Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. (54968 Views)

Oluchi, Iman, And Naomi Campbell In Rare Pose! / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by peteofi(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice and lovely pics

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by JustCare: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Memories of the past Nigeria lingers!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Pedestrians walking down the "London and Kano Trading Company". A woman in a red cloth wrapper walks past wearing stylish sunglasses. On the right, a man wearing a white shirt, tie and sunglasses looking dapper, 1961. -lostNigeria

I guess that man and the woman were igbos. That was the reason for the jealousy and rancor which the other tribes started exhibiting which led to the civil war. We too stylish which makes the other tribes hate us

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Captain James Labulo Davies. A London based yoruba millionaire who arrived in (1861) with 16 gold carriages for his wedding to Sarah Forbes Bonetta (The black adopted daughter of Queen Victoria)

Pictures of the 16 gold carriages and the wedding or it is another ofe...nu chest-beating lie!

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by anonimi: 8:09am On Oct 01, 2014
Very nice thread to fill the gap of history that is so badly missing with us today.

A tree without roots will soon die off.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by topearos(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2014
I love this.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Nigerian soldiers leaving Kaduna for a second tour of service with the United Nations in Congo.

This is so emotional. Especially in those days when there was no phone.

I'm a nigga but I can't stand my wife crying in such a condition.

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Infoay: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2014
Great History indeed!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by cupidFlint(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2014
eazzzy1: Nice pictures hail Nigeria, Ibos welcome, Gowon 12-Ojukwu 0 Away. Happy Independence day.
Manchi talk what you know
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: The first Nigerian to declare that 20 man shall fall that day if you cross his lane, he declared it before wizkid. 19 year old Victor uwaifo training and posing at Obalende, near st Gregory's college, Lagos 1960.
up Gregs. #proudly gregorian.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by DebateNigeria: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Original caption: World war II- African recruits learning to speak english at the Engineer training centre, Bukuru Northern Nigeria.
Did anyone notice those two electric poles there (in the first pic)...... Our colonial masters had great plans for us but our leaders destroyed the building and the foundation.....now they are even destroying the soil

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2014
professor Babs fafunwa (1974)

" a people without history, is like an individual without memory which leads to collective amnesia "

I'm happy I'm a Nigerian, happy that I'm alive to witness anoda independence and most of all, happy that I saw this thread on fp.
Long live naija!

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by weyham(m): 8:25am On Oct 01, 2014
When there was nothing like North South West and East.

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by sunnire: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Sweet Nigeria sweet home l love Nija ooooooo

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulabbakar(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2014
These reminds me of the NTA days when Black n White TVs were regning grin

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Richardjemedafe(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2014
OP I HAIL THEE NICE 1...........

I thought all those story was for the gods but now u have convince me wif profs......

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by StreamerBlogger: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2014
DebateNigeria:
Did anyone notice those two electric poles there....... Our colonial masters had great plans for us but our leaders destroyed the building and the foundation.....now they are even destroying the soil
Dose poles r still used in most places.... Nigeria didn't improve atallz o we just detourated

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Joshuadon: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin happy independent naija ...................roughy cyclist nearly won pour me water wen i dey look a lady with naija inde costume
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by DebateNigeria: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks op.
Those pics changed my Independence Day mood. Nigeria was designed to be great.... But here we are struggling to be what we were over 54yrs ago

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by nwaobitex: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2014
beautiful naija
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by TeetoEsq(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice work!!!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by ibdeals1(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Cathedral Church of Christ Lagos, 1974.

shocked shocked doesnt look like lagos at all

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by roufy235(m): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2014
nice one
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by CoretGistBlog(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2014
See as naija been fine b4...
Corruption don spill we naija finish..

Happy Independence sha

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by mecussey(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2014
Vessi: LMAO. At first pic, they all wore the same hat Goodluck Johny currently wears.
@ Second pic, man this is typical example of revolution, even street touts now dress better than the princes and princesses of this Duke of then.
But his idea of putting a crown on another is funnny as shiit.

Typical African grin

Very Stup*d..
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2014
mecussey:

Very Stup*d..
who cares? grin
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Moschy(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2014
Glory be to almighty God for today in Nigeria history
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Britzdon(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Policemen at the Ilorin railway station in the 1910s with no shoes.
grin grin grin see police nah
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Bimpe29: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Having gone down the memory lane, I beseech God to bless Nigerians & Nigeria, keep us united, guide our Leaders right, help our Youth and let the prosperity come our ways at all times ameen.

Happy Independence Day.

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by ddeola: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Hmm...Photography is recording forever what one sees for a moment. wink
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by nkenu(m): 9:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice pics in history
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by sunnire: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2014
weyham: When there was nothing like North South West and East.
The live in peace love and cherish oneanother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jim Iyke And Rosaline Meurer Wed In "Yoruba Demons" (Photos) / Photo: Olamide And Di’ja Look Cool Together! What Do You Think? / Prince Harry Speaks From The Heart: 'I Want You To Hear The Truth From Me'