Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria (4297 Views)

Remi Sonaiya & Her Nephew Mock Buhari(pic) / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC / If Dickson Loses APC Will Mock Me And My Wife – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by ameheo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
South African media have been awash with
derisory comments on Nigeria following the
collapse of the Synagogue Church guest house
where many of their citizens lost their live.
Some years ago when South Africa » was in
the throes of apartheid with the harrowing
experiences they experienced, they had turned to
Nigeria for succour.
The country played the big brother role, spending
huge sums of money in the fight, bringing and
sponsoring their students and sending the
country loads of aids to see that they come out
of the woods.
Today, the same country does not only mock
and condemn Nigeria, they have continued to
ridicule and make scorn of us. Nigerians are
teated like second class citizens in their country
and they are subject of xenophobia.
Nigerians are not trusted and are seen as
criminals who have come to corrupt their
country.
Now with the current tremor caused by the
collapse of a guest house in the Synagogue
Church of All Nations, SCOAN, led by Prophet
T.B Joshua, » and the consequent death of
many of their citizens, the South African press
have taken another jibe at Nigeria.
A leading newspaper in the country, Sunday
Tribune, came up with this warning to their
people, with the legend, You don't want to die in
Nigeria, at various spots in the capital of the
country.
You don’t want to die in Nigeria. Hell,
you don’t even want to get sick in
Nigeria. You are just another number.
You will be told ‘people die all the time in
Nigeria, what makes you so special?
Is this how low we have descended in the eyes
of the world? more undiluted gist @ www.kulzone.tk

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by fiftynaira(m): 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thunder fire dem!!!

Make they park for there country nah... Who d send dem!!! Mumu pipo

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Blame our leaders from many years ago till date for putting us at the nadir of civilization.

So it's really up to us to get our shh together, then the world might pay us some respect since respect is earned.

We all mock other countries, some mock America for being nosy and overbearing, some mock Ghana for being small, some even mock South Africans, so there's nothing there really.

When we become the giant of Africa not just in words alone, then I guess other countries in the world can mock us for respectable reasons like having nuclear weapons, intervening in crisis... and not for the current bs that goes on in this country that we can all attest to as being worthy of supreme mockery.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by yuncka: 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
No matter how much U slap Ursef, d mosquitos will keep coming. No be south africans again? Dem go still dey come Naija.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by lordsilver: 12:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Lol.....

A house of god collapsed in Nigeria and South Africa have the highest number of casualties, if they were not FOOLS, why d they've to travelled all the way from S.A to Nigeria in search of god and miracle?

Does it mean that there's no RELIGIOUS HOUSE in South Africa?

We are the one that suppose to be mocking South Africa for their stupidity.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 30, 2014
UchihaMadara: Blame our leaders from many years ago till date for putting us at the nadir of civilization.

So it's really up to us to get our shh together, then the world might pay us some respect since respect is earned.

We all mock other countries, some mock America for being nosy and overbearing, some mock Ghana for being small, some even mock South Africans, so there's nothing there really.

When we become the giant of Africa not just in words alone, then I guess other countries in the world can mock us for respectable reasons like having nuclear weapons, intervening in crisis... and not for the current bs that goes on in this country that we can all attest to as being worthy of supreme mockery.

Your thinking is warped. Nuclear weapons are far more dangerous than anything else, whether possession of them is ''respectable'' in your view or not.
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by thwarrior72: 12:18am On Sep 30, 2014
The SA citizens should hold they government responsible for failure in providing them with all they need, that caused them to troop to our country in their hundreds in search of phantom miracle & should stop slandering Nigeria name
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Ediskcab(m): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2014
YES. We have even descended far beyond this due to bad leadership nd worse followers.

India, Malaysia, the UK nd the USA, even neighbours like Cameroon nd Ghana treat us in like manner. Definitely something is wrong with us as a nation.

From drug trafficking to money laundering, Internet scam to ritual killings, religious and ethnic bigotry to bad governance. The list goes on. All these in a country where th number of religious houses are more than schools.

The average Nigerian can't even maintain a simple queue either in traffic, @ d bank or shopping mall. Little wonder we can't come together to demand for gud Governance, accountability nd transparency.

