Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams (7230 Views)

New Video Emerges Showing Zaria Victims' Bodies Dumped On Roadside / PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Reinforces Troops On Recently Attacked Yobe Town, Gaidam / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by msmon(m): 1:40am On Sep 30, 2014
The Lagos State Government says the
ban it placed on the sale or display of
rams by the roadside is still in full force.
The Commissioner for the Environment,
Tunji Bello, said this in a statement on
Monday.

Bello said government still had a zero
tolerance for the display and sale of
rams by the roadside.
The Commissioner said the government
would disallow conversion of open
spaces across the state to ram markets.
He said the Id el Kabir Festval should
not be taken as a licence to contravene
the street trading and environmental
sanitation laws.

He said, “The state government
encourages individuals to engage in
legitimate and legal means of livelihood,
but it will not condone violation of the
state laws. It is common for traders to
take advantage of this season to sell
their rams, but they must do so without
compromising the wellbeing of
Lagosians.”

Bello highlighted illegal ram markets in
the state which include the Agege Motor
Road, Ilupeju junction Rail line, Ijora,
Suru-Lere, Abeokuta Motor Road,
Costain, Egbeda, Alaba, Okokomaiko,
Olumegbon, Suenu and Gbaja areas in
Surulere.

The commissioner observed that Lagos
had attained a status in environmental
management across the world, and
should not be seen as engaging in
retrogressive acts like selling of rams by
the roadside.

He advised residents of Lagos to
embrace the waste management policy
of the government during the Sallah
celebration as well as patronise
approved operators for the disposal of
their solid wastes.

www.punchng.com/news/lasg-reinforces-ban-on-roadside-sale-of-rams/

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Abbey2sam(m): 1:49am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm sleeping pls....

i will comment in the morning
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Where should they sell it,inside the office?

If the ban is reinforced because of Sallah,then the LASG is on a long thing,because its implementation won't be effective.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by boombay(m): 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
undecided

your bombom bigger than Bombay!grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Abbey2sam(m): 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
This space is for sale....

I have another one above
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Hgold(m): 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
kkkk
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by acadollar(m): 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Abbey2sam: I'm sleeping pls....

i will comment in the morning
uve commented already
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by piratedcopy(m): 1:52am On Sep 30, 2014
na sleep sure pass
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Sunnycliff(m): 1:52am On Sep 30, 2014
must This appear on fp? Anyway make them hear!
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Iamfrank(m): 1:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmmmmm lagos turning into yanki small small
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by publicenemy(m): 1:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Aboki everywhere in the south,east and west doing business in peace....

But no southerner,westerner or easterner can do business in peace Up north.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 30, 2014
I wil comment after dis olosho finish giving me bj.

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by cstans(m): 2:04am On Sep 30, 2014
Rubbish get a life jare
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2014
publicenemy: Aboki everywhere in the south,east and west doing business in peace....

But no southerner,westerner or easterner can do business in peace Up north.
slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by NaLaugh: 2:06am On Sep 30, 2014
rams abi
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by publicenemy(m): 2:07am On Sep 30, 2014
Starbank: slowpoke.

Motherf*cker.
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by ibrews: 2:10am On Sep 30, 2014
These Abokis and there rams.....na wa o!
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 30, 2014
So ram is being sold by the road side?

I thought all these goats, deers, rams and antelopes I usually see on driving by were all escapees or maybe some peoples pets. They walk around with so much swagger, some don't even pay any mind to me when I'm blowing my car horn for them to truncate their majestic gait and quickly cross the road.

Also Oga Fash, are you banning ram because of the way they were eating Atiku's poster?

Please, temper justice with mercy!

6 Likes

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 30, 2014
publicenemy:

Motherf*cker.
born by accident.
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by j4sure(m): 2:52am On Sep 30, 2014
why now?
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by oathman(m): 2:52am On Sep 30, 2014
see gobe
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by ayukdaboss(m): 2:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Somewhere in Abuja these goats are performing their last civil duty before being sold.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Desdola(m): 3:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Hope they implement this after much office talk. I couldn't count the numbers I saw on my way yesterday
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by bunmioguns(m): 3:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmnm... still sleeping, I will comment when I wake up
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by free2ryhme: 4:15am On Sep 30, 2014
still sleeping too
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Google To shut down its social network (ORKUT)
https://www.nairaland.com/1926261/google-shut-down-orkut-social
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by LMAyedun(m): 4:44am On Sep 30, 2014
This is for the Ram sellers...
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by CharlieMaria(m): 5:16am On Sep 30, 2014
So are we selling rams?/

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by bigtt76(f): 5:20am On Sep 30, 2014
At the Palms or Ikeja Mall naaaa grin

Yomieluv: Where should they sell it,inside the office?

If the ban is reinforced because of Sallah,then the LASG is on a long thing,because its implementation won't be effective.

1 Like

Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by dridowu: 5:31am On Sep 30, 2014
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 30, 2014
Make I go book my Ram for LASEMA office joor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: LASG Reinforces Ban On Roadside Sale Of Rams by Gorgeous58(f): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Pls ban them especially the sellers of ram at Alaba rago bus stop towards Okoko after Iyana-iba.

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦‎585m Scandal: SERAP Threatens Legal Action If Tinubu Fails To Probe Betta Edu / Breaking: Ghana’s Ex-president Kufuor Is Dead / IPOB, Kanu Should Not Be Taken For Granted, It's Time To Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.