Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash (4634 Views)

Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash? / Please Advice About Auctionexport.com And Salvage Cars! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello everyone, please i really want own a car wash but do not know the necessary things to get to make my own car wash very different from other people's own.
I want you people to help me out by telling what to buy. I want my car wash to be able to do a great job.
Advices, suggestions and proposals are welcomed.
Thanks.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello kessygirl,
To open a car wash you need the following:

1. A good open space where cars can be parked. The land should be gently slopped so as to aid quick and easy flow of water into drainages channels, the land can either be finished with coarse concrete screed or granite stone chippings so as to prevent soil staining the car tyres and making the whole environment look messy.
2. You need a source of constant water supply. Either an over head tank, a borehole, a public water supply pipe.
3. You need a hose to fit the tap and the pressure washer.
4. Pressure washer with liquid soap bottle, lance gun and adjustable spray gun end (Generator type)
5. You need either a household vacuum cleaner or portable cartype vacuum cleaner.
6. Power supply to power some power tools ( diesel generator or PHCN)
You need *detergents*, *car waxes*, *deodorants* *polishes*, brush, soft microfibre clothes (for cloth seats), foam for leather seats, and soft cotton clothes or specially made carbody wash rags, buckets, a tent with seats, you could also include a small cafe or kiosk for light refreshment (snacks and chilled drinks)

NB: I put this * mark on items which I consider optional because some people are sensitive to chemicals so seek their permission and approval before you use these chemicals.
Also, some customers might tend to favour a particular brand of car care item over others, and some materials might be to harsh for some car finishes both exterior and/or interior.

Hope this help?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Your need reliable trustworthy staff, that are trained on how to wash not just the car but the engine so they don't drag you into unnecessary litigation for damaging a customers car during/after a wash. (I'm talking water getting into electrical components)

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Lomomike, thanks for the info. But where can i get those stuffs in Lagos.
@Gazzuzz thanks also cos it is an important information, but do yo think there are trained engine washers or rather car washers out there?
Thanks y'all for the info.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its good to note that kessygirl is observing her thread's progress. The First comment I posted Is possible if you have good financial support. If you don't, you can start from somewhere at least. What's important is that you started something.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
kessygirl: @Lomomike, thanks for the info. But where can i get those stuffs in Lagos.
@Gazzuzz thanks also cos it is an important information, but do yo think there are trained engine washers or rather car washers out there?

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't reside in lagos. But you can inquire where established car wash people get their tools from. Its not necessary to buy them all brand new and make purchases at once especially if you are working with a relatively slim budget. What you need to do is ask where 'belgium' car wash machines are sold in Lagos, you can also get a trusted car wash man with you to select genuine durable products.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thank you. I have been saving up for this. And here in Benin Republic, Cotonou to be precised, there are so many car wash around. Now before entering into the market, i need to have a leverage over them. That is, i have to offer something special to the clients out there. But what is that thing ? I don't know yet.
I have wriiten down all that yo listed and will buy them as soon as i get to Nigeria.
Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
lomomike: Hello kessygirl,
To open a car wash you need the following:

1. A good open space where cars can be parked. The land should be gently slopped so as to aid quick and easy flow of water into drainages channels, the land can either be finished with coarse concrete screed or granite stone chippings so as to prevent soil staining the car tyres and making the whole environment look messy.
2. You need a source of constant water supply. Either an over head tank, a borehole, a public water supply pipe.
3. You need a hose to fit the tap and the pressure washer.
4. Pressure washer with liquid soap bottle, lance gun and adjustable spray gun end (Generator type)
5. You need either a household vacuum cleaner or portable cartype vacuum cleaner.
6. Power supply to power some power tools ( diesel generator or PHCN)
You need *detergents*, *car waxes*, *deodorants* *polishes*, brush, soft microfibre clothes (for cloth seats), foam for leather seats, and soft cotton clothes or specially made carbody wash rags, buckets, a tent with seats, you could also include a small cafe or kiosk for light refreshment (snacks and chilled drinks)

NB: I put this * mark on items which I consider optional because some people are sensitive to chemicals so seek their permission and approval before you use these chemicals.
Also, some customers might tend to favour a particular brand of car care item over others, and some materials might be to harsh for some car finishes both exterior and/or interior.

Hope this help?

Check my bolded quote you need those items, you need advert banners and sign posts, plus you need very good manners, smiling face
But most importantly, you need to make customers very satisfied. These would bring them back always.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
kessygirl: @Lomomike, thanks for the info. But where can i get those stuffs in Lagos.

Every tool you need is availible (tokumbor and new)in warehouses in ladipo(near mushin) in lagos I saw a lot of them there on my last trip to lagos.

As for the training as lomomike said find some one who has been long in the business and he can train your intended staff on the do's and donts in the car wash business.

P.s when going to ladipo please wear rain boots and clothes that you will not vex if they get permenent stains.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its true oooooooo, didn't even think of refreshment. Thanks very much for your advice. Will start working on it.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is one of the business I intend to open in Nigeria as a franchise.

Don't be discouraged as you are making plans, it is very lucrative if done properly and done with a business sense backed by customer service.

