Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (20868 Views)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by dnative(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2014
Oja oyingbo!

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by PastorOluT(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2014
onatisi: it is obvious that members of the nff don't want keshi anymore , now some member or players in his team too are not on good terms with him . And I am sure that there will be many more players in the super eagles team that doesn't like keshi . There is a problem somewhere and we can't keep on ignoring the fact that keshi public relations isn't very good . I don't think the nff will renew his contract,they may likely use the scarcity of funds or make a clause that unless he qualifies for the next nations cup they won't sign him .keshi is fast losing the goodwill he once enjoyed

If u ask me he brought it upon himself, though he was lucky the first time (winning the nations cup), bt the world cup betrayed his accurate abilities so its fair enough to kick him out (remember the game is all about result).

Keshi was never good enough tactically n it is affecting rhema boys, Siasia was far better though he was set up n bundled out.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2014
PastorOluT:

If u ask me he brought it upon himself, though he was lucky the first time (winning the nations cup), bt the world cup betrayed his accurate abilities so its fair enough to kick him out (remember the game is all about result).

Keshi was never good enough tactically n it is affecting rhema boys, Siasia was far better though he was set up n bundled out.

Question is set up and bundled out by who?

THE PLAYERS!

The same players that pick issues with every coach. Who knows if they are busy trying to set Keshi up too with their lackluster approach to games.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by mechanics(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2014
Begonia: That's what true fans do. They support and constructively criticize. If he can't handle that then maybe he should take a walk!

EDITED: op, why didn't you put the full story before? So it was actually Keshi he was referring to. I'm not surprised. Keshi is so bad at managing his players. He's always having problems with one player or the other. NFF had better do something about this egomaniac. Osaze, IK Uche, now Emenike. The problem is obviously Keshi not the players!
dats true, Keshi is a cameleon, wen a player does well, he stil use dat player, wen dat player does nt perform well, he abandons d player, or mayb because he discover dem he can use n abandon dem, i disagree wit keshi 4 abandoning Victor Moses, dis a prolific player dat can cause upset to d national team, Keshi keeps fighting one player or d oda, i hp NFF we see to dis attitude of coaches, i just pray we qualify.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2014
PastorOluT:

although I will give keshi a pat on the back for giving home based players enough chance and opportunity in his team
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by ddeola: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Those who started the mafia will always be hunted by their past
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by PastorOluT(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2014
dabossman:

Question is set up and bundled out by who?

THE PLAYERS!

The same players that pick issues with every coach. Who knows if they are busy trying to set Keshi up too with their lackluster approach to games.

Nah, by nff, though some players joined in the conspiracy.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by abatically(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2014
mechanics: dats true, Keshi is a cameleon, wen a player does well, he stil use dat player, wen dat player does nt perform well, he abandons d player, or mayb because he discover dem he can use n abandon dem, i disagree wit keshi 4 abandoning Victor Moses, dis a prolific player dat can cause upset to d national team, Keshi keeps fighting one player or d oda, i hp NFF we see to dis attitude of coaches, i just pray we qualify.

So he should keep playing moses even when he is match rusty huh. Same people will complain that keshi should give others a chance.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by baski92(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2014
No body give a fvck.... Hmm fada may him dey go
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2014
abatically:

Only u reason here. That dude has dropped form since afcon success. Now he feels he is big and he's even no longer a team player, shooting when he should have passed and making a useless run when he should shoot.

No doubt he had a good afcon and won the heart of many Nigerians, but since he came back he has been poo really. Even at the world cup, his body language towards players like Ramon azeez and babatunde shows he is very proud and thinks the team is all about him. Our opening game against Iran is a good example. That evil look on azeez when he misplaced a pass. And then he had an argument with babatunde and others in subsequent matches. Abeg make him quit if he want. Terrific player but bad attitude.
The op didnt post the complete story.Here's d pther part:-

Emenike has not scored for Nigeria since October last year, and that has raised questions over his commitment to the national team, but he has insisted he has been firing blanks because the chances are not being created for him again.
"At the World Cup, I played every role, of course my role is to stay in front and score goals, but in a situation where chances were not coming, it will be difficult for any striker to score," he explained.

"I am not a magician, I just laugh at some people who talk about my commitment in terms of goals. The right issue has not been addressed. At the Nations Cup, I scored goals because the chances were created and I also fought to score goals. I will score goals when the ball comes out from the right channels.
"I am never bothered by the critics, they have forgotten that form is a temporary situation, but class is always there for life, so I am not bothered.

