Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. (2179 Views)

Mattew Vs Luke: A Contradictory Gospel (part2) / 2015 Elections…As Prophets Gives Contradictory Prophesies / Conspiracy : Satan Signature On The Four Gospels In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
thorpido: You start a thread and it goes boom in your face and you're trying much to save it.
Keep doing the work of your master.

*Unfollowing as you said
Aurevoir

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by tintingz(m): 6:04am On Oct 03, 2014
Paul and the Romans are the founder of Christianity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2014
tintingz: Paul and the Romans are the founder of Christianity.
paul was in jerusalem killing christian and when he learn that many christian are hiding in damascus, he seek for permision to go and killed them on his way that was when the Lord apper to him.paul even say the Lord apper to 5000 apostles of which am the LAST. How is he the founder of christianity?
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 7:31am On Oct 03, 2014
plaetton:

Lazy Coward.
This is your typical , pathetic way of dodging common sense and reason.
I guess you are the only one that understands the bible, huh?

Your fellow christian, Davidylan, who is obviously much more well-rounded than you, is sincere enough to admit that faith is irrational. I respect him for that.

If every christian can be candid enough like him, then I think we might have less contentious debates and arguments here in NL and in real life situations.
i repeat, what he quote are wrong interpretation of the bible.paul preaches faith witout work is dead,the interpretation he give in ephsians2:8-9 is way out of line.

" For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God"

paul was explaining salvation to the jew,it is not by there work, it is already a finishing work by christ jesus himself on the cross. What is grace? Somthing i do not work for,unmerited favour from God, i dont deserv his grace but by God grace am save.

Thank you for your abusive word.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
lanrexlan: Cost of salvation
With Jesus, forgiveness comes as we readily forgive all our offenders. Jesus says: “If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” (Matthew 6:14-15).

But with Paul,forgiveness comes without preconditions; it is the grace of God:
“You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away.Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins.” (Colossians 2:13).

With Jesus,freedom from sin comes as we follow his word. Jesus says: “If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32).
But with Paul, Christians are automatically free from sin because we died with Christ: “Our old
self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.” (Romans 6:6-7).
Paul says: “The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23).

But according to Jesus, eternal life is not God’s gift at all;it comes at great cost. Jesus says: “Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.” (Matthew 19:29).

Therefore, Jesus warns us to count the cost before deciding to follow him: “No one can become my disciple unless he first sits down and counts his blessings- and then renounces them all for me.” (Luke 14:33).

Everlasting gospel
Some maintain Paul’s gospel of grace is a post-
resurrection dispensational replacement for Jesus’ gospel of the kingdom. However, Jesus confirms no such replacement. Instead he says: “This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14).

Jesus does not introduce Paul’s doctrine of blood-atonement on his resurrection. His directive remains that “repentance
and forgiveness of sins” should be preached in his name.” (Luke 24:47).

In Acts,Peter does not associate Jesus’ death with the atonement of sins. (Acts 2:37-43). He says the righteousness of God comes by works. (Acts 10:34-35).

But Paul says Christians automatically become new creatures: “old things are passed
away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17). In effect, Paul’s gospel is false. It merely tests those who would embrace Jesus’ gospel. Jesus’ gospel offers a narrow gate and a difficult way that leads to life; while Paul’s gospel offers a wide gate and a
broad way that leads to destruction. (Matthew 7:13-14).

Accordingly, the true gospel empties the churches; while the false gospel fills them. Christians must reject Paul’s enticing gospel. John warns: “Whoever does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him.” (2 John 1:9-10).

Femi Aribisala
https://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/2014/08/10/a-tale-of-two-contradictory-gospels/
you were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away.Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins.” (Colossians 2:13). if you forgive those that sin aginst you how much more will you heavenly father forgive you. How dos this contradict paul teaching?

13. you, being dead—formerly (Eph 2:1, 2); even as Christ was among
the dead, before that God raised Him "from the dead" (Col 2:12). sins—rather as Greek is translated at end of this verse, "trespasses,"
literally, "failings aside" from God's ways; actual transgressions, as that
of Adam. uncircumcision of your flesh—your not having put off the old fleshly
nature, the carnal foreskin, or original sin, which now by spiritual
circumcision, that is, conversion and baptism, you have put off. he quickened—God "quickened together with Him (Christ)." Just as
Christ's resurrection proved that He was delivered from the sin laid on
Him, so our spiritual quickening proves that we have been forgiven our
sins (1Pe 3:22; 4:1, 2). forgiven you—So Vulgate and Hilary. But the oldest manuscripts read,
"us," passing from the particular persons, the Colossians, to the general
Church (Col 1:14; Eph 1:7). all trespasses—Greek, "all our trespasses."
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by sciyhf(f): 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
I tried so much to finish the post cos the more I read the more meaningless it becomes..the letters of Paul does not contradict the teaches of Christ in any way, I can prove that too.

Lastly, Paul encountered Chridt and remember that Christ said he will use Paul in a great way. So letters Paul wrote were inspired by the Christ.

Lil advice, pls endeavour to pray for the spirit of truth ie d holy spirt b4 u pick up ur bible to read. The bible was inspired by the spirit and wud only be understood with the spirit. There are certainly things between the lines that will sound lame to a layman. If u haven't tried it, do it and u will get better understanding and not be like those that hear but not understands.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
sciyhf:
I tried so much to finish the post cos the more I read the more meaningless it becomes..the letters of Paul does not contradict the teaches of Christ in any way, I can prove that too.
Please do if you can.

