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by chyz(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

what tribalism are you talking about I said I would vote for Fashola because hes a good gov - that I know
I think yorubas are doing fine in Nigeria- I dont know what youre talking about.

Your own tribalism is holding you back - was it not Awo that had an igbo VP- WHEN EVERYONE TOLD HIM TO CHOOSE HAUSA INSTEAD. Take your own advice because you are the only ones talking about Nigeria breaking up because so and so wont vote for an igbo president, Is is my fault?

You are the one talking about voting for IBB because IBB is going to run with an igbo as vice president-

Yorubas are fine Nigeria- you on the other are the ones talking about civil war everyday because Northerners wont vote for an igbo.

U dare associate Awolowo with the Igbo?! The same guy who called for the starvation of innocent Igbos, the same guy who called for all igbo account holders money to be taken away from them and given only 50 kobo, the same guy who was caught trying to screw both Zik and Ahmadu Bello at the same time. Are you serious?? So you count a man's cheap and selfish way to win the igbos over as not being untribalistic?? He was more than a fool and you and I both know it.

Yorubas are not fine or there wouldnt be any OPC. Look up the history of why OPC was started. If yorubas were fine there would be no call for oduduwa republic. If yorubas were fine, even after awolowo stole Igbo money, the SW indigenous population would have more wealth per cap. that the SE but that's not the case. Igboland went through war, starvation, and discrimination of the government more than any other part (which includes your SW) but we still have the highest wealth,score the highest on exams,etc. and you say that Yorubas are fine in Nigeria, are u serious?

A minority fulani group is control an 80% yoruba majority state, they are even calling for fairness in that state because of fulani bias against them. Read up on what the governor had done to OPC members when they tried to fight for the yoruba there. The yoruba are not even allowed to be emir of Kwara where they are the majority. Kwara is a majority yoruba state but they are even allow to crown an "Oba of Kwara". What kind of people iwho are a state majority will allow a minority to rule them?? But you claim the yoruba are fine in nigeria? Look what happening to the yorubas in kogi state, although they say they are not yoruba ( The olukons), the new proposed refinery that was set for the area is being taken away and being put in Idomaland.Why? Yet you say that the yorubas are fine. Funny.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 24, 2010
chyz:

U dare associate Awolowo with the Igbo?! The same guy who called for the starvation of innocent Igbos, the same guy who called for all igbo account holders money to be taken away from them and given only 50 kobo, the same guy who was caught trying to screw both Zik and Ahmadu Bello at the same time. Are you serious?? So you count a man's cheap and selfish way to win the igbos over as not being untribalistic?? He was more than a fool and you and I both know it.

Yorubas are not fine or there wouldnt be any OPC. Look up the history of why OPC was started. If yorubas were fine there would be no call for oduduwa republic. If yorubas were fine, even after awolowo stole Igbo money, the SW indigenous population would have more wealth per cap. that the SE but that's not the case. Igboland went through war, starvation, and discrimination of the government more than any other part (which includes your SW) but we still have the highest wealth,score the highest on exams,etc. and you say that Yorubas are fine in Nigeria, are u serious?

A minority fulani group is control an 80% yoruba majority state, they are even calling for fairness in that state because of fulani bias against them. Read up on what the governor had done to OPC members when they tried to fight for the yoruba there. The yoruba are not even allowed to be emir of Kwara where they are the majority. Kwara is a majority yoruba state but they are even allow to crown an "Oba of Kwara". What kind of people iwho are a state majority will allow a minority to rule them?? But you claim the yoruba are fine in nigeria? Look what happening to the yorubas in kogi state, although they say they are not yoruba ( The olukons), the new proposed refinery that was set for the area is being taken away and being put in Idomaland.Why? Yet you say that the yorubas are fine. Funny.

U dare associate Awolowo with bla, bla, bla. The same Awolowo who didn't supply Biafra soldiers with fufu and amala, with chilled Heineken to wash it down, bla, bla. The same Awolowo who made Biafra ate all the pets in iboland, bla, bla, bla. The same Awolowo who hijacked jollof rice from France. Bla, bla, bla, bla and bla!
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2010
chyz:

lol see the tribalistic jargons you wrote- I said I think yorubas are doing fine in Nigeria- Who is it up to determine how yorubas are doing in Nigeria? an igbo man or yoruba- You cant tell me how I feel in Nigeria. I dont even look outside the West- so weting concern me how the East is doing? even if every igbo is a millionaire, what has that go to do with me. lol

Turst me there nothing about igbo that ANY yoruba envies.

lol I feel fine- and So An emir in ilorin is fulani mixed with yoruba- married to a yoruba wife, has a yoruba mother, yoruba grand mother, yoruba great grandmother, Everyone in his family is yoruba has yoruba names and children are all married to yoruba and have yoruba names, all the people in ilorin call him "kabiyesi", he also speaks NOTHING but yoruba and has been yorubanised for over 150 hundred years.

Sarakis- fulani with yoruba mothers- yoruba names speak nothing but yoruba, marry nothing but yorubas-

and theres no such thing as oba of kwara- They have lots of obas in Kwara- its only an Emir of ilorin- Obviously yoruba people in Ilorin city have no problem with it- cause they see him more as a yoruba, so wetin conern me? its not my city

My Forefathers are not yoruba- Im not even yoruba really- Thats just what I claim.
They say Oba of Lagos forefathers came from BINI 450 yrs Ago - Oba Rilwan Akiolu LOL will you go an tell the Oba of Lagos hes an edo

If they are soo fulani Lets vote for him to become president for 8 Years with a SE vice president? You talk about how fulani they are VOTE FOR BUKOLA SARAKI TO BE PRESIDENT.

if fashola or mimiko doesnt become president- BUKOLA SARAKI will- I GUARANTEE THAT BUKOLA SARAKI HAS ABETTER CHANCE AT BECOMING PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA THAT ANY OTHER PERSON ESP ANY PERSON FROM THE SOUTH.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2010
are the Fulanis not Nigerians?

who gives a flying sword of damocle if saraki is from Haiti?

by the way, how can someone who bears Saraki and olubukola be Fulani?

so Fulanis don dey bear adenuga sef?

nonsense
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Harzan(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
tkb417:

are the Fulanis not Nigerians?

who gives a flying sword of damocle if saraki is from Haiti?

by the way, how can someone who bears Saraki and olubukola be Fulani?

so Fulanis don dey bear adenuga sef?

nonsense

U've z it all.
NONSENSE()X2)
Shiorrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by jahrule: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2010
komando:

Idiagbon was Fulani.
Who told you that? Idiangbon was not a fulani and lawal also. saraki family also has yoruba background they only turn to fulani for political reason. don`t fooled. sarakis are Pure yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al-mustapha Statement On Abacha"s Death In His Prison Notes / ‘How Angels Shielded Me From SARS’ — Dino Melaye / Sanwo-Olu Delivers 480-Home Ibeshe LAGOSHOMS Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.