Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

What Made You Decide To Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (23040 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Hidden Traits You Must Look Out For Before You Decide To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by DesChyko: 6:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Well, I just kept in mind how easy it was for ladies to lose their heads and decency these days. And also, how the traditional African Woman qualities are dwindling in our today women.
So, at the primed age in the primed scenario, when I saw the beauty that managed to have 'well honed' African Woman qualities, I snapped her up.
Although some ladies become maternal after marriage, but for her, it'll only get better with time.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Zocken: 6:53am On Sep 30, 2014
I got married for these reasons:
1. I was tired of being a bachelor and it's associated lifestyles such as having to deal with multiple babes, living a fast life and all
2. I met a wonderful babe in my fiancee (now my wife and mother of my kids), whom I was convinced was (and is still) the right woman for me
3. I felt it was right to get married, having been a working class bachelor for over 6 years.
Even though I'm not an expert on marital issues, but I honestly believe that no one should give in to any form of pressure to enter into marriage. Marriage is best when you personally make up your mind to go into it. As an advice to folks planning to get married, keep an open mind. Yes it's good to have a vision of whom you would like to marry, but please, don't be too pre -occupied by expectations and that vision.
Most importantly, marry someone what you feel for him/her rather than his/her looks or riches. That doesn't mean you should marry a poor or ugly being. What I know is, when you meet the right one for you, something would spur you to consider marriage.
And for those who believe in prayers, pray well before you tie the knots. That doesn't mean your prayers would wipe away the enormous nerve - wrecking marital challenges, but when you marry for feelings and not riches or looks, you would surely overcome the challenges and forge on.

As for guys, if you are not the patient type, please try and be before you get married, else, you will be frustrated. You would certainly need to often times subsume your manly status and wear the garment of patience if you want peace. If there's something marriage has thought me, it's patience.

Abeg, i'm not an authority on marital issues and you can't just give the right advice because circumstances differ, just love, pray and have the will before you get married. And after getting married, always be patient and considerate. Shikena!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Chinaimporter: 7:05am On Sep 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Pls why have mairaland stopped people from commenting on oritsejefor bashing post. Not that i care much but i didnt know that agents of the pastor that uses church jet for kabu kabu have infiltrated nairaland that is suppose to be a bastadion of free sensible speech
https://www.nairaland.com/1926241/9.3m-scandal-oritsejafor-violated-company
[/size]
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by KwoiZabo(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2014
because i cannot tell my kids i married at 30+ . 30+ is for underachievers grin
because i found a lady that possess more than the all other what i want in a wife. should i wait further?
because when u grow older and becomes more responsible then that void will become more obvious (it is not gd for a man to b alone)
etc
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by micolaj: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm stil singu...I wil get mari 4 onli 1 reasn, dat's protection. Woman protects man... I nid a wuman dat wil protect me for d rest of my life (apart frm my moda)

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by duni04(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Title of the thread should be changed to : What made you decide to enter one chance grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Love....after three years of friendship...he asked me to marry him...and I was like 'why not?

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 30, 2014
For someone to do my laundry for me.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by udswagz: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2014
Reading the post, i bet some ideas came into your head,
well if it is one that has to do with tech, i may be of help
I can help you build your idea, create a strong online presence
for your brand.
With my web development and Android app development skills
i can help you build a beautiful website or intuitive mobile app
which aligns with the coporate vision of your organisation.
In case that idea is still in your head
visit: www.udonline.net

I will expecting your email smiley

Some sites i have completed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.chypesfrontline.com
www.botosoftechnologies.com
www.kasemart.com [e-commerce]

The most recent Android app i just published on Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmasnig.udcreate
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jibga(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2014
I think married is very important in the sociaty the reason I'm saying this is that there is some conditions that you may go thru in life it is only your children that can take good care of you, becouse I will not advice you to have a child without married
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by menesheh(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Exjoker: Everyone knows that getting married is a
major life decision. Yet people have different
ways of knowing when the time is right to get
married and who to marry. How did you
decide to get married? What do you wish you
had known prior to getting married? What can
you share with folks considering getting
married?
Marriage for me is till 2030

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Miramee(f): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.
wow...she's lucky then

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jerryjere(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

With the above comment, without any doubt, it shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.
yes you are right if you are not ready with these qualities please back off to avoid had I know

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jerryjere(m): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2014
koxi: Cos I got home from work one day very hungry and tired. But still managed to drive out to look for somtin to eat. Of cos, Wat I got as food was a complete apology in a supposed fast food restaurant. I ended up quarrelling wit pretty girl who attended to me......as if it was her fault. Den it dawned on me dat if I had a wife in the 1st place, all dat nonsense would've been avoided
den go and get one they are many outside it will save you from all these stress and embarrassment.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by TONYE001(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Below are my reasons:

1. I was convinced that my wife is the one God has approved for me,

2. I have the capability - psychological, emotional, finance, spiritual, etc..,

3. We love and understand ourselves,

4. We were convinced that it was our appointed time.

My regrets? Yea, there is one!

I delayed. I wasn't sure the time was ripe.. I felt I needed to wait some more..lolz..

I thank God that I'm married now.. We are happy in our marriage.. smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by crowntoro(f): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Yomieluv: For someone to do my laundry for me.
na wa o undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by mekk(m): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2014
loneliness and the fact I was tired of sleeping around with some bimbos... I needed to get a life!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2014
Pedagogue:

The above comments are, with respect,visceral.

The first poster herein above did not mk a single comment dt is related to this thread...He has only moaned emptily abt his misconceived perception abt NL. Well, i'm not surprised...I see Nigerians lik u everyday. If u dnt lik the thread, why can't u open a thread that represents ur interests?
Anyways, u also hav a right to delete ur NL account n leave NL forever!

D second poster recommended Linda Ikeji's blog! To b honest, u av a right to recommend whatever to anyone! But quite frankly, d subtle way many ppl av bin advertising dt blog on NL makes me wonder whether it's d same blog i knw...'kim k Did this' 'Beyonce did dt"
are all u ever get to read there! Well, whatever rocks ur boat tho....
I was being sarcastic. I don't visit the blog! I just recommended it to him since it is funnily the trending topic on the forum.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by mrmax1(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm still single though in a seriously relation, and now am tinkin of settling down next year, reasons being that, two[b] days ago I got home and felt so lonely, I needed some one to talk to about my day and what went on in the office, I needed someone to make me laugh then, felt so down and as such couldn't prepare sometin to eat. I then knew it was time to settle down, for me, loneliness and carrying my own child is a reason to settle down. And honestly, sex is part of it since I can't be sleeping around[/b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Exjoker(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2014
Lincolnburrows: The op is definitely a mod. Times have gone when I really find nairaland front page interesting and informative. Times have gone when I recommend this site to my friends. Times have gone when I wake up in the middle of the night just to read nairaland comments. Things have really fallen apart on this once revered forum......, still weeping in pej's voice.
What is not informative about this thread? Did you read through the coments at all bro? What kinder news do you wish to find on the front page; politics, technology, celebrities news or...? This thread is created to seek advice from those with marriage experience, and to educate those who want to get marry

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by moriton(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.

As in REARING OF CHILDREN. ..Shey na cows them don turn to.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Tdrumz(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz: shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids.

Argh! Baba na goat person go born wen e go rear am?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ELGREF(m): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2014
because I need steady sex and children's
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Lucasbalo: I married my best friend. We met in college when I was a sophomore in a business school and she was a freshy in a nursing school. We married when I finished my MBA and making a good living and it's been a blast for about 20 years. The best thing that ever happened to me in the sense that I became responsible at the age of 23.
good for you, i hope your marriage continues to flourish.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 30, 2014
condralbede: Not when you married nagging wife.I pray God gives us all a good wives .Cos walahi wen u marry bad wife,see u see grave.
it also takes a good husband to make a good marriage, you have to be good enough for the "good wife" you want

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by SisterCaro(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2014
I was carrying belle and it needed a father. God said go into world and multiply.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by condralbede(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2014
Mondisweets: it also takes a good husband to make a good marriage, you have to be good enough for the "good wife" you want
I hv seen good men,well to do that married badt wife...So my dear it just prayers.its not a guaranty that every good man will definitely marry a good wife.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fairheven: 8:40am On Sep 30, 2014
Someone said this an it made a lot of sense to me..."he said he got marrired the moment he realised that he can feed himself(take care) an in addition,feed another person..so marriage is. Been responsible for yourself first,an then for another person
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by condralbede(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2014
tongue tongue tongue I want to stop thinking sex and start doing it..... And concentrate on other spiritual and physical matters... cool
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by picaso77: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

you have said it all

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by yangku: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Please, somebody should also help me too. I want to know what makes a secondary school an "International School"? am now confused.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2014
CzarChris: I'm not married yet, still a career bachelor, playing Mr. Loverboy.
Loving it? Well, undecided kinda, but there are times I just feel that loneliness, it just hits me. Might just start looking for her soon.
please Do....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Avoid My Mom? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.