Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Hate You Patrick - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Hate You Patrick (5332 Views)

A Love And Hate Relationship (based On A Truelife Story) / I Hate You Dad (part 1) / Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Patrick: Josephine, please stop crying. Please am sorry.
Josephine: Why should i ehn? Tell me why should i? I begged you but u never listened, u went ahead and raped me like the beast that you are. You are an animal, stupid dev....(interrupted by Patrick)
Patrick: Raped you? Hahahahahahaha. Come off it dear, i never did that. You know your stubbornness caused it.
Josephine: Liar. Yes you are nothing but a cheap lying bastard. You tricked my parents into marrying me to you. As if that is not enough you raped me. I hate you Patrick, i hate this air we both share right now. You took my pride away from me, how could you?
Patrick: Dear Josephine, am so ashamed of what you just said. You know the truth behind our marriage(shaking his head) why say it as if that's what happened? You know that i sacrificed almost everything i had just to pay ur father's hospital bill and your elder brother Justin's school fees. And your dad made me promise to take you as my wife after his recovering from the eye operation he had(interrupted by Josephine)
Josephine: Whatever i beg. That is not an excuse for raping me (still crying)
Patrick: (Angry)..Watch your tongue woman. I married you in the church of God and paid your bride price as tradition demanded. Its been six month now but you refused changing. Tell me what man would be this patient with you? I gave you a long time to get prepared for this very night. Each time i tried making love to you, you would turn me down with one stupid excuse or the other. A man had to be a man. I did what was best for us. Am human Josephine for christ sake.
Josephine: No you are not. Because no responsible human would be that rough on a virgin. You are nothing but a rapist Patrick and i hate you.
Patrick: (sad)..Am sorry Josephine. I never knew i was rough on you, i might have lost control. Am so sorry. Did i hurt you?
Josephine: Don't touch me. My God, are you serious? I never knew i married an illiterate.
Patrick: Please tell me the truth, did i hurt u?
Josephine: Oooo Patrick just leave me alone o if not i would scream and bring this neighbourhood to our doorstep.
Patrick: Why are you shouting? Dear, please just be calm just let me know or let me see. Did i hurt you?
Josephine: No you didn't. Can't you see that its palm oil that just stained the bed? That i was singing halleluyah few minutes ago? Just leave me alone if you know what's good for you. Just go.
(Patrick just stood from where he sat close to his wife on their matrimonial bed and stared at his room. The room was painted white wit a navy blue fan, a navy blue curtain to match the navy blue rug. And it had a bathroom and a toilet built together inside the bedroom. It has two beautiful light stand on both side of the bed, a wardrobe a with dressing mirrow and a chair. He looked round briefly and looked at his wife on the bed who was crying her eyes out he smiled at her nd bent low and gave her a peck on her fore head and then went to where his pyjamas laid on the rug and wore it never taking his eyes off Josephine the whole time).
Patrick: Dear i love you. (But Josephine never replied him infact she has never replied him frm the very day he told her when they met . Patrick smiled and left her alone in the bedroom and went to sleep in the guest room)
Josephine: (crying) why is my life like this? How could he have raped me? I hate you Patrick. I hate you. I know what to do she said and coiled on her bed covering herself with the blanket on the bed.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
It was already 9am that saturday morning when Patrick carried a tray of food to his bedroom. He dropped the tray on the small bed stool beside the bed and woke Josephine gently with a tap on her shoulder.
Patrick: Angel wake up its morning already.
She shifted from side to side yawning as she tried to sit up. She frowned, remembering what happened the previous night.
Josephine: Yes what is it? Haven't you had enough? Do you want to kill me?
Patrick: Shhhhhh...angel i brought you breakfast.
Josephine: Thanks, but no thanks am nt hungry and even if i am i would prepare something myself.
Patrick: Ok angel if you say so, but i would leave it here incase you change ur mind. Please its already past 9am. Remember we have a meeting today with our friends. (He then reached for her face but she avoided his kiss. He smiled and made to leave the bedroom but she spoke before he did)
Josephine: Pat
Patrick: Yes dear, do you need anything?
Josephine: When is the time for the meeting?
Patrick: (smiling). Its 11am at Drewws restaurant.
Josephine: (frowning). Thanks. You can go now (dismissing him with a wave of her hand. As soon as he left the room she got out of the bed and went to the bathroom to wash her face. Patrick on the other hand mimicked her as he got out.
Josephine came back later with a towel wrapped around her. She walked to where her once beautiful night gown laid on the rug, now torn from last night's struggle. She hissed as she picked it up and turned facing the bed remembering all that happened the night before. She removed the blood stained bedsheet and replaced it with a new one and she washed it before taking her bath. She got dressed and settled down to the yam and pepper soup prepared by her husband for breakfast. Few minutes later Patrick's call woke her up from her thought of revenge on him.
Joseph: Honey its 11 already, Kelvin just called to say that they have arrived there already and Timothy and his wife are already on their way too. Please hurry up so we don't keep them waiting.
Josephine: Am almost through. Am through i mean. (phone rings pick up call while coming out of the bedroom into the sitting room which was also painted white with cream tiles. The sitting room had two love chairs opposite each other and a glass table in the middle. A flat screen tv laid on one side of the wall and their wedding picture was placed on the other side of the wall with flowers hanging from one side of the wall to the other. It is a small sitting room which had a dinning attached to it with 4 dinning seats.
As Josephine stepped out of the bedroom Patrick couldn't stop staring at her suprised, with mouth apart. He never knew his wife was that beautiful for she always dressed simple without make up before he met her and evn after their wedding. But now he couldn't stop staring at this beautiful, slim black beauty who had a pink jacket on her black three quarter jump suit which revealed part of her bossom with big round pink earrings and a gold necklace).
Josephine: Ok ma, we will see later. (ending the call she tapped her husband who was lost in thoughts) Pat shall we?
Patrick: Em...sure. (as she tried to leave, he drew her to him and hugged her) angel, am sorry i hurt you last night. I wasn't thinking right last night. I love you and would never hurt you, this i swear to you. (she waited and when he was done hugging her she reminded him of their meeting and so they left for drewws restaurant).
Re: I Hate You Patrick by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Following. weldonw Ciela.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
followed TDan closely
Re: I Hate You Patrick by kenchukscole(m): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
****booked**...ride on ma'am
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
The ride to Drewws restaurant was smooth since it wasnt far from Patrick's home. He was over happy knowing his wife had finally come out of her shell with the way she dressed and looked. He also felt seduced with her outfit. Josephine on the other hand was happy with the way Patrick looked at her from time to time she knew he would completely fall into her trap and she would have her revenge. As they got to Drewws restaurant they made their way inside the restaurant. Meanwhile Patrick friends were already seated gisting.
Timothy: (a lawyer always like bragging) You know na, if i see that shekau or what is that his name again? Guy i swear i go hammer am slap.
Kelvin: Timo shut up there. You just like making mouth.
Sandra: Don't mind him, paradise.(winking at her husband Kelvin who is a banker).
Mary: Don't you even think of that (frowning jokingly at sandra) Sweetheart don't mind them jor.
Jude who has been quiet was the first to see Patrick and his wife and so he started singing.
Jude: O boy, if you see mummy water o, if you see mummy water o, never never you run away instead grab am and hide inside your house.
Mary: Jude, Jude which mummy water did you see?
Timothy: (seeing his friend and wife approaching joined in the remix of the song) O boy i don see the mummy water o, i don see the mummy water but somebody don already grab am away, away, away o now am just shaking my head o.
Patrick: Hi babies(referring to the ladies and to the
men he said) hi old cargoes.
Josephine: Hi everyone, please forgive us for coming late.
Sandra: No probs darling. Girl you are looking take away.
Timothy: No b only take away why not parachute.
Kelvin: My goodness, now i undastand what this two alien meant by that song. (Turning to Patrick, he gave him a handshake) am impressed Pato.
Jude: So because of woman, you guys pretended not to have heard what this Pant that claims he is Patrick said?
Josephine: *clears throat* He is not a pant. Jude call him angel instead.
Patrick: (talking to himself) wow she is defending me. Could it be she enjoyed me last night but was just pretending?
Mary: This discussion is scattered. I don't understand you old cargoes at all.
Kelvin: And why don't you undestand us?
Mary: Because am hungry. We babies are hungry. Abi no be so?
(And the ladies chorused yes. Just then Jude's phone rang)
Jude: Hello...yes...ok....you can come in we are seated close to the window...ok bye.
Sandra: Honey Jude who called you? (acting as his wife). I have a feeling that it was a lady that called you.
(All laughed)
Jude: Yes love. That was my cousin Amanda i asked her to meet us here.
Kelvin: Ewooo i don die. Come on Jude shut up there. Who are you addressing as your love? Waka there. Don't go and marry be thinking of people's wife to snatch.
(And they all laughed not knowing that Amanda was already there)
Amanda: Jude
Jude: (turning around and seeing her, he quickly hugged her and offered her a seat as all clears throat) Not what you are thinking guys. She is my cousin o. Sis defend me na.
Amanda: (smiling) Good day everyone. Am Amanda, Jude's cousin. Am an engineering student.
Mary: Hi Amanda, waiterrrrrrrrr, waiterrrrrrrr, waiterrrrrrr.
