Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) (22319 Views)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / I Need Someone To Teach Me Yoruba Badly (2) (3) (4)

Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hi peeps am a Nothern dude I love all d naija tribes especially Yoruba so if u ar interested in learning u are welcome teachers too are welcome.
LETS START
AfricanApple I Ina jiran ki mu fara

Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mazda maze ne?

well well, u may want to adopt d system I was using. list out the words u want to know and I translate
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok busy now but let me post some few

How are u
Whats your name
Thank u
where are u

well thats all i can think of for now but i think it might b heavy (u ar d teacher tho)i should av started with small words bfor sentences.so what do u think?
U can as well start from what ever u like d only thing i kno in Yoruba is ekaro-goodmorning not sure tho so u can start teachin me from words e.g
The
He
Boy
Girl e.t.c
and d likes thats if u have d time.
THANKSS
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
rapzino
eldovido
kuzo ku koyi yoruba
AfricanApple inna fatta baki manta da ni ba ??
exjoker shigo kaima
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Rapzino: 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: rapzino
eldovido
kuzo ku koyi yoruba
AfricanApple inna fatta baki manta da ni ba ??
exjoker shigo kaima
toh naji
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
ina mallama AfricanApple take ne??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: ok busy now but let me post some few
How are u-- bawo ni

Whats your name--- kini oruko e (for mate) mini oruko yin (for elder)

Thank u--- oshey ( for your mate) eshey (for your elder)

where are u-- nibo lo wa (for mate) nibo lewa (for elder)

well thats all i can think of for now but i think it might b heavy (u ar d teacher tho)i should av started with small words bfor sentences.so what do u think?
U can as well start from what ever u like d only thing i kno in Yoruba is ekaro-goodmorning not sure tho so u can start teachin me from words e.g
The
He
Boy-- omo okurin
Girl e.t.c-- omo obirin
and d likes thats if u have d time.
THANKSS
ka ya kauri, ina jira mention naka ne ai

here are a list of things
aro-- morning
oson-- afternoon
shibi-- spoon
igbale-- broom
asho-- cloth
bata-- shoe
omi-- water
oju-- eye
imu-- nose
enu-- mouth
owoh-- hand
ese-- leg
idi--

ikun-- stomach
eyin--back
oyon---

ewa-- beans
iresi-- rice
ishu-- yam
oson-- orange
ogede-- banana/plantain

owo-- money

some words
duro-- stop
dakeh-- keep quiet
erin-- laughter
ewah-- beauty

Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
AfricanApple: ka ya kauri, ina jira mention naka ne ai

here are a list of things
aro-- morning
oson-- afternoon
shibi-- spoon
igbale-- broom
asho-- cloth
bata-- shoe
omi-- water
oju-- eye
imu-- nose
enu-- mouth
owoh-- hand
ese-- leg
idi--

ikun-- stomach
eyin--back
oyon---

ewa-- beans
iresi-- rice
ishu-- yam
oson-- orange
ogede-- banana/plantain

owo-- money

some words
duro-- stop
dakeh-- keep quiet
erin-- laughter
ewah-- beauty
ok tanx i wanted to say thank u in yoruba but i no see any of d words.
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: ok tanx i wanted to say thank u in yoruba but i no see any of d words.
check it, its there.
I'm waiting for u to tell me
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
AfricanApple: check it, its there.
I'm waiting for u to tell me
lol i cant see it ma'am
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by barackodam: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: lol i cant see it ma'am

Check the third one.

Kaare Africanapple wink
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
weldone
thank u
u ar welcome
TRANSLATE wanna use em now@mallama AfricanApple
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
barackodam:

Check the third one.

Kaare Africanapple wink
but d 3rd one na broom nah or are u talking to mah teacher??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Cherez: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
I am Igbo, I wanna learn too.
Grateful for this non-tribalistic, non-hating trend.
ESE gan, africanapple

Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by barackodam: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: but d 3rd one na broom nah or are u talking to mah teacher??

Ooh no wonder.. .check the quote, she answered you in the quote
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cherez: I am Igbo, I wanna learn too.
ESE gan, africanapple
u are welcome bro i love naija and all d languages most esp Yoruba and Igbo u can teach me igbo too
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: lol i cant see it ma'am
is like u didn't see where i translated d words u listed out urselve. check ur words where I quoted u
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
barackodam:

Check the third one.

Kaare Africanapple wink
oshey jare Como iya

Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: weldone-- eku ishe (your elder) Ku ishe (ur mate) / kaare (did can only be used for your mate)
thank u-- I told i've written did before
u ar welcome--- there is no such in Yoruba. u simply say ooo
TRANSLATE wanna use em now@mallama AfricanApple
now d way ovtranslated dis one is d way I did d first one
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cherez: I am Igbo, I wanna learn too.
ESE gan, africanapple
u are highly welcome.

pay your fees and start listing out your words
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
AfricanApple: now d way ovtranslated dis one is d way I did d first one
very sorry ma'am ki yi hankuri I didn't read that I thout u just quoted me
BTW oshey. wink
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Aro to everybody in d house,bawo Ni ??
hope u all doing great?
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Exjoker(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Aro everybody
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Exjoker: Aro everybody
lol dude aro ,bawo Ni??

AfricanApple babu lessons yau ne??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: lol dude aro ,bawo Ni??

AfricanApple babu lessons yau ne??
akwai fa ama ban lokaci yanzu n rubuta magana
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: very sorry ma'am ki yi hankuri I didn't read that I thout u just quoted me
BTW oshey. wink
what? Me oshey? didn't I tell u oshey is used for your mate?
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
AfricanApple: akwai fa ama ban lokaci yanzu n rubuta magana
ok baa damuwa anytime
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: ok baa damuwa anytime
its now I'm seeing it dat dis is yoruba class, tot us hausaland.

gimme like an hour, I will write something
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
AfricanApple: what? Me oshey? didn't I tell u oshey is used for your mate?
lol I forgot u were my teacher eshey.
eku ishe cheesy
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
AfricanApple: its now I'm seeing it dat did ina Yoruba class, tot us hausaland.

no P will b waiting
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by herald9: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
AfricanApple: its now I'm seeing it dat dis is yoruba class, tot us hausaland.

are you multilingual?

Thought I saw you spitting hausa in one of those threads
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Exjoker: Aro everybody
wet in be aro again

Oba Akiolu At Colchester For Grandson Graduation (photo) / Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls?