Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) (26885 Views)

Elon Musk Fires World's Most Powerful Rocket And A Tesla Roadster To Mars / This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. / Nasa Scientists:we Can Get To Mars In 3days With Photonic Propulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:14am On Mar 14, 2016
Picture credits:
http://spaceflight101.com/exomars/exomars-mission-illustrations/

Today is an exciting day as a new Probe is joining the Mars frontier...

The ExoMars 2016 mission is short for Exobiology Mars and is tasked with looking for evidence of life on Mars. It consists of the TGO and Schiaparelli module. The TGO will look for traces of methane in the Martian atmosphere with an eye on learning more about the mechanism that produces it and to determine if this is geological, chemical, or biological. It will also send back images of the Martian surface and search for subsurface ice deposits.

The new rover is on a mission to further probe into the Martian surface for organic signatures (evidence of life) Microbes and colonies of microbes that may be lurking somewhere beneath the surface of the red planet.

That is an exciting possibility and a stepping stone to mankind's quest for extra-terrestrial life forms..

The ExoMars has been launched on a 7 months Journey to the red planet ... Let us go through the stages it will under go on it's journey to Mars..

[img]http://blogs.esa.int/rocketscience/files/2016/03/Schiaparelli_separating_from_Trace_Gas_Orbiter.jpg[/img]

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Mar 14, 2016

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by geesilver(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2016
science and technology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:27am On Mar 14, 2016
The ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter is loaded on an Antonov An-124 transport
plane in Turin, Italy. Credit: Thales Alenia Space...

the components were transported in 3 heavy duty airplanes to the launch site..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
1. ExoMars on launch Pad ready for launching.

2. Lift off... Launch was successful... We will be seeing her in Mars in 7months time

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2016
The mission comprises the Trace Gas Orbiter and an entry, descent and landing demonstrator module, Schiaparelli, which are scheduled to be launched on a four-stage Proton-M/Breeze-M rocket from Baikonur during the 14–25 March 2016 window.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for the information man. You would have added tonto to it

2 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2016
In 10 hours after launch the space craft will separate from the rocket, this will be right above the earth's atmosphere..

[img]http://m.esa.int/var/esa/storage/images/esa_multimedia/images/2016/02/exomars_2016_fairing_release/15821980-1-eng-GB/ExoMars_2016_fairing_release_highlight_mob.jpg[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2016
Nice pictures Johnydon22.

I read somewhere that, the astronauts that will be going to Planet Mars, shall never come back on earth. Is it true or misinformation? I was like, who is gonna accept to leave earth forever, as a young man/woman? shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
It is possible that there may be some PLANTS adapting to the conditions in mars, but there isn't any animal on mars. If aliens existed in mars, we would have discovered them, or they, discover us sooner than now.

Aliens may exist, but maybe in a planet too far from ours.

How I wish teleportation code could be cracked.
This is the only possible way to knowing for sure if we're alone or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
Geofavor:
It is possible that there may be some PLANTS adapting to the conditions in mars, but there isn't any animal on mars. If aliens existed in mars, we would have discovered them, or they, discover us sooner than now.

Aliens may exist, but maybe in a planet too far from ours.

How I wish teleportation code could be cracked.
This is the only possible way to knowing for sure if we're alone or not.
you never can tell mate. just recently, the people living in the island of papua never believed that there is life beyond their horizon. aliens maybe in our backyard but not in the form we want them to be or we might be the aliens that invaded this planet. maybe what we call animals are the original owners of this planet. We are way too advanced to be associated with them. [quote author=LoJ post=43759375]Nice pictures Johnydon22.
I read somewhere that, the astronauts that will be going to Planet Mars, shall never come back on earth. Is it true or misinformation? I was

5 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Trace Gas Orbiter deploys it's Solar arrays and high gain antena 2 weeks after launch and the probe stays on a 7 months drift towards the Red planet..