Patrick: Timo, this your wife too like food. (stretching his hand forward) Hi Amanda am Patrick, an engineer working in one of this small companies and this angel here is my wife Josephine.
Amanda: (Still holding his hand while Josephine look away irritated) its nice meeting you.
Kelvin: Bro Pant i mean Pat you wicked o na only your family you fit introduce? Anyway na this guy wey no fit introduce him cousin na cause am. Anyway, am Kelvin a banker and dis is my beautiful wife Sandra. Over there is our one and only lawyer and bragger Timothy and his lovely wife Mary and finally there beside you is Jude your cousin a medical doctor and a womaniser.
They spent the day together laughing and gisting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Following. weldonw Ciela.
Thanks T-dan. U ar welcome.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
snowprince07: followed TDan closely
Thanks for following him here Snowprince07.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
kenchukscole: ****booked**...ride on ma'am
Thanks Kenchukscole
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ciela:
Thanks for following him here Snowprince07.
lol u welcom ma'am now following u tho,hope we gonna av anoda update bfr we slp??
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
snowprince07: lol u welcom ma'am now following u tho,hope we gonna av anoda update bfr we slp??
Yes sir. Typing nw
Re: I Hate You Patrick by jaymomma(f): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Following. Guess she'll fall in love with him while on the path to revenge
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 01, 2014
It was already dark when they got home. Josephine went to prepare dinner while Patrick stayed in the sitting room chatting with a friend of his who travelled to the UK for a business trip with his phone. He quickly dropped his food when his wife called him to the dinning.
Josephine: Honey, dinner is served. Hurry up before it gets cold.
Patrick: Ok dear, am coming (to himself he said quietly) this is what they call love o. Love wantiti. Last night was the start of a new beginning for us. Why was she pretending not to lyk me?
Josephine: I will start eating if you don't want to eat. (to herself she said) men can easily be fooled and killed but this one would regret marrying and molesting me first.
Patrick: Am here angel. Wow it smells delicious.
Josephine: Thanks dear, let us pray.
As she closed her eyes and said the prayer Patrick just focused his attention on her with eyes wide open.
*They returned from church the next day as Josephine was trying to sit down she remembered she promised she would visit her mum the previous day*
Josephine: Oh no, mum would kill me. I promised to visit yesterday, but i forget. What do i do now?
Patrick: Come here, take (giving her his phone) call her she would undastand.
Josephine: Ok dear. (after dialling the number) hello...hello..good morning mum...yes we just came back....am fine......he is here and fine too.....that is why i called..ok bye.
She heaved a sigh and lazily and stylishly sat on her husband's lap. Patrick on the other part pretended not to feel her.
Patrick: What did she say?
Josephine: That i should come for the things that she is at home already and she wants to see you too.
Patrick: Ok what time are we leaving?
Josephine: Now. Let me change into something comfortable.
Patrick: Ok dear.
*The same day Amanda and her friend and roomate just returned from church*
Glory: That pastor Ayo is sick in the head. Did you see what he did to sister Blessing when he was praying for her?
Amanda: Nope. What did he do?
Glory: You have big eyes but can't see. So you didnt see him pressing her breast when he was praying for her?
Amanda: Really? I didnt see him, maybe i was not looking then or just deep in thought or something.
Glory: About Patrick right?
Amanda: How did you know his name. I don't remember telling you about him.
Glory: How will you remember when all you said last night was, he is so cute, deep dimples, fair in complexion, 6ft tall, right body shape (mimicking her friend).
Amanda: Yes i think he is my mr right and he is also an engineer.
Glory: Amanda he is a married man for crying out loud. Don't destroy a happy home with your evil thoughts please.
Amanda: What is your business in this? That woman is nothing but a husband snatcher. She stole my man from me but she would never have him.
Glory: Amanda do you listen to yourself speak? May God have mercy on you.
Amanda: Go and sleep.
Glory: I will, atleast its better than listening to you. (Then she walks in to sleep)
Amanda: This girl like poke nosing. Anyway Patrick is mine. I will get him. I will just go and meet baba first thing tomorrow morning to give me a good love portion. Hahahahahahaha.
Glory: (coming back to the sitting room) what is making you laugh?
Amanda: Go and sleep. Because am going to sleep too.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Am so so sorry i cudnt update last nite netwrk was jst so bad here and i slpt afta trying for more than an hr. Abeg Snowprince07 no vex.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Will drop another update before noon.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2014
jaymomma: Following. Guess she'll fall in love with him while on the path to revenge
Thanks Jaymomma. I guess she would but am not sure o

