Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word (4210 Views)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / Converting .cdr Files To .jpeg Format / How Can I Convert Mpegav (DAT) Files To Dvd Files? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by coolskeelz(m): 4:03am On Jul 30, 2006
hi all,
i need to know how do i convert pdf files to ms- word.i need your assistance.thank you
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Fasore(m): 10:47am On Aug 04, 2006
Hello,
you can convert pdf to microsoft word by Acrobat reader
ok
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by coolskeelz(m): 2:08am On Aug 05, 2006
thanx Fasore,
thanxs man for your assistance,i just did not know that my answer is in using adobe reader.my guy thanks,i appreciate
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by zogo(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2006
you can convert pdf to microsoft word by Acrobat reader [quote][/quote]

Fasore, pls can u give a clearer explanation of that.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Chxta(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2006
Yes, Fasore, I'd really like to know how that is possible, In the meantime can coolskeelz fire me an email to get a genuine pdf to word conversion software?
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2006
If you're an amazing typist like MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! (lol grin , but it's true) you can just tile the windows horizontally and type. Stupid suggestion is it?

Tayo
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by sbucareer(f): 2:09am On Sep 02, 2006

Or you can try my in house built software

The only snag is that it work with java, so you must have a JVM install on you box. At the moment it is a command line interface program. Here is how you run it.

This will compile the code for errors
c:/javac Main

This will run the bytecode
c:/java Main filename.pdf filename.doc

The two arguments are interchangeable, meaning that you can convert pdf to word and word to pdf. The file to convert must be in the same directory of the java class, the Main.

If all goes well, your new file will be created with the supplied filename. You MUST specify the file type by postfixing the the type i.e. .doc, .pdf, .xls etc.

Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by yemo(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2006
you can not convert pdf to word but can copy it to word if the maker of the pdf specify it copyable
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by sbucareer(f): 5:12am On Sep 03, 2006

yemo, you are mistaken. Java has pdf API, that can convert pdf streams to and fro any document type. Ask youself, how does pdf software converts any document to pdf?

Any thing that can be done can be undone in software. We have something we call reverse engineer, I am sure you have had of it. I will find the pdf API and post it later.

I do not work with Java again, I have changed job and now working on TCL/TK programming legacy interface to work with Topspeed middleware. So I have not done Java for a while. But promise to dig and find you Java PDF API

Don't say you cannot convert pdf to any document type particulary word document, because all pdf file are converted into pdf from some other document file
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2006
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by sbucareer(f): 2:01am On Sep 04, 2006

I will assume that Java PDF API has not yet been officially added to JDK/SDK development toolkit. But I have read it in a forum that Sun is very busy testing and verifying all the submitted API's and those that pass validation and verification test would be added to the next version of Java development kit.

But there are so many Java API's for PDF, this is one of them, all you need to do is search google for Java PDF API

Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by earthrealm(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2006
use pdf reader, shei na the chevron advert u wan use am for?,
u need acrobat reader version 6 or higher, its a piece of cake, at the top left u will see convert files.select the ms word file u need n bingo iots done!!

the other method is to go to pdf online n do it there.its more complicated but it works too
hit me up if u need further assistance cool
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by zogo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ earthrealm,
i dont know if u get wat this guy wants?
the point is that he has an pdf file and wants it converted to word document. do u have the solution?

b/c u were refering to the elf scholarship format, in elf scholarship application u will need to convert ur scanned credentials (JPEG) to adobe (pdf). but in his question above, the reverse is the case.

ok?
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by nawa1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2007
@ zogo
earthrealm got it right i think. the answer is. . .

earthrealm:

u need acrobat reader version 6 or higher, its a piece of cake, at the top left u will see convert files.select the ms word file u need n bingo iots done!!

the other method is to go to pdf online n do it there.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2007
adobe reader cannot convert files from .pdf format to .doc format, it simply enables you to read pdf documents on your pc.

adobe acrobat on the other hand converts .doc (word files) to .pdf files, depending on what exactly you are interested in converting (text or images)
we'll be able to advise you better, sbucareer's suggestion seems to be the best so far.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by nawa1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2007
it's easy to convert other formats to pdf, and from pdf to text document format. but from pdf to .doc . . . . i always assumed Earthrealm method will work.

let me update my acrobat reader to see if my assumption is correct.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by oybv101: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2007
there are two ways you can do this
however, the pdf file must NOT be protected(you notice that some pdf files cannot be printed or copied from-its because they are protected)

verypdf pdf to word converter is an application that converts pdf files to word.its not free, and you'll have to look for the crack if you're so inclined

the second way requires ms office professional 2003.it includes microsoft document imaging.if you have office 2003 pro installed.print the file selecting the mdi printer.it will produce a file with an mdi extension.if you double click on the file, it will open in microsoft document imaging.look through the buttons on the tool bar.there should be one that says ocr/export to word.i'm speaking from memory, so the instructions might not be very clear.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by sakin4life(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2007
u would definitely want to get to computer village. those boys should have it. Then u can try www.4shared.com, www.tucows.com or download.com
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by uselo: 11:21am On Sep 13, 2007
Yea! You can convert PDF to word with this My software "pdf2word ver. 3.0" Anybody that needs this software should send me an email @ dannex@mail.com and I will send to the person ASAP.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by sakin4life(m): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2007
uselo:

Yea! You can convert PDF to word with this My software "pdf2word ver. 3.0" Anybody that needs this software should send me an email @ dannex@mail.com and I will send to the person ASAP.

Please, i need a copy of the software. My Yahoo ID is gogunsakin2001@yahoo.com.
You're a life-saver.
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by bigrovar(m): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2007
yeah i thnk with openoffice that should be possible, just do a search on google
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Cactus(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2007
zamzar.com
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by Ivvie: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2007
Adobe Professional converts from WORD to PDF and vice versa
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by plato00: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2013
here's the solution to your question : Quick-PDF PDF to word converter download
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by arronlee: 8:32am On Aug 28, 2013
I have ever tried to convert PDF to word before. And I have to admit that using a 3rd party tool whose way of processing is simple and fast can save a lot of time for us. I am almost a green hand on PDF converting work. I have only tried the free trial package of an image and document conversion tool to convert PDFs and do each step according to its tutorials about how to convert PDF to Word using C#.NET. It is just one of many but I do appreciate it because it is totally manual. Even though I only tried its free trial package to convert image and document and didn′t check the cost and licensing conditions, it worked great for me. Share with you. And I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron
Re: How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word by jenny1983: 9:37am On Dec 03, 2013
You can convert pdf file to word by using a library in .net or java like Aspose.PDF for Java, it can convert your pdf file to word in just one click below is the link of this library in java you can select other languages also:

Java Library for PDF:

http://www.aspose.com/.net/pdf-component.aspx

.NET Library for PDF:

http://www.aspose.com/.net/pdf-component.aspx

(1) (Reply)

I Can Never Pay Mtn To Browse; Check Out This South African Secret / Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 4gb, 320gb Hdd, Webcam, Dvd Rom, Bluetooth e.t.c / Dell 12GB RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, Quad-Core i7-7700HQ, 4GB Nvidia GTX 1050

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.