Shiooooooooor!!!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 30, 2014
Being a Nigerian has made me grow a thick skin that no matter what a foreigner say doesnt faze me or make me feel bad,I have tons of foreign friends that come to naija and their perspective changed for good,so all this jibi jaba is just media jargons and propaganda,so they can talk and get all xenophobic I dont give a f#©k,while they keep looking for excuses to hate a Nigerian the more we keep progressing and achieving

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 30, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Your thinking is warped. Nuclear weapons are far more dangerous than anything else, whether possession of them is ''respectable'' in your view or not.

K, maybe having nuclear weapons is a bad example, but the idea is for us to reach super power status!

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by oduastates: 12:50am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria ?
Damaged goods.
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by mikron(m): 1:03am On Sep 30, 2014
so why the craze to come here in the first place? i didn't know we have many South Africans visiting Nigeria until the synagogue incident
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by mikron(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2014
they are always jealous of naija. hence the bad mouth
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 1:18am On Sep 30, 2014
If there is no crack in the wall...

The lizards can't get inn....let them enjoy.

We deserve every bit of whatever we get.when Nigerians go there to perpectuate all sort of crimes,dragging the name of the counttry through the mud,what do you expect?Our government is soo embarasissing.
Live in lagos for just 2 weeks and you will hate Nigerians,let alone havvving them mess up ur country.

South africa became a democratic state 1994 yet see how organissed they are and we the so called "Gaint of Africa" are being a shame to the black race.

Let them do what they like....No decent country will sit back and watch its citizens perish just like that...except ofccourse that country is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by marieolae(f): 1:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Can we blame the south africans?
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Ediskcab: YES. We have even descended far beyond this due to bad leadership nd worse followers.

India, Malaysia, the UK nd the USA, even neighbours like Cameroon nd Ghana treat us in like manner. Definitely something is wrong with us as a nation.

From drug trafficking to money laundering, Internet scam to ritual killings, religious and ethnic bigotry to bad governance. The list goes on. All these in a country where th number of religious houses are more than schools.

The average Nigerian can't even maintain a simple queue either in traffic, @ d bank or shopping mall. Little wonder we can't come together to demand for gud Governance, accountability nd transparency.

Shiooooooooor!!!

I like this comment so much....
what do you make of people that failed to put theirs destinity into their hands.

Nigerians are second class even here in aour country to any browner or lighter skin people. our people are paid peanut in construction company owns and run by german, labanese, Egyptians, Indians and chinese. if you want to be respected you need to demand for respect.

our ability to look too desperate and our lack of self esteem is our greatest problem

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: Can we blame the south africans?

The black south Africans are as retarded as Nigerians always chasing miravle everywhere.

These pastors are not man of God, they are business men

1 Like

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:37am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: Can we blame the south africans?

The black south Africans are as retarded as Nigerians always chasing miracle everywhere.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:40am On Sep 30, 2014
mikron: they are always jealous of naija. hence the bad mouth

Nothing to be jealous about Nigeria...
people just don't know how poor Nigeria is
Nigerianis that country where majority livee in slum, lack basic amenities, kill each other for no reason.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by marieolae(f): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The black south Africans are as retarded as Nigerians always chasing miracle everywhere.

. I agree with that but the south africans cannot be compared to us in many sectors.
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Exjoker(m): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2014
I understand their pain. After Nigeria beat them to become the biggest economic in africa - i alredy know something like this will surely follow; Hatred
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by ruffp: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2014
So many on this thread are ill-informed. As per the S/As that died, its quite unfortunate but do you sincerely think any measure watsoeva would be taken if the casualties wia only Nigerians? Have any of you stopped to think of ur value as a Nigerian? Secondly, dont be deceived....the foreigners that visit this country do so mostly to exploit the corrupt-laden society of ours where virtually anything u want,u get-as long as u bribe the right people. Do u know how many nigerians reside abroad? Have u stopped to wonder y they 'flee' this country for another? SouthAfrica might not be a reference point for perfection,but next to nigeria,it is light years away so lets not talk becuz we feel like talking and be truthful to ourselves cuz its the truth that wld indeed set us free from the shackles of corruption and total under-development!

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by cocoduck: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2014
publicenemy: If there is no crack in the wall...

The lizards can't get inn....let them enjoy.

