Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Made You Decide To Get Married? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (23043 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Hidden Traits You Must Look Out For Before You Decide To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2014
jennylove7575: Because the society and our family said so..even though we are not happy in it, let us remain inside and die unhappily inside to please people.

And isnt that a miserable life to live? The only one life you've got, you then decide to live it miserably and start ageing faster than your peers when you have the choice to be happy? Thats just too bad.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2014
Tdrumz:

Argh! Baba na goat person go born wen e go rear am?

According to the online dictionary

Rearing - bring up and care for (a child) until they are fully grown.

2. (of a horse or other animal) raise itself upright on its hind legs.

With the aforecited, we are both right, and my use of the word 'rearing' in this context is so apt. cheesy
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2014
moriton:

As in REARING OF CHILDREN. ..Shey na cows them don turn to.

According to the online dictionary

Rearing - bring up and care for (a child) until they are fully grown.

2. (of a horse or other animal) raise itself upright on its hind legs.

With the aforecited, we are both right, and my use of the word 'rearing' in this context is so apt. cheesy
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2014
Philadelphia:

Was almost hitting 'like' but didn't since you forgot the most important thing 'SPIRITUAL READINESS'. It is what sustains the others. I teach this to people as well so I'm certain about this.

That's very correct sir. Apology for the omission. Spiritual aspect of ones life is imperative in all dimensions and facets of life, with no exception to settling down.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jennylove7575(f): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

And isnt that a miserable life to live? The only one life you've got, you then decide to live it miserably and start ageing faster than your peers when you have the choice to be happy? Thats just too bad.
abi o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2014
rawpadgin: please can u throw more like on the 'physical readiness'

Kindly refer to 'Metamorphosis'. We could say your look, body structure ,and most importantly your age, et al.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jennylove7575(f): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2014
salt1:

Jennylove, I doubt if you have ever fallen in love. You may not have felt like there's this one person you can't live without. Whose smile keeps you smiling and whose approval you value. That something went wrong (which can be remedied) does not negate the beauty of young love.
I married at 23 and more than 20 years later I am
Still very happy with my decision. I prefer being unhappy with my spouse than being alone. We didn't marry to please family or society.
Getting married is a gift we gave to ourselves
you are right. That is why cohabitation is there to avoid loneliness. I know loads of people in Nigeria who cohabit. They move in together and start having kids or decide not to...they agree not to get married. Shared responsibility. The man and woman contribute to pay the bills, rent and others........

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by goshen26: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2014
observing mood
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Missmossy(f): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2014
freeradical: Not as amusing as why you are still single hon grin grin grin
Such a silly conclusioncheesy
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by babygirlfl: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.

May God bless your home
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
benromeo39: I'm married to Jesus. Reason? Because he's my lord and savior. undecided
Gay Alert!!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
pyyxxaro: because I have always wanted to be a member of MEN FELLOWSHIP in my Church embarassed cry
Lmao!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
I'm A Reverend Father.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Dcmg(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
Well as for me,the reason i might get married would be because of having children and pleasing the society.
If she has given me 1 or 2 kids,i would find a way to divorce her or i put on an attitude that will make her want to divorce me.And i would pay her off well.
After that,i no marry again.Atleast i was married

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by cozy7(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Exjoker: Everyone knows that getting married is a
major life decision. Yet people have different
ways of knowing when the time is right to get
married and who to marry. How did you
decide to get married? What do you wish you
had known prior to getting married? What can
you share with folks considering getting
married?
I LOVE GOOD FOOD YWT I HATE EATING OUTSIDE
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
My room is getting bigger by the day, and I'm becoming very lonely. Time to make a difficult decision angry
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nicepoker(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Am happily divorced. Can I comment?
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by darlingnuel(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dcmg: Taaaaaaah.
Sha,they say "one man's food is another man's poison".
Apart from business and work,most times i always want to be alone,i'm in love with Solitude.Mehn,i don't get it when guys say they feel lonely just becos there's no woman with them.As far as i'm concerned,women are too clingy for my liking.
They always want attention all the time,they always want to talk all the time,they want you to tell them everything,always want to do everything together,they believe your life should be about them alone.No space atall;mehn i no get that kind strength for them o.
I value my time alone
I feel you big time!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
I really like this thread the way men comment,there is no female here,let put up my own for advice sha.I will be 30 by next year that is when am probably goin for NYSC.have not been working or find any means of income,my parents still give me money but brothers am tired of loneliness,right now am d only one living in 3bedroom bungalow with big palour,the question now is can I get married without any means of personal income,or can any responsible lady date me without any work or somethings doing,though I have flings that I rush to incase any serious urge,but I want a serious lady.pls advice not to scold me.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Pimples(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
I got married so that I can finish training my children on time...I do not want to have Gray hairs and still be paying school fees.
God bless my Household.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by meghie1(f): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
lol
ayukdaboss: So now that these lousy single NL folks have filled the Front Page with silly comments how will the married people who are definitely asleep with their spouses air their views on the FP? Abi wuna no fit read? "What prompted you to get married" cheesy
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by uchdollar111: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nothing cos I'm not yet married. Anyway, why
don't you check out
www.myeventsgallery.com and sign up
before the official launch party!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dcmg: Well as for me,the reason i might get married would be because of having children and pleasing the society.
If she has given me 1 or 2 kids,i would find a way to divorce her or i put on an attitude that will make her want to divorce me.And i would pay her off well.
After that,i no marry again.Atleast i was married
Nah, don't make any innocent woman go through that. A lot of women these days are comfortable being baby mamas. Look for them and make your choice.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by beeevan: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Too drunk in love to do otherwise, i would have eloped with him if anyone dared suggest we wait grin.

