Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" (1691 Views)

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) / UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch / Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by BenjaminAhia007: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2014
My name is Benjamin Ahia. I am a 22 year old extra year physics student of university of lagos. I just launched a website “kilonhappen.com”. The website is used to find out what is happening around the world. Local news, International news, Lagos traffic report,Health news, Football news, Arsenal F.C news, Manchester F.C news, Chelsea F.C news are some of the things you will find on the website. After reading this post, visit kilonhappen.com.

I decided to write a bit about myself so that somebody reading this will be inspired. I may not have gone to where I wanted to go but I ended up where I intended to be. I did not graduate with my coursemates when I was supposed to. This was quite painful. However , when I look back, I am grateful that I had as much as 11 carryovers during the first four years I spent in the university of lagos. Note that 11 carryovers means that I failed 11 courses. I am not trying to give an excuse for my so called “failure”. My failures were blessings in disguise. They made me see life in a different view. They made me meet with destiny and like Sulie Breaks, I can now say that a person often meets his destiny on the same road he took to avoid it. My failures made me learn programming. My failures made me develop KilonHappen.com. My failures is making you read my story.

I had a 4.2 grade point in the first semester of my first year in university and I had a 0.8 grade point in the second semester of my second year in the university. I was put on probation. I was almost sent out of school.I figured out that the reason why I failed was not because I was dull. I had good grades in High School and in my First year in University. The reason why I failed was because I lost focus. I did not attend all my classes like I did in the first year in university. I did not do all my assignments. Please do not ask me why. After I failed, I realised that focus is one of the keys to success. In whatever you do, just remain focused. In your studies,business and in all your endeavours, if you do not want to fail like I did, remain focused on your set goals.

Another lesson failure taught me is that I should not let other people's opinion about me be my reality. When I failed, people had various negative opinions about me but I did not define my worth based on their opinions. Never let other people's opinion about you be your reality.

It is not all about failing, it is about rising up after failure. I have realised that nobody cares how many times you failed but the world celebrates you when you succeed. If you haved failed at all just remember, failure is a steping stone to success. Do not let any failure irrespective of the amount of time it happens to stop you from achieving your dreams.

Thank you for reading.

Right now just visit kilonhappen.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by Bimpe29: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Failure is never a disease, rather it is a platform to know better. Good that, you have learnt the lesson it (Failure) teaches accordingly.
Re: 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by ogoplus: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice one!
Re: 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by CodeHouse: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fine but why the long talk on failure, failure..uffffffff! So much failure in your post, I had to force myself to read it all! undecided

And don't tell me you failed because of the site you designed? I checked your site and something, somewhere isn't just in place, you still have so much to work on..Keep at it! You will get there soon
Re: 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by Kangol99(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Visit http://younginfopreneurs. for your free money making ebooks
Re: 22 Year-old Unilag Extra-year Student Launches "Kilonhappen.com" by BenjaminAhia007: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
@codehouse i did not fail because of the website i built,the idea of the article is to inspire people who have probably failed ,letting them see that they can rise up after failing

(1) (Reply)

E-NAIRA The Nigeria Awaited CBDC, My Review / Free It Materials For Mcse,mcsa,mcp, Ccna, Ccie, Pmp, A+, N+, Web Design & Dev / Bright Explosion On Moon Visible From Earth, NASA Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.