Lastly, Paul encountered Chridt and remember that Christ said he will use Paul in a great way. So letters Paul wrote were inspired by the Christ.
Paul NEVER met 'Jesus' during the latter's life.Even Paul's encounter is contradictory,will discuss later.'Jesus' initially chose Simon Peter[Matthew 16:17-18].

In his narration of his encounter with christ,he contradicted himself.Read again.
Acts 22:8-9 -And I answered,Who art thou , Lord? And he said unto me,I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest .
And they that were with me saw indeed the light and were afraid;but they heard not the voice.Here those that journeyed with Paul saw a light,but heard no voice.
But again here
[color=#000099]Acts 9:7 -And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless,hearing a voice,but seeing no man
In the same encounter,those that journeyed him heard a voice,but seeing no man.Which one is correct?
Lil advice,pls endeavour to pray for the spirit of truth ie d holy spirt b4 u pick up ur bible to read. The bible was inspired by the spirit and wud only be understood with the spirit. There are certainly things between the lines that will sound lame to a layman. If u haven't tried it, do it and u will get better understanding and not be like those that hear but not understands.
You that have the spirit should explain,if it's logical we would reason along with you,many things can be justified using 'holy spirit' even if it is obvious.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
malvisguy212:

you were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away.Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins.” (Colossians 2:13). if you forgive those that sin aginst you how much more will you heavenly father forgive you. How dos this contradict paul teaching?

13. you, being dead—formerly (Eph 2:1, 2); even as Christ was among
the dead, before that God raised Him "from the dead" (Col 2:12). sins—rather as Greek is translated at end of this verse, "trespasses,"
literally, "failings aside" from God's ways; actual transgressions, as that
of Adam. uncircumcision of your flesh—your not having put off the old fleshly
nature, the carnal foreskin, or original sin, which now by spiritual
circumcision, that is, conversion and baptism, you have put off. he quickened—God "quickened together with Him (Christ)." Just as
Christ's resurrection proved that He was delivered from the sin laid on
Him, so our spiritual quickening proves that we have been forgiven our
sins (1Pe 3:22; 4:1, 2). forgiven you—So Vulgate and Hilary. But the oldest manuscripts read,
"us," passing from the particular persons, the Colossians, to the general
Church (Col 1:14; Eph 1:7). all trespasses—Greek, "all our trespasses."
All your quotations NEVER comes from Christ.Quoting Paul to justify Paul,robbing peter to pay paul.Lol,where did 'Jesus' said he laid his life for your sins?
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan:
All your quotations NEVER comes from Christ.Quoting Paul to justify Paul,robbing peter to pay paul.Lol,where did 'Jesus' said he laid his life for your sins?
your canalm mind will not allow you to understaand, did you border to read what you copy and paste? How dos this word from jesus"if you forgive dos that sin against you,how much more will your heavenly fathe forgave you" contradict paul word in colossian 2:13,?

Matthew 20:28. just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransomr for many.”

Matthew 26:28 . This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan. I created a thread, even when i pleaded for the thread not to be transfer to the islamic section still the mod transfer it, i was ban there, uptil today no muslims has been able to reply the thread.

Centuries before the Qur’an came into existence, the Holy Bible
speaksof the Covenant of Jehovah with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob:
Exodus 2:24-25:
“…and God remembered his covenant with ABRAHAM, ISAAC and
JACOB So God looked on the sons of Israel and God took notice.
” 2 Kings 13:23: “But Jehovah was gracious unto them and had compassion upon them
and turned to them because of his covenant with ABRAHAM ISAAC and
JACOB” Psalms 105:7-10: “He is Jehovah our God. His judgement are in
all the earth. He has remembered his covenant even forever, the word
which he commanded to a thousand generations, the covenant which
he concluded with Abraham, And his sworn statement to Isaac, And which statement he kept standing as a statue even to Jacob,As an
everlasting covenant to Israel.”
WITH THE ABOVE VERSES IN THE BIBLE,ALL PROPHET ARE TO COME
THROUGH THE LINAGE OF ABRAHAM,ISAAC AND JACOB.ANY OTHER
PROPHET THAT CAME OUT SIDE OF THIS IS A FALS PROPHET.
WHAT THE QURAN SAY ABOUT THIS? In harmony with the above stated Covenant, Surah 29:27 affirms that
the Prophethood will remain in the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and
Jacob. Given below are four different translations of Surah 29:27.
" Surah 29:27: And (as for Abraham), We bestowed upon him Isaac and
(Isaac’s son) Jacob, and caused prophethood and revelation to continue
among his offspring. (Asad)" " And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the
prophethood and the Scripture among his seed. (Pickthall)"
And We granted him Ishaq and Yaqoub, and caused the prophethood
and the book to remain in his seed. (Shakir)"
And We bestowed Ishaq and Yaqub to him, and kept the Prophethood
and the Book among his descendants. (Faridul Haque)" Surah 29:27 mentions that Prophethood and Scriptures came uniquely
through the seed of Isaac and Jacob. It speaks of the prophetic office as
having been entrusted to Isaac and Jacob and their
descendants. And Allah also declared in the above Qur’anic verse, that
the prophethood would “remain” in the lineage of Isaac and Jacob. In
other words, anyone claiming to be a prophet of God must be born in the Prophetic Race. Since the Qur’an states that prophethood belongs
exclusively to the
lineage of Isaac and Jacob, we must then ask whether Muhammad was
born in the line of the prophets. In other words, was he born in the
Prophetic Race? Muslims scholars claim that Muhammad was a
descendant of Ishmael. But Ishmael is entirely excluded in the prophetical line in Surah 29:27. If Allah intends to include Ishmael, his
name would be placed before Isaac, as he was older than Isaac by
fourteen years. But as it can be noted, Surah 29:27 completely omits
any reference to