“My commitment is always like previously, but things need to get better."
I agree with emenike on this.He aint no magician.when theres no creativity in the team,it would be hard for him to score.though he didnt score at d world cup,he was one of our most important players.Who created d goals we scored at d world cup ?.We scored 3 goals,emenike created 2 out of the 3.
Due to lack of supplies and creativity from d midfielders,emenike who is supposed to be d finisher,takes up d creative responsibilities.
also its wrong to say emenike didn't perform after afcon.Emenike almost single-handedly qualified us for d world cup.Forgotten d brace against ethiopia and goals against malawi ?.
In all i think if we sort our creative problems,emenike would start scoring again.
its not as if he's had clear-cut chances and he fluffed them.Right from last yr to now, emenike hardly gets a single clear-cut chance at goal in all the matches we've played

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by shurlermoz(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2014
I dont understand why Keshi would be calling out his players in the press, what kind of a coach does that? And if he wouldnt call the name of the highest culprit.......Mikel Slow-bie.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by VivaLaFrans: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Greyworld: I tink Keshi just want him 2 puit in mur efforts...
True... Emenike is too playful in the pitch. He doesn't take things serious, but he scores more than Ideye. Musa is just too good, but has little power.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Goke7: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2014
ratiken: Crap!!!
Why are these players too quick to jump to the media with complaints? how many times have they complained about their club managers or they want to make us believe its always been smooth sails at their clubs. This has to STOP.
We as Nigerians need to stop patronizing them, no one is perfect ...... people should learn how to work with each other.

This is the most sensible post I have seen here and i salute this poster instead of the other rubbish comments i am seeing here. Can emenike explain the reason he came late to camp for the match against congo? Even in his club in turkey, emenike has lost his scoring touch of late or is there lack of creativity in fernabache too!

I think we have mediocres as players in our national team that is why they are so quick in complaining to the media, no true professional does that, our players cry like babies when things don't go their way and they blame the coach for their level of mediocrity which is laughable.

Am sorry for those clamouring for siasia to coach the eagles again forgetting that he had problems with the likes of osaze, mikel and enyeama when he coached the eagles then, nobody is talking about that, we have also forgotten the problems eguavoen had with yakubu too.

Am sorry to say this but i think we have local champions as players, we cannot be blaming the coach all the time. They can't be under -performing and expect all of us to join them in their stupidity to crucify the coach! I will have none of that at all!

3 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Goke7: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
naijanoni:
The op didnt post the complete story.Here's d pther part:-

I agree with emenike on this.He aint no magician.when theres no creativity in the team,it would be hard for him to score.though he didnt score at d world cup,he was one of our most important players.Who created d goals we scored at d world cup ?.We scored 3 goals,emenike created 2 out of the 3.
Due to lack of supplies and creativity from d midfielders,emenike who is supposed to be d finisher,takes up d creative responsibilities.
also its wrong to say emenike didn't perform after afcon.Emenike almost single-handedly qualified us for d world cup.Forgotten d brace against ethiopia and goals against malawi ?.
In all i think if we sort our creative problems,emenike would start scoring again.
its not as if he's had clear-cut chances and he fluffed them.Right from last yr to now, emenike hardly gets a single clear-cut chance at goal in all the matches we've played

oga is there lack of creativity in fernabache too, emenike has not been scoring for his club of late o!
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by rad8(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2014
abeg , d guy shld go joor, that guy uses his muscle to play football instead of his brain.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by bobolic: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Emenike should swallow his pride and keep quiet. How many goals did he score in the World Cup?
Was he not given sufficient leverage?
Must everything turn personal? He is not the only Nigerian professional abroad and so he can leave when he chooses.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by honeric01(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't trust these journalists, they are good at twisting words so until i listen to the interview from both Keshi and Emenike, i will take this news as nothing but noise!

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by ElFenomeno1: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2014
He can pi...ss off... he is shait anyway!
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Kog45(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Goke7:

This is the most sensible post I have seen here and i salute this poster instead of the other rubbish comments i am seeing here. Can emenike explain the reason he came late to camp for the match against congo? Even in his club in turkey, emenike has lost his scoring touch of late or is there lack of creativity in fernabache too!

I think we have mediocres as players in our national team that is why they are so quick in complaining to the media, no true professional does that, our players cry like babies when things don't go their way and they blame the coach for their level of mediocrity which is laughable.

Am sorry for those clamouring for siasia to coach the eagles again forgetting that he had problems with the likes of osaze, mikel and enyeama when he coached the eagles then, nobody is talking about that, we have also forgotten the problems eguavoen had with yakubu too.

