Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (19466 Views)

Celebration Of Nigeria 54th Independence In Pics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] / I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Revolva(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Agbaya at 54 no development....Nigeria is a definiton of a failed state.a big fiasco..a laughing stock amongst its mates....a nation built on lies and disloyalty...how can be grow
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by pendusky(m): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2014
Revolva: Agbaya at 54 no development....Nigeria is a definiton of a failed state.a big fiasco..a laughing stock amongst its mates....a nation built on lies and disloyalty...how can be grow

A father that want his child to be intelligent doesn't criticise his child of his non improvement but teach and show him how to achieve it... I bet ur a sadist! sorry bro

We will get there one day

1 Like

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Jbluv55(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Missmossy: Nigeria,the giant of Africa,a land flowing with milk and honeycheesy how i love thee despite the times of chaos and travails we pass through.

It can only get better,i believe so much in Nigeria my beloved country,happy independence peoplesmiley

Liamm
Babe2sure
dave p
decode 55
KiddaBlingzz
Spaxon
herald9
MizMyColi
zyzxx
RedClay
MsAnne
VictoriousVic
Deoik
Bantino
Jbluv55 amongst others.

One love people!
Happy independence to you and to all Nairalanders. Thanks a lot dear smiley.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Iriruaga100(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2014
54 years of military nd civillian misrule.... 54 years of corruption with little or no basic infrastructure in place. A country with many broken dreams nd shattered destinies. We were ahead of south korea, malaysia nd indonesia in the 70s but, today these countries are far ahead of nigeria with basic infrastructure in place, strong economies nd better government institutions. As i write today, nigeria is nt worth celebrating.
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Exponental(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day!

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Orikinla(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2014
Let us join hands in love, peace and unity to build a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa!

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by jevic(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Thank GOD for our great nation NIGERIA.
Not withstanding all the vices of the enemy, we are still moving on. To GOD be the GLORY!
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
Alright! Alright people!
It's right about time for us to get this pumpin.
The Iam vs Ted battle is going down tonight!
It's gonna be jabs! Jabs!! And boooom!!!
Who's punches is gonna get the other one writhing in lyrical pain.
Let's come in and feast our eyes on punchlines from the wells of two of the greatest mcs on the block.
It's gon' be super bloody, If you know what I mean grin grin

iamaromolaeran: One of the best freestyle rapper on NL.
Scheme, Lyrical, Freestyle...

teddybiyasi: The best female mc on NL.
Lyrical, Delivery, Flow....

Special guest of honor: Chief seun grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1926133/brutal-clash-2-iamaromolaeran-vs

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by yokiti: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Samiceman: . Bro I love this write up....permit me to use it on my Facebook wall... God Bless Nigeria
permission granted sir!
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Revolva(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
pendusky:

A father that want his child to be intelligent doesn't criticise his child of his non improvement but teach and show him how to achieve it... I bet ur a sadist! sorry bro

We will get there one day

wtf u call me a sadist cos I spoke my mind......u deserve s smack
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by bengoodcreature: 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
54yrs of suffering and smiling, God wld help us!

1 Like

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by herald9: 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Missmossy: Nigeria,the giant of Africa,a land flowing with milk and honeycheesy how i love thee despite the times of chaos and travails we pass through.

It can only get better,i believe so much in Nigeria my beloved country,happy independence peoplesmiley

Liamm
Babe2sure
dave p
decode 55
KiddaBlingzz
Spaxon
herald9
MizMyColi
zyzxx
RedClay
MsAnne
VictoriousVic
Deoik
Bantino
Jbluv55 amongst others.

One love people!

