Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise (851 Views)

Watch Arab Men Showing "Shoki" & "Shakiti Bobo" Dance Moves With Serious Swags / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Andyblaze: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dipp - Christened the Nigerian 'Usher', Dipp broke through the Nigerian Music scene with 'Pop off selecta' a single which paved the way for success albeit not fully achieved for him. Also he dropped other good songs like 'which is the way' and he seemed to be the next big thing in Nigeria and then....sssshhh....he was nowhere to be found.

Kel - The female rap phenomena was dubbes the feminine version of Africa's best Rapper at that point ; M.I . She held so much promise as 'wa wa alright' was a hip hop anthem back then but then she couldnt match the success of 'wa wa alright' and about 5 years on, we hear she's hung her lyrical boots.

Sky B - I'onno if you know him but in the south south this dude was the trending artiste of 2007. One of the most successful songs cum albums 'My Bebe' which was more popular than the Nigerian Pledge in Rivers State was coming from Sky B. Slowly, his music filtered into the Lagos markets and when it seemed like he was gonna keep climbing hight, he just disappeared. Till today, no one i have spoken to seems to have any information about him. Sky B, wherever you are 'andy blaze' misses you. 'my bebe' was my favourite song in JSS3.

Sasha P - Another female rap artiste, she conquered quite alot and it would be unfair to state that she did not live up to her promise but considering the fact that female Rappers like Eva and Splash seem to be dictating the pace for femcees in Nigeria, one can't help but wonder how 'huge' Sasha would have been if she was still active with her music.

General Pype - Apologies, if i'm wrong on this one but considering the fact that 'Champion' and a little less 'Give It To Me' are his biggest songs so far for the average Nigerian Music ardent follower and are quite 'outdated' albeit we could say 'Champion' is a song that will remain evergreen for centuries, one can arguably state that General Pype fizzled out. The supposedly King of Nigerian Dancehall at the moment is Patoranking. Pype what happened!!!

Please add other artistes who you feel didn't live up to expectations, i'll update if i remember any
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by zeelo2014: 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bijiano was a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
is this a product of c n p or did u write it urself
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by dayosaurus(m): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
MAYE HUNTER Is the biggest one-hit wonder of all times.. Iono why this people keep fading..
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by oluwaKStar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Skales

Soon to fadee away
Yemi alade
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Andyblaze: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
francleanflexy: is this a product of c n p or did u write it urself

I wrote it all by myself bro...
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by iheanyi40(m): 8:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Sky B; dunno wah happened to dt nigga tho
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Etetejake(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
do any of u talking trash, even u, the op, have any song to your names? who knows if any of u can sing the national anthem well? Here u ar talking about artists that didn't live up to expectation as if u know how to sing talk more of composing a song.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Superstar007(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Etetejake: do any of u talking trash, even u, the op, have any song to your names? who knows if any of u can sing the national anthem well? Here u ar talking about artists that didn't live up to expectation as if u know how to sing talk more of composing a song.

Never knew someone could use so many words to type NONSENSE.

@post. Jodie, the lady that sang "oh baby" the song really rocked the airwaves back then, now she's nowhere to be found.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by BoiledCorn: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mam bebe mam bebe you de ones X2 dayam calling angry

We dance tha song in nite club then angry
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by Andyblaze: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
BoiledCorn: Mam bebe mam bebe you de ones X2 dayam calling angry

We dance tha song in nite club then angry
u be old man ni? Dat tym me still dey bathe outside lol
Re: Nigerian Artistes Who Did Not Live Up To Expectation After Showing Much Promise by CBNIM: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
So true, especially sky b! That his my bebe was a great hit.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Pls I Need Someone To Connect Me To A Top Music Producer / Music: Lil Kesh Ft Viktor - Efejoku / Korede Bello Ft. Asa – Somebody Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.