1 Like

Re: I Hate You Patrick by Plaitex(f): 8:24am On Oct 01, 2014
wow, i love your story. Just followin patiently. More ink to your pen
Re: I Hate You Patrick by princesssusan(f): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2014
New follower
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2014
Ciela: Am so so sorry i cudnt update last nite netwrk was jst so bad here and i slpt afta trying for more than an hr. Abeg Snowprince07 no vex.
no P ma'am happy independence day
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA

There is a land deep in the heart of AFRICA.
A land so fertile and enchanting.
It's strength rises from the deep waters of the river NIGER and BENUE.
It is the land of NIGERIA.
A land with rich and diverse cultures.
Lush vegetation,
Intriguing landmarks,
Refreshing tourism,
A bustling economy,
In tune with nature.
It is the land of NIGERIA
It is the giant
The heart
Of AFRICA.
By Meavescrete
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE.

1 Like

Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
I love the plot. While Josephine is tryna hurt her husband, someone else is waiting to grab him with open arms. Can't wait for the next update.

Happy independence day btw... smiley
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Have you heard about the ongoing E-Workshop For NAIRALAND holding @ Nairaland here and Now. Follow this link there
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main/6#26753646
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
It was already noon when they got there, and after greeting Josephine's parents. Josephine went inside the room to have a woman to woman chat with her mum leaving her husband and father alone.
In the room, mother and daughter spoke. Josephine's mum, a woman in her late forties. She is beautiful with a petite nature. She was a fish seller until she got married to mr Ibe, Josephine's fath
Mrs Ibe: I told you he would take care of you. See the way you are glowing. You are just looking fresh like those fresh fish i used to sell back then.
Josephine: (smiling) You just say that to cover up for what you and dad did to me. You know i would never forgive you for selling me to that man.
Mrs Ibe: You would never change. You know all we did was best for you.
Josephine: Best you said? Mum please don't make me laugh. How did you feel knowing i was sold to a man i don't love. I pleaded with you and dad to let me finish my university education but you never listened to me.
Mrs Ibe: Finish university at what age. You weren't even serious with your studies.
Josephine: (Crying) I needed time mum
Mrs Ibe: You needed time? At what age? Yes answer me, at what age? Weren't you ashamed of the fact that you were in ss1 at the age of 22?
Josephine: Was that why you made me marry a man i don't love, at the age of 22? All because you were ashamed of me?
Mrs Ibe: Josephine don't talk to me that way am still your mother for crying out loud. What has come over you? You weren't like this few months back. You are only six months old in this marriage and you are still talking lyk this. I thought you promised, not to complain about us given you out for marriage? Why then are you complaining?
Josephine: That's because that son inlaw of yours raped me.
Mrs Ibe: Raped you? How is that possible? Don't let another ear hear it not even your father. It was your responsibility to feed your husband with whatever food he ask for even if its you.
Josephine: Ah, my own mum for that matter. (Wipes tear from eyes) Mum this is unfair of you.
Mrs Ibe: Please my daughter, your husband was God sent. Do you know what would have happened to your father if that cancer had affected his second eye? Do you also know that your brother would be a drop out if Patrick didnt help us out?
Josephine: Yes ma, and am grateful to him. I will try to be an understanding wife. (Changing the topic) Mum what was it you said you wanted to give me?
Mrs Ibe: Changing the topic? Just be a good wife. Learn to love him so he doesn't find love elsewhere. You know Patrick is a good man. Anyway i sent for you because of the beads you wanted me to buy for you.
Josephine: Thanks mum.
*Two days later*
Amanda: Oh no, not again. Why do i keep calling Patrick's name while reading? This is bad and i have exams in two days time. I don't even know why baba travelled and his wife said he won't be back until month ending. GOD please help me o. I promise i won't think of him until after my exam.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Plaitex: wow, i love your story. Just followin patiently. More ink to your pen
Thanks Plaitex.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
princesssusan: New follower
U ar welcome Princesssusan
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
alomosweets: I love the plot. While Josephine is tryna hurt her husband, someone else is waiting to grab him with open arms. Can't wait for the next update.

Happy independence day btw... smiley
Yeah i tink so. Her eye go soon clear. Thanks Alomosweets
Re: I Hate You Patrick by princesssusan(f): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ciela:
U ar welcome Princesssusan
Tnx
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Am so sorry abt my nt updating early 2day. 2day was indeed a busy day 4 me. Would drop 1 last update b4 i slp. I pray netwrk dnt misbehave
Re: I Hate You Patrick by estellar12(f): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Interesting story. Cnt wait to c what happens.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Feel lyk cryin. Netwrk is so unfair to me. It wiped my post without leavin me with a single wrd. Retyping. Pls b patient with me.
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Tolulopegeorge(f): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Well done
Re: I Hate You Patrick by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 02, 2014
nice story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. / Along Came A Stranger . / The Chronicles Of Corper Henry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.