Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

The True Gospel; An Open Letter To Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Gospel; An Open Letter To Christians (682 Views)

Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? / The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Gospel; An Open Letter To Christians by Samneer: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Warning ; Here's a very long write up, please take your time and read.
NB: imagine yourself to be the subject in this write up.

I am going to introduce you to the Gospel right now. You are a rebel. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, I’ll tell you straight up. You are a rebel against the living God. This is your natural disposition. Why? Because you were born in sin. We are in a prison cell, and it takes the awakening and the grace of God, called the prevenient grace of God, to awaken us to the fact that we are lost and we can’t get out. We are headed towards destruction… Very fast. The enemy, because of our rebellion against God, has legal rights to harm and harass our life.

There you are behind the prison cell, shouting “SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT” You can’t get out. Those prison bars are stronger than any adamant. There is no way you can cut them because they’re stronger than diamond. It is impenetrable, you can NOT escape.

You’re doomed. When the enemy comes in, in the very end, he’s going to finish you off because he has legal right to do it and he’s gonna relish every minute of it. In strolls your intercessor. Your mighty man. And He stands between you and that accuser, and He takes the hit that was rightfully yours. He takes the blow that was intended for YOU. That is an extraordinary reality that He was turned to a pulp and He actually died. GOD died for YOU. Over your prison cell it has always said CONDEMNED, SEPERATED ETERNALLY [b]FROM GOD, GUILTY . Then suddenly it switches. When you realize what Jesus Christ has done, it says JUSTIFIED, FORGIVEN, REDEEMED.

Here’s the problem: Most of us have stopped with the good news right there. The blood of Jesus Christ wasshed, He was killed. I want you to know that is unbelievable news. But we are still in a prison cell. So we’re praising God from within a prison cell going “Thank you for forgiving me, thank you for changing the sign on the outside of the prison.” And God’s Word says: Could you check the door to the prison cell? Cause my blood was shed for more than just forgiveness. Forgiveness was the avenue through which He could make the escape for us. He isn’t interested in just dealing with the consequences or the penalty of sin. He’s also dealt with the problem of sin. Test the door, it’s unlocked! The door to the prison cell is unlocked! Walk out and smell the air of freedom and liberty and the LIGHT of Jesus Christ! When you get outside this prison cell, there’s like this chariot waiting. Emissaries of the King and they say the King beckons you to His presence.

Do you know how bizarre this is when you realize you were a rebel? That you were undeserving completely. The Living God has literally given up His life for you. He has set you free, and now, the very King is beckoning you into His presence? Like, are you sure you have the right girl here? I’m a rebel. I stood against my God. I spat in His face. How could He want me? The King beckons you. Get in the chariot, and as you’re pulling into the Kingdom and looking for where they might drop you off, you’re looking for that poor district and you say “Where are you taking me?” Well into the very near presence of the King. He wants you to live right where He lives. Not just the penalty, not just the problem, but an invitation into His very near presence. But as you’re coming in the emissaries say “He wants to adopt you as His child.” Me? His child?

We are brought in and invited near to share His heart. You come into His presence completely broken in the reality of what He has done for you; “I don’t deserve this! Why have you done this for me?” I love you. “I have a commission for you.” “For me? You want to have me work for you?” “I want you to work for me.” “Absolutely, anything I can do for you just tell me.” “I need you to go back to that prison cell that I took you out of, because there’s a whole bunch more that needs to know about me and my love, and My truth. Will you go for Me?” “In a heartbeat, I would gladly serve you. Anyway You want, anyway You ask” God says I need to forewarn you. I’m gonna send you out, and you will be sheep among wolves. They’ll KILL you. They’ll DESTROY you. They’ll HATE you. They’ll PERSECUTE you. They will do whatever they can to harm you. I’m in. I’ll do it God. You shed Your blood for me I would GLADLY shed my blood for You. Take my body, take my blood, spend it any way you want! I belong to You in a covenant. TAKE ME Lord Jesus, SEND ME.