Components of the Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO)

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
jmichlins:
you never can tell mate. just recently, the people living in the island of papua never believed that there is life beyond their horizon. aliens maybe in our backyard but not in the form we want them to be or we might be the aliens that invaded this planet. maybe what we call animals are the original owners of this planet. We are way too advanced to be associated with them.
naah. So, what you're trying to say is that humans probably came from another planet? Not at all!
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by jmichlins(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
Geofavor:

naah. So, what you're trying to say is that humans probably came from another planet? Not at all!
well in science you open your mind to every possibility. Was watching a science documentary about life on earth that got me thinking wide and you do know that plants and animals came before mankind both in the holy books and evolution

5 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
7 months later, 16 October 2016... Right before the red planet, Schaparelli which is a compartment containing the Mars Rover separates from the Trace Gas Orbiter probe for a descent into Mars..

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
The remainder of Trace Gas Orbiter takes an Orbit around Mars for atmospheric readings while Schaperelli makes a descent and landing into the Martian Surface..

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
and then the schaperelli also called EDM (Entry, descent and landing demonstrator module)..

Lands on the Martian surface and the New Rover wheels out to begin exploration of the Martian surface along side the older rovers Curiosity and Opportunity Rovers..

With the coming ExoMars mission in 2018 and the deep research that will be carried out deep down the martian surface.. The question

-Is there life on Mars?

May yet be answered in a decades time as these recent probes are tasked with the objective of drilling into martian surface for traces of organic signatures...

Picture credits:
http://spaceflight101.com/exomars/exomars-mission-illustrations/

m.esa.int..

3 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Cc. Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:
Nice pictures Johnydon22.

I read somewhere that, the astronauts that will be going to Planet Mars, shall never come back on earth. Is it true or misinformation? I was like, who is gonna accept to leave earth forever, as a young man/woman? shocked

It is speculated that the 2030's will see the first set of humans in Mars and yes many people are ready and ever willing to go on that One way trip to the red planet.

Up to 100,000 candidates volunteered for the MarsOne mission ..

I don't mind going if i am going with my crush forever Rihanna grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:

It is speculated that the 2030's will see the first set of humans in Mars and yes many people are ready and ever willing to go on that One way trip to the red planet.

Up to 100,000 candidates volunteered for the MarsOne mission ..

I don't mind going if i am going with my crush forever Rihanna grin
Let you bae not read that grin I'm told she is on nairaland.

You may end up with Hulk grin

6 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
jmichlins:
well in science you open your mind to every possibility. Was watching a science documentary about life on earth that got me thinking wide and you do know that plants and animals came before mankind both in the holy books and evolution
while science hasn't been able to paint a clear picture of how the earth came into existence, it has been able to prove that most of the organisms living in it EVOLVED from pre-existing organisms.
Even the bible doesn't support your notion. Tell me, how is it possible that humans came from some other planets when we've been around since times when there was nothing like technology?

How did the people get here from other planets? Which device did they have then that flew them here?

2 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
jmichlins:
you never can tell mate. just recently, the people living in the island of papua never believed that there is life beyond their horizon. aliens maybe in our backyard but not in the form we want them to be or we might be the aliens that invaded this planet. maybe what we call animals are the original owners of this planet. We are way too advanced to be associated with them.
Geofavor:

I have read something like that on one book called Earth's Mysteries asserts man came from another planet i think Mars as found in an ancient stone slab (we came from the red one in a flying boat).. But that is a wild twist and is unsupported by evidences.

-Humans and Animals in this planet shows physical similarities and so cannot be extra-terrestrial from each other..

(Scientifically any complex life that may exist beyond earth cannot possess the same Physical signature as the one on earth..

But most life on earth share this similarities... 2 eyes on top, nose in the middle and mouth below, limbs and etc..)

-DNA similarities suggest a more close relationship between humans and other inhabitants of this planets and not an extra-terrestrial one.