Am sorry to say this but i think we have local champions as players, we cannot be blaming the coach all the time. They can't be under -performing and expect all of us to join them in their stupidity to crucify the coach! I will have none of that at all!
What a good comments.The same Emenike is having issue with fernabache coach and his teammates especially the captain to the extent he was boo when substituted in a recent match.Emma should just take it easy and rediscovered his form bcs having an issue with your coach w be a disasters.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Aelusive:
“But I am very surprised by what he said that he and some players in the Eagles are not
happy with me. Over what?
Mikel is the new mafia king... angry
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by pattsonoo: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
and so whot, let him leave.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Goke7:

oga is there lack of creativity in fernabache too, emenike has not been scoring for his club of late o!
The turkish league season is only a month old.
Emenike has started 3 matches this season and has scored 1 goal.And thats Not bad.
No fenerbahce player has scored more than 1 goal this season,including his strike patner Moussa sow.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Loogan(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kaymercury: Make em quit if want jare.beta player dey 4 9ja.sey na only u waka come?

I am sure u didn't read the op's quotes!...DULL BEING!...read before you comment.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Wheellz(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
smhw i tink emenike is ryt on dis n.
keshi fr me lacks man managmnt skills even wen u tink his getin it ryt,he jst laks d mentality kipin dem 2geda even wen nt invited.
A coach shld avoid talkin abt a playas fault even wen u r supposed to kip dem in psych nd encourage dem wen nt invited. dey tend to tke d nxt opportunity nd grab it.
uche didnt do well in afcon dsnt mean he cnt do well.
A coach r manager PSYCHS dis boys, avoid sentiments, as an instructor tk responsibility as well as bring solutions.
IF I WIA A COACH I WLD INVYT UCHE TALK TO HIM NT because OF WAT D FANS TINK.
I WLD ENCOURAGE HIM TELL HIM NJA NIDS HIM, LTS WRK ND FGET D PAST ALL I WANT IS UR BEST. WE NID TEAM ND WEN U R NT CALLD U KNW WAT IS IMPLIED "WE WNT MRE WRK" SO AS TO VRYN. WE NID PASSSION "WICH IS STILL LACKIN" ND OVA ALL TEAMWRK ND SPIRIT. ANYN GOING CNTRARY WLD B PUNISHED.
enough talkin and as a coach u mst knw d game lyk ur name.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
bobolic: Emenike should swallow his pride and keep quiet. How many goals did he score in the World Cup?
Was he not given sufficient leverage?
Must everything turn personal? He is not the only Nigerian professional abroad and so he can leave when he chooses.
He didnt score,but the 2 assists he provided(for osaze and musa) where as important as any goal he could've have scored.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Skillz02(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Osaze tried it and did not
succeed so quit and see
whether naija wont produce another hero
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Goke7: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
naijanoni: The turkish league season is only a month old.
Emenike has started 3 matches this season and has scored 1 goal.And thats Not bad.
No fenerbahce player has scored more than 1 goal this season,including his strike patner Moussa sow.

stop defending emenike please how long are we going to keep accepting mediocre performances from our players and turn around to blame the coach or their mates in the team? is that the reason emenike showed up late to the camp for match against congo thinking it will be a stroll in park?

Please let's accept the fact that some of our players are loosing form and need to wake up or sit on the bench for others, crying all the time to the media does not solve any problem here
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by naijanoni(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Goke7:

stop defending emenike please how long are we going to keep accepting mediocre performances from our players and turn around to blame the coach or their mates in the team? is that the reason emenike showed up late to the camp for match against congo thinking it will be a stroll in park?

Please let's accept the fact that some of our players are loosing form and need to wake up or sit on the bench for others, crying all the time to the media does not solve any problem here
Just stating d fact.
You were like he is also experiencing a drought at fenerbahce.
And i replied that 1 goal in only 3 starts this season isnt a drought.
He scored about 15goals in total last season.
I strongly criticized keshi for not inviting abiola dauda who is our most in-form striker in europe or uche/martins.
But i tell u put any of these strikers in our current team without creativity,they won't score too.
If emenike has been getting chances in matches and fluffing them or missing 1-on-1s/open net like ideye,that would be another thing.
But i cant remember when last emenike was provided a clear-cut chance at goal in the national team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by M4gunners: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Begonia: That's what true fans do. They support and constructively criticize. If he can't handle that then maybe he should take a walk!

EDITED: op, why didn't you put the full story before? So it was actually Keshi he was referring to. I'm not surprised. Keshi is so bad at managing his players. He's always having problems with one player or the other. NFF had better do something about this egomaniac. Osaze, IK Uche, now Emenike. The problem is obviously Keshi not the players!
Ok i have had you. If you happen to be a judge, innocent people will be put behind bar . Let me see how you will find my judgement on you!
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by nickxtra(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
hopelink1: thank GOd we have ideye
. O.P., wake up
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by nickxtra(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Why is Coach Keshi portraying himself as bad manager? If he is not at war with Osaze today, it will be with Ik Uche, if its not Ike Uche, it is with Mba, yet his blunders continue, resulting in lacklustre team and poor results. Is he really confused?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Games Medal Table: Nigeria Presently At Fourth Position / Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats / Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.