If we ever forget that we are One
Nation Under God, then we will be a
nation gone under.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE MISSYsmiley

1 Like

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by SHOCK7(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Begonia: @op; but it's not 1st of October yet.. don't worry you'll make front page.. lol

Happy Independence day! smiley
Well said,likewise how u doing?
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Awoofawo(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
As una Nigeria dey celebrate 54th
Buyday, Mr Babatunde Raji
Fashola(SAN) says

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by zika1(f): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
superior1: Nigeria is a disaster, there is nothing to celebrate
we cnt jst say Nigeria has wasted 54 years u knw. wat bout our achievements? we fail 2 look @ d better side bt rather d ugly. we can all agree corruption is d root of all our problems in d country bt we really jst like putin d whole corruption tin on our leaders 4gettin we re as corrupt ourselves. wen we all as citizens learn 2 stop bribery, jumping queues,rushing and pushing 2 board a bus, littering our streets, try 2 be punctual, learn 2 be polite and other little things, trust me we will almost 4get about d government becos we will start 2 see our country differently. tho we havnt gotten 2 our destination yet, we still are not @ d starting point. we shld always pray 4 d country and play our parts as citizens. #‎positivenigeria
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by AreaFada2: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy birthday 2 independent 9ja!
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by tunde1200(m): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
tdayof: NIGERIA MY COUNTRY
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Ekenev2(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
grin
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Ekenev2(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by NCMD(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
RECUITMENT! RECUITMENT!! RECUITMENT!!!

Massive recuitment currently availiable in the Nigera Custom Marketing Department ,we are expected to recuit Maximum number of 40,000 staffs approximately,interested applicants should please send Cv,s to the nigeria custom marketing head officier on onaiwuchristian@gmail.com, or call 08164016561 Staffs are entitle to accomodation and welfare allowances.

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by George201: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Congratulations on 54 years, Nigeria! You have made tremendous progress, and we are pulling for you! ~U.S.

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Missmossy(f): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Jbluv55:
Happy independence to you and to all Nairalanders. Thanks a lot dear smiley.
Don't mention,its really nothing.

1 Like

Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Missmossy(f): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
herald9:

If we ever forget that we are One
Nation Under God, then we will be a
nation gone under.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE MISSYsmiley
True talk,don't mention its really nothing.
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by ideology(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Nigeria!!!

Celebrating HOPE, POSSIBILITIES, VICTORY, GREATNESS despite the challenges, it gets better.

"Nigeria will only be built by Nigerians"

God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Well, the reason why countries like America, UK and Germany are at the top of the tree is due to these factors.

1.)Look at the history and even the films that are produced in those countries. A good number of those films are about inventors and innovators . Like the film 'A beautiful mind'...which was about the Mathematician John Nash. Recently,Japanese animator Hayao Mizakao (I am a fan of his) produced an animated film about the life of a famous Japanese avaition designer.

In Nigeria....has someone made a film about even a fictional Nigerian inventor?

Point: Countries that glorify inventors will produce more inventors.

2.Most of those countries invest heavily in education. And their education is geared towards producing problem solvers. The education system in Finland for example has practical classes at all levels,(and keeps science class sizes small).In a small school in Quebec, Canada, a group of children learned basic management skills by setting up and running a factory that produced skipping rope(ok...they had help from the parents...and it was not a large building BTW). Even in China...a class of 8 year olds at a school had a small election campaign....as a means of learning about voting and democratic practice.

In Nigeria,we are merely interested in teaching children how to be good clerical staff....and how to pass exams. Even our practicals do not include a means of solving problems in the environment(until you get to university and even then).

Plus...Nigeria does not spend more on techncial education, and a chap who goes to techncial school isw considered a dullard. Meanwhile...it is the technical people who are responsible for economic growth in most countries(Good example...Germany....which was able to come back from the devastation of WW2...because they had the techies).

Point: Nigerian Education does not teach problem solving skills adequately.It just produces clerical staff

3.Our economy in Nigeria is resource dependent. It made sense in the 60's....we would gain revenue from selling raw materials and then use the raw materials to develop our education and supporting infrastructure for industiral growth. That was the idea...until the end of the 1970's.Then we threw that idea away, and became a resource dependent economy. By 1997....96% of our revenues came from oil. Today it is 88-95%.

An oil dependent economy is one that imports and imports....and imports. And imports stifle local industries. And once the local industries are stifled.....jobs are lost and unemployment results. It even becomes unprofitable to run industries (that's why we do not have a strong industrial manufacturing base....who wants to manufacture made in Nigeria radios or cars...when we can import the same things and sell for a hefty profit...that is why Innoson is one of my heroes...and that man must not be allowed to fail). And imports cost a lot of money....which means inflation results. And when oil prices fall....scarcity results (that is why things were hard in the 1980's).

Point: Bushdoc's maxim: Oil dependent societies, unless they have small populations or large ,diversified and primarily industrial economies, cannot ever prosper.

4.Most states in Nigeria prefer to eat oil money, rather than use the resources, human and natural, to develop strong industrial bases. Of course this is the fault of the mindset of most Nigerians....we think that development is recieving our share of the money from Abuja every month. How that money is generated means nothing to us. Our States...with the exception of Lagos, are big drains on our economy. And that is the problem.

States have to start developing...not collecting money from Abuja to award contracts. The road to development starts with education, law and order, strong supporting infrastructure.....and an end to corruption.

5.Corruption thrives in Nigeria because we prefer to share money...rather than to work for it.If we were an industrial society...by default we would work hard for the money....because that is the only way we can get it (And states will be well run., because that is the only way they can attract industries....who will pay a good and hefty tax revenue...which would be used for essential services). But because we are so reliant on oil....we just collect the money and do zero., zilch, nothing.Because we know that the money is comming, regardless of circumstance. Meanwhile, because of the large unemployment caused by Dutch disease economics...it would pay to get close to whoever is in charge of the piggy bank. That is why elections in Nigerian are never peaceful...because it is all about how the money is shared.(By contrast, elections in the developed World are peaceful...because the leaders have to work for the money....it isn't handed to them from their capitals as their share from oil exports....it must be worked for by attracting local and international investors.

The above is some of the reasons why Nigeria, which in the year 1960 was ahead of many South Asian countries....is backward today. We must urgently address these issues if we are to stop crawling. Having another national conference, or granting resource control will not solve these problems....it would merely guarantee their continuation.
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by ADRIC(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
what are they celebrating self? I learnt former vp Atiku, want to be come Nigeria president...hmm mm mm! sir av u forgotten u once rule with former president obasanjo while didn't u change Nigeria den? U Too Like Money... and u president Jonathan well done sir.. u av been in the system for close to 8 years ....eh ya..THE POSITION TOO SWEETIE AB I . ALL OF U ARE NOT FEELING FYN.
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by ADRIC(m): 11:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
what are they celebrating self? I learnt former vp Atiku, want to be come Nigeria president...hmm mm mm! sir av u forgotten u once rule with former president obasanjo while didn't u change Nigeria den? U Too Like Money... and u president Jonathan well done sir.. u av been in the system for close to 8 years ....eh ya..THE POSITION TOO SWEETIE AB I . ALL OF U ARE NOT FEELING FYN.what are they celebrating self? I learnt former vp Atiku, want to be come Nigeria president...hmm mm mm! sir av u forgotten u once rule with former president obasanjo while didn't u change Nigeria den? U Too Like Money... and u president Jonathan well done sir.. u av been in the system for close to 8 years ....eh ya..THE POSITION TOO SWEETIE AB I . ALL OF U ARE NOT FEELING FYN.what are they celebrating self? I learnt former vp Atiku, want to be come Nigeria president...hmm mm mm! sir av u forgotten u once rule with former president obasanjo while didn't u change Nigeria den? U Too Like Money... and u president Jonathan well done sir.. u av been in the system for close to 8 years ....eh ya..THE POSITION TOO SWEETIE AB I . ALL OF U ARE NOT FEELING FYN.
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by ronald4lif(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2014
somcherry: Happy birthday nigeria.
The best is yet to come.
God bless nigeria kiss

Somcherry respond to my mails bikonu
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
MherihGold:
Happy independence day Nigeria. God bless Nigeria smiley ... And happy birthday ma late grandma,words can't qualify how I miss ucry
what's up,
Re: Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 22, 2014
MherihGold:
Happy independence day Nigeria. God bless Nigeria smiley ... And happy birthday ma late grandma,words can't qualify how I miss ucry
hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" / BREAKING: Finally, Senate Passes 2018 Budget Of N9.12tr / Tinubu And Ambode At APC Stakeholders Meeting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.