We deserve every bit of whatever we get.when Nigerians go there to perpectuate all sort of crimes,dragging the name of the counttry through the mud,what do you expect?Our government is soo embarasissing.
Live in lagos for just 2 weeks and you will hate Nigerians,let alone havvving them mess up ur country.

South africa became a democratic state 1994 yet see how organissed they are and we the so called "Gaint of Africa" are being a shame to the black race.

Let them do what they like....No decent country will sit back and watch its citizens perish just like that...except ofccourse that country is Nigeria.
homo stupidus. your inability not mine okay?
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by phoenixchap: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2014
H
ameheo: South African media have been awash with
derisory comments on Nigeria following the
collapse of the Synagogue Church guest house
where many of their citizens lost their live.
Some years ago when South Africa » was in
the throes of apartheid with the harrowing
experiences they experienced, they had turned to
Nigeria for succour.
The country played the big brother role, spending
huge sums of money in the fight, bringing and
sponsoring their students and sending the
country loads of aids to see that they come out
of the woods.
Today, the same country does not only mock
and condemn Nigeria, they have continued to
ridicule and make scorn of us. Nigerians are
teated like second class citizens in their country
and they are subject of xenophobia.
Nigerians are not trusted and are seen as
criminals who have come to corrupt their
country.
Now with the current tremor caused by the
collapse of a guest house in the Synagogue
Church of All Nations, SCOAN, led by Prophet
T.B Joshua, » and the consequent death of
many of their citizens, the South African press
have taken another jibe at Nigeria.
A leading newspaper in the country, Sunday
Tribune, came up with this warning to their
people, with the legend, You don't want to die in
Nigeria, at various spots in the capital of the
country.
You don’t want to die in Nigeria. Hell,
you don’t even want to get sick in
Nigeria. You are just another number.
You will be told ‘people die all the time in
Nigeria, what makes you so special?
Is this how low we have descended in the eyes
of the world? more undiluted gist @ www.kulzone.tk

4uCk South Africa! Like I care, I won't blame them if not for the theifing polithiefcians who has brought this country to ridicule even in the eye of South Africans? HIAN! angry
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by marvy25(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2014
Like we care.... Am proud to b a nigerian anytim anyday... Do south africans think dey can stand us in anything... We aint begging dem to come reside here.. Dey cud write write in d skies for all i care..yemu tongue
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by ancashy(f): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
Well,I wouldn't want to get raped in south africa,contact HIV,need to seek justice or employment especially as a coloured person, nor want to live in the many ghettos so full of crimes rated one of d highest in d world,would nt wanna die on d streets,killed by frustrated and jobless citizens,due to high rate of employment,anyway Mr.TB Joshua,u are good at miracles so raise d dead,heal d injured and restore d collapsed building.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by miqos02(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
who force them come naija?
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Litmus: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
I don't know if South Africa is really the way that it is painted on Niraland. However, if it is, I'll tell you now, as a good observer of trends, South Africa does not have a rosy future. You guys here paint the people as unimaginative, simple and morally bankrupt.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by hushmail: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
there is nothing positive criticisms to make one sit up

is up to 9ja ldrs to take dis con3 to its rightful place

dont blame SA, i wouldnt want to get real sick in 9ja, common dialysis machines our teaching hospitals no get
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 01, 2014
miqos02: who force them come naija?

they were invited
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by cocoduck: 5:30am On Oct 01, 2014
marvy25: Like we care.... Am proud to b a nigerian anytim anyday... Do south africans think dey can stand us in anything... We aint begging dem to come reside here.. Dey cud write write in d skies for all i care..yemu tongue
no mind those yeye people
Re: South Africa Country's Media Mock Nigeria by cocoduck: 5:33am On Oct 01, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Nothing to be jealous about Nigeria...
people just don't know how poor Nigeria is
Nigerianis that country where majority livee in slum, lack basic amenities, kill each other for no reason.

You are a f00l, what slum are you talking about? makoko?
can makoko contain 20 million people? you !diots, ignorant bastaards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Face of SACKED, Nigerian Tribune Editor Who Hoaxed Fake Prof Sagay Interview / The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime / Kanu's Abandonment Of The Ship And Six Implications To The Socio-Cultural Milieu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.