Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think (34200 Views)

These Pictures Will Surely Make You Wiser / I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / Profound Statements That Makes You Humble Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by no11: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
something good for my mid day
good man......
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by daveP(m): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
softsparkyy:
Irreplaceable!!!
lol beyonce fans everywhere!!! wink

lemme hold the thought for later (runs off to create thread)
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by mztubsy(f): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Fab write-up OP,its very insightful and encouraging.I've always had this one @ d back of my mind and its someetn remind myself of frequently-.............pessimists COMPLAIN about the wind......optimists ADJUST the sails.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by coputa(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
MzMariah: Yes.
Not my fault tho. embarassed
crocodile tears ?
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
coputa:
crocodile tears ?
And you quoted me for that? shocked shocked shocked

E wor den efe undecided
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Cheks01(f): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
They were all very inspirational. Thanks
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by DAVE5(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
i was reading through and soon as i saw this one, it was as if something fell outta my eyes (my eyes opened widely) cos its me and how i think exactly

43. If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.

i dont know why but i always think cos i act fair everything should be fair, op u jst lifted the lid off my eyes...
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by expozey(f): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
45 & 55. Truer words have yet to be spoken.
@45 Still learning to adjust my thought process to this
@55 there's no more-satisfying life than one free of guilt.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wonderful, wise sayings that works for those who think deep. I live by these principles.... i don't care what this confused society thinks.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Love those quotes, OP.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by donwise1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Number 35.....35......35........35.......35......35.....keeps resounding in my mind. hmmmmmm
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Raxxye(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nice quotes!
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by ndat(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=eleojo23]Our lives are shaped by what we think about in our quiet moments. I wish to share with you some profound statements that will help you shape your thinking aright.
These statements made by different people at different times were compiled by Marc Chernoff.
For those who may want to ask for summary, I'm sorry there is no other way to summarize these. Just spare a few minutes to read and you may just stumble upon something that will change your life.

In order to make this thread interesting, after reading the post, feel free to pick any statement(s) that really touched you and explain what you understood from it. Here we go...

1.No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
2. You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
3. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
4. Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
5. Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly. NU

1 Like

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by ini4brandon(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
59. Choose a career you love and you will never work a day in your life.

1 Like

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by royalicon(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lovely write ups.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by papazizii(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world. Dis one touched my hrt,if only we cn jst do dis evryday 9ja wll b a beta place**

2 Likes

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Toble: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
35. Love and appreciate your parents. We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old..This is a great point that touches me so much..No matter how busy we are, we should always create time for those we love especially our parents. Life is short!
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by VICTOFX(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Love and appreciate your parents. We are
often so busy growing up, we forget they are also
growing old. Happy independence, just find time n do something no matter how little to make them happy, cheers its all so so touching , n @ op, u making good sense, does have anything to do with u being I gala?
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by bikerboy1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Undoubtedly one of my best on Nairaland. Am glad, am a part of this great community.

1 Like

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by DONOCHAS(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
If you expect the world to be fair with u because you are fair with them you are fooling yourself. It is true it once happend to me
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Indeed life is govern by rules!
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by dvdami(m): 1:13am On Oct 03, 2014
hmm
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by phadat(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
1, 25 , 36 , 54 and 56 so inspiring @ op nice write up
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by faymoss(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice quotes,
thanks
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by slickyb(f): 2:00am On Oct 04, 2014
profound statements indeed...Thanks op 4 sharing, I did learn 1 or 2 things...so long!
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by slickyb(f): 2:02am On Oct 04, 2014
profound statements indeed...Thanks op 4 sharing, I did learn 1 or 2 things...so long! smileyprofound statements indeed...Thanks op 4 sharing, I did learn 1 or 2 things...so long!
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by fightforchange1(f): 6:16am On Oct 04, 2014
Kurt Cobain is quoter of #27.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by megamindmaster(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2014
If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him... This one so oened my eye, it just tought me to forget about doing good because I want everyother person to be doing good. Just do it...

1 Like

Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by SenatorJames(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2014
Copied!!!

So inspiring.
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by Nmeri17: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
this post is beautiful on all fronts. these are nice picture captions by the way cool only instagrammers will grab. plus some of those quotes could actually fit in as deadly punchlines in a rap track. It's not even something u can grasp at once. thanks so much for sharing OP
Re: Profound Statements That Will Surely Change The Way You Think by larry2chat(f): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Eleojo23

First thing i did after reading them all was to dash you my like straight up, how i just wish i could give-out more than one cry

Another thing i did was to give you a bumper to bumper follow right away. grin

This are the type of quotes one need to scale tru the huddles of life.

Now let me start picking them one after the other shocked how i just wish i would be able to talk about them all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Left Us / Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures / 22 Children’s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.