Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) (2356 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / Lumia 730 Captures Selfie With 1,151 People (Picture) / Puls By Will.i.am The Musician Is A Wearable That Can Make Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Exjoker(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
“Oh man, this would make a great picture. I
wish there was someone else here to take our
picture for us so we didn’t have to take a
selfie!”
Has this ever happened to you?
Of course it has. You’re a human being in the
21st century who reads tech blogs.
The Nixie aims to solve that. It’s, as crazy as
it feels to type this, a wearable selfie drone. A
flying wristband, with a camera built in. When
you’re ready for your close-up, it launches off
your wrist, reorients to frame you in the shot,
and then hovers back over for you to catch it.
The bad news? It’s… still pretty conceptual. It
looks like they’ve got a prototype that can
launch off your wrist and float away — but it’s
still early days. They have a long way to go
(this thing looks about as fragile as can be
right now) — but even as a concept, it’s
damned cool.
The good news? It’s a finalist in Intel’s Make
It Wearable competition — meaning they’ve
just scored themselves $50,000 and all of the
mentorship, design help, and technical support
a company like Intel can throw at them in
order to make it real.
The project is the brainchild of Christoph
Kohstall (a physics researcher at Stanford),
and is built in collaboration with team
members Jelena Jovanovic and Michael
Niedermayr.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/28/a-wearable-drone-that-launches-off-your-wrist-to-take-your-selfie/

Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
brb read later
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
What's this...?
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by amiskurie(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Arva: What's this...?
Ur profile pic is more interesting grin

1 Like

Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by lanrexdo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
The op dp ehn na baba
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Begonia(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
LOL.. This must be a joke!
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Thorerah(f): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
I don't like the idea, it wouldn't be like the real thing wink
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by DopeAngel(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Arva: What's this...?
a thread
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Anything with the word 'drone' in it is not for the entire world. It is for jihadists everywhere and anywhere.
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by ElFenomeno1: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dumb!
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by bastien: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Luppish
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Idrismusty97(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
They are running out of ideas, They can't think of what to invent again.
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by egopersonified(f): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
After gushing at celebrity pix, at least now i can ogle at mine.
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by wheesin(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
undecided
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Philipmems(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
amiskurie:
Ur profile pic is more interesting grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Harmvirus(f): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
I don't like
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by iamsegsy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
anoda crazy invention lipsrsealed
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by benega: 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ok but remind me how it will help us bring back our girls
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
All this just for a selfie..mtcheww
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
after reading this post and not fully understanding a thing.. I guess the drone is gonna be an equally complicated cr*p.
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by hatux: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Great development
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by kelechiMarie(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
looks ugly
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by am0s(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
ow did it happen
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Enouwem(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Harmvirus: I don't like
Neither do I. It's DOA.
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Mention(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lol... Are these guys for real??
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
Video or ADONBILIVIT. angry
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Yinkatolu: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2014
1000 ways to die. Electrocute yourself all in the name of selfie undecided
Re: A Wearable Drone That Launches Off Your Wrist To Take Your Selfie(pic) by Abbey2sam(m): 11:10am On Oct 01, 2014
benega: Ok but remind me how it will help us bring back our girls

buh they have begin to come back by their selves

(1) (Reply)

Download Unlimited Game And Apps. / Innjoo Max 2 And Max 2+ Official Thread / Google Pixel XL, Full Specification And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.