Good luck.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
On a lighter note you go taya for customers with this kind of service grin grin [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXaPRFxfwCY0542GGvAW4zqv7E_TmPhNEXajidD1z5HIlG_u9YQLOKBK2iuw[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Add a well stocked fridge with beer cold beer and snacks.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Another thing again, can you do sharwama, pies, fries, point and kill grilled barbecue chicken and/or fish close by (those men that carries little girls around will spend some good amount of money when they carry those little ladies with them in the name of washing their cars grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kart042000(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
For pressure washers, i know you can get them at alaba and aswani market. while you can sell air fresheners to customers, you get those at trade fair as well.
If you want to stand out, i would advice you to do a little more research on claying, polishing, glazing and waxing. The materials are expensive, therefore you need t know your target market and ensure they can afford the extra beauty given to their vehicles.
You might want to include some free services such as polishing customer shoes for free. Selling asun and shawama. You need to ensure the location is not a sandy area, because i know benin republic is very sandy outside the ecowas main road.
PM me for more tips. setting one up too.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2014
Thank you all for your kind advice. I think i will first of all seek out for an expert in that, but should i put him on salary or just percentage?
As for the equipments, i will try and buy them by this month end.
As for the sharwama, people plenty wey dey do am so instead i will go with healthy sandwich with drinks, point and kill for my Nigerian brothers that are here.

I am also thinking of recruiting ladies to do the washing as per making my own different. What do you all think?

@gazzuzz, kart042000, lomomike(u get plenty business sense), CityNG, cne010, thanks for the advice.

Will keep you all posted.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2014
kessygirl: Thank you all for your kind advice. I think i will first of all seek out for an expert in that, but should i put him on salary or just percentage?
As for the equipments, i will try and buy them by this month end.
As for the sharwama, people plenty wey dey do am so instead i will go with healthy sandwich with drinks, point and kill for my Nigerian brothers that are here.

I am also thinking of recruiting ladies to do the washing as per making my own different. What do you all think?

@gazzuzz, kart042000, lomomike(u get plenty business sense), CityNG, cne010, thanks for the advice.

Will keep you all posted.

Not everyone do things for monetary gains, some folks do things because they feel blessed adding value to peoples life. But its important you still ask the expert if he's doing it free or for a fee.

@ business sense, na hustle we dey for Naija na me sef dey hustle. You can check my signature sef for proof of hustling cheesy
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
One more thing, if there's an association of car washers in your locality join them. If there's none, you good to go. Lemme give you some other cheats.

If folks charge 1,000 naira per full engine and body wash, you do 800 naira when you start and keep this fee for 4 months before bouncing to 1,000 naira. You can also do flyers and hand bills, complimentary cards. When you're done washing, hand the handbill or complimentary card to your customers and others you see. You can also do a promo like when a customer brings 5 people, he gets 2 free washes.

This is a good idea but can cause rivalry and enemity between you and other car washers.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't buy the idea of using girls only car washing is a serious business involves lots of work especially when the car is very dirty I don't see that as a ladies job. Ladies washing car should be a fun thingy mostly in movies to raise money for charity.

Or you can employ girls to do cars that don't require too much work that could also work to attract some Yansh loving men all na business.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2014
@cne010, lol! Ok i thought that would make a difference but i still don't see it as only a man's job. Remember the saying 'what a man can do, a woman can do better' but notwithstanding will consider what you said.
Thanks very much.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2014
Please who knows if they have this invisible wiper in Nigeria.

My fellow friends, i have gotten a land where to erect a lil building for my car wash. Will update the pix as soon as the construction begins. Thank you all for your contributions and support.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2014
kessygirl:
Please who knows if they have this invisible wiper in Nigeria.

My fellow friends, i have gotten a land where to erect a lil building for my car wash. Will update the pix as soon as the construction begins. Thank you all for your contributions and support.

You got mail from me
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by FADEO: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
please, i have been planning to start a car wash biz in Port Harcourt too. i am still in search for a good location to use. I will just like to know what I should budget for this business with all the major stuffs listed above.

thank you so much.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
lomomike:

You got mail from me

Yea, thank you very much for your support. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
kessygirl:

Yea, thank you very much for your support. God bless you.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by kessygirl(f): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Please does anyone know the price of tokunbo hydraulic lift.
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by awule: 1:10pm On May 18, 2016
This high pressure water gun is an ideal for car vehicle cleaning, etc.

Designed with high pressure

Water pressure adjustable

Good material, the pipe is flexible even in winter

Quick response to work

Easy to install

Weight: 420g

The joint diameter: 3cm to faucet, 2.5cm to water gun
http://bethelmendels.com.ng/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=316&search=car+wash+hose
BETHELMENDELS INT'L LTD
08036911296, 07065804088
27 ATUNIKE OLABANJI STREET, OFF JOHN OLUGBO STREET, THROUGH UNITY ROAD IKEJA-LAGOS

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by awule: 1:11pm On May 18, 2016
CAR WASH HOSE
This high pressure water gun is an ideal for car vehicle cleaning, etc.

Designed with high pressure

Water pressure adjustable

Good material, the pipe is flexible even in winter

Quick response to work

Easy to install

Weight: 420g

The joint diameter: 3cm to faucet, 2.5cm to water gun
http://bethelmendels.com.ng/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=316&search=car+wash+hose
BETHELMENDELS INT'L LTD
08036911296, 07065804088
27 ATUNIKE OLABANJI STREET, OFF JOHN OLUGBO STREET, THROUGH UNITY ROAD IKEJA-LAGOS

Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by babytejiri(m): 1:58am On Mar 31, 2017
zpkl'
Re: Please I Need Advice About Opening A Car Wash by cardoctor(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2019
Talk to the experts and the best in the business of car cleaning in the entire Nigeria. Purchase a franchise and watch your investment grow.

Visit FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES link on our signature website below.

(1) (Reply)

Chrysler Car / Current State Of Lagos-benin Expressway - (pictures) / Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.