The commission, not just the penalty. Not just the problem. Not just the invitation to His very near presence. Not just the adoption as the son or the daughter of the King of Kings, but we are commissioned to represent HIM. Don’t you realize that is a privilege beyond all other privileges? The bear the very name, the very image, the very reputation of God Almighty, and He says I ask you to go and make disciples of all men. Go and be unashamed of my gospel and preach it. Go rescue the lost in the power of My name for is not the lamb that was slain worthy to receive the reward of His suffering. “I’ll go” And as you begin to head out with His blessing, He says hold it, wait. There’s one more thing.

Not just the penalty, not just the invitation to His very near presence, not just the adoption or the daughter of the King, and not just the commission, this is the capstone. If you think that is all good, you could wrap that all up into one ball and it still falls short of the final one. Because this final one is so condescending on the part of our King, it is so bewildering, it is so extraordinary, so amazing. This is the truth that turns the world upside down. Before you go, what I’m sending you out to do is impossible, I know. If you do it in your own strength, you’ll fail. “I don’t care. I’m willing to do whatever you ask of me.

If you want me to just go in there and die, I’m willing.” I’m sending you out to be a victor. My children will not lose. Would you give Me your body? And I will come in and make it My home. And I will take those hands of yours and make them My hands. I will take those feet of yours and make them My feet. I will take that mouth of yours and speak My words. And I will take those eyes of yours and they can see what I need you to be seeing in this world. And I will take your heart of stone and make it a heart of flesh, so it will be with my burdens and you will care for the very things that I care about. And your prayers will become My prayers. And your life, and your attitude, and your behavior, every minute of every day will be the very behavior of God. Will you allow Me to overtake your life? Causes then we go into this world as little lambs with the faces of lions because the Living God Almighty, the Consuming Almighty Sovereign God [/b]dwells within His children! And as we stand with the wolf pack around us, we stand in the authority in the name of Jesus, and we will knock them back down because we do not head off to war to lose, we head off to war to win.

Our God marks all the powers of earth and hell through fluffy little lambs. Because His lambs [b]BEAT
the wolf packs. That’s the Gospel. The Gospel tracks us upon all the powers of earth and hell, and demonstrates to the universe the manifold wisdom of God, that He is in control, that even though we look weak, and even though physically and naturally we are weak, spiritually, greater is He that is in us, than he that is in this world. THAT is good news. And it’s a lot better than what’s being dealt out today in the church.

We need to rise up and proclaim the Gospel and say “I’m not ashamed of it!” Dear Lord Jesus takes what is rightfully yours. Don’t just send us, send us with yourself. Plant it within our souls. God do your work. We cannot bring You glory, even though we’re willing to do it without You, please if You want to come with us, why on the world would we ever try on our own? You don’t have to go on your own. You don’t have to pull off the impossible on your own; you don’t have to fail any longer.

Your God is ready to do it in and through you. You can’t do it, you can’t muster up the discipline, you can’t muster up the intellect, you can’t muster up the strength, you can’t muster up the perseverance and fortitude, He can. You can’t love the lost, you can’t love those who spit upon your face, and He can. Don’t pray that God would teach you how to love like He loves, pray that He would fill you with Himself that He would love in and through you. Don’t pray that He would teach you to have joy, pray that the Living God full of joy would enter into you. Don’t pray that He would teach you how to be peaceful, ask that the God of Peace, the Prince of Peace to infill you. Cause if you try and imitate your own strength, you will be a miserable replica. But if you allow the impartation of Jesus Christ to overtake you, suddenly it all works. Because it’s Him imitating Himself, and He’s very good at being God.

DECIDE THIS MOMENT IF YOU WILL STILL CONTINUE TO STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE, WHILE UNBELIEVERS ARE GOING TO HELL EVERYDAY!

GO OUT AND PREACH!

(1) (Reply)

126 Historical Texts Prove That Jesus Christ Never Existed / Repent Because Something Is Chasing Me Or Because I'm Suppose 2? / An Islamic Letter Was Intercepted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.