There is nothing known scientifically that makes humans any more different biologically to other animals as an alien life form should..

When we talk about life outside this planet, we are not really expecting a complex or intelligent life form rather simple mircrobile life forms that is enough.

Complex life forms are not the number one priority now but at least an organic signature of a microbile colony or something..

The universe is a vast arena ..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by ValerianSteel(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
The world needs a new form of energy to make space travel faster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:
Let you bae not read that grin I'm told she is on nairaland.
You may end up with Hulk grin
Hahahahahahahaha ... As long as she doesn't murder my asss cheesy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Laser beam propulsion can transport a probe to Mars in 3 days... The technology is still at infancy that it can only be achieved with a very small object but with further developments it may spell the future of solar system explorations.

2 Likes

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Geofavor(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:

I have read something like that on one book called Earth's Mysteries asserts man came from another planet i think Mars as found in an ancient stone slab (we came from the red one in a flying boat).. But that is a wild twist and is unsupported by evidences.

-Humans and Animals in this planet shows physical similarities and so cannot be extra-terrestrial from each other..

(Scientifically any complex life that may exist beyond earth cannot possess the same Physical signature as the one on earth..

But most life on earth share this similarities... 2 eyes on top, nose in the middle and mouth below, limbs and etc..)

-DNA similarities suggest a more close relationship between humans and other inhabitants of this planets and not an extra-terrestrial one.

There is nothing known scientifically that makes humans any more different biologically to other animals as an alien life form should..

When we talk about life outside this planet, we are not really expecting a complex or intelligent life form rather simple mircrobile life forms that is enough.

Complex life forms are not the number one priority now but at least an organic signature of a microbile colony or something..

The universe is a vast arena ..
True.
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Feraz(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:
NASA is working on so many energy form for faster space travel and shorter trip time. SLS, Ion propulsion and what Johnydon22 (long time BTW) said - laser beam propulsion.

I even wonder when warp drive will become feasible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
WHILE SOME RACES ARE BUSY EXPLORING THE WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE...
SOME AFRICAN SHITHOLES AINT GOT STEADY POWER SUPPLY.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by menesheh(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:
Today is an exciting day as a new Probe is joining the Mars frontier...

The ExoMars 2016 mission is short for Exobiology Mars and is tasked with
looking for evidence of life on Mars. It consists of the TGO and Schiaparelli
module. The TGO will look for traces of methane in the Martian atmosphere
with an eye on learning more about the mechanism that produces it and to
determine if this is geological, chemical, or biological. It will also send back
images of the Martian surface and search for subsurface ice deposits.

The new rover is on a mission to further probe into the Martian surface for organic signatures (evidence of life) Microbes and colonies of microbes that may be lurking somewhere beneath the surface of the red planet.

That is an exciting possibility and a stepping stone to mankind's quest for extra-terrestrial life forms..

The ExoMars has been launched on a 7 months Journey to the red planet ... Let us go through the stages it will under go on it's journey to Mars..

[img]http://blogs.esa.int/rocketscience/files/2016/03/Schiaparelli_separating_from_Trace_Gas_Orbiter.jpg[/img]

I don't understand why Mars Rover took a whopping 8yrs or so to reach its destination while there is this estimation of only 7 months for this one.
Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
menesheh:

I don't understand why Mars Rover took a whopping 8yrs or so to reach its destination while there is this estimation of only 7 months for this one.

The curiosity lander took 253 days to reach Mars boss... that's like 8 months and not years..

(duration depends on speed of probe)

1 Like

Re: New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) by ValerianSteel(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:

Laser beam propulsion can transport a probe to Mars in 3 days... The technology is still at infancy that it can only be achieved with a very small object but with further developments it may spell the future of solar system explorations.
Yeah I know about the laser beam technology.I believe it's achievable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES / Meet Nkemdilim Begho, The Reason Why Every Woman Must Learn How To Code / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.