Marriage shouldn't be prepared for like one gauging for war, once the two are willingly to walk together, they will. Submitting to each others brilliant suggestions won't be an issue as ego doesn't get to over ride common sense. Once you see each other as one and not opponents, every other thing runs smoothly. Compatibility is very important, if you are not compatible with your spouse, it will be a rough ride.

Most importantly, marriage is never a do or die affair, so I took the plunge with the mind that if it ain't working out, i beat it, no fraction of my life can be wasted on anything that isn't progressive
undecided.

No 1 marriage killer is following protocols, the " that's how it's done " mentality. The fact that your parents did it that way doesn't make it right or profitable. People must unlearn all stereotypical ideals before they stand a chance at seeing the light.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Dcmg(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
koyyes:
Nah, don't make any innocent woman go through that. A lot of women these days are comfortable being baby mamas. Look for them and make your choice.
Haha,i just want the soceity to know i was married,atleast that would keep my heart at peace.Single with kids "NO',Married with kids but divorced sounds "Better".By the way i would pay her off better.If i'm worth 10b naira,then i can give away 1or 2b to her{only if she deserves it}i.e,she din't cheat,she was lovin,caring and respectful.She can then go ahead and marry the man of her choice that would give are all care and attention she deserves
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fpeter(f): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
1) To flee fornication
2) To procreate
3) For companionship
4) 2heads are better than 1(most cases)
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Larrey(f): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
I got married dis year cos 1st,I looked at my self and concluded that,my hubby would be a perfect partner in my life,cos I find joy and lot of happiness around him ,it was d right time 4 me, d right man 4 me,old enough,experience too. 2nd,I wish i had known more of his mood and his heart. 3rd,what I can share with people considering to getting married is, marriage isn't about u alone but all about 2 people working together for a common goal,he/she shud wait 4 dere time, u dnt marry because ur friends are getting married or because u are tired of staying in ur parents house,u shud marry because u love ur partner,compliment each others attitude and u are ready to spend d rest of ur life with him/her

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by profemoral(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
nacosprof: Am due to marry but n't too finacial balance, dis makes the one I luv got married late last year,.praying provide a better one 4me soonest

in d same boat with u, mine married months ago after 7yrs of been together.

it is well
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by profemoral(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
nacosprof: Am due to marry but n't too finacial balance, dis makes the one I luv got married late last year,.praying provide a better one 4me soonest

in d same boat with u, mine married 3months ago after 7yrs of been together.

it is well
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by theshadowknows: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
I decided to get married when I realized that it was time to wake up from fantasy land....ie. facing the realization that most of my weaknesses was here to stay,...knowing that perfection in a partner was only an illusion,... and knowing that the universe wouldn't even notice if I didn't get married.....all that with the discovery of the one person who didn't mind my weaknesses and the one person I didn't require too much from....in summary.. finding contentment.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

With the above comment, without any doubt, it shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.

The op asked why you decide to marry and not ur experience now that you are married, ofcos sexual intercourse might B D reason some virgins rushed to marriage!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
dancok: I really like this thread the way men comment,there is no female here,let put up my own for advice sha.I will be 30 by next year that is when am probably goin for NYSC.have not been working or find any means of income,my parents still give me money but brothers am tired of loneliness,right now am d only one living in 3bedroom bungalow with big palour,the question now is can I get married without any means of personal income,or can any responsible lady date me without any work or somethings doing,though I have flings that I rush to incase any serious urge,but I want a serious lady.pls advice not to scold me.

almost 30... bro you're just 10 years away from being a fool for life... keep it up and you shall achieve your goals

tongue no offense o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food / My Husband Has Shunned My Bed For Too Long, Please Separate Us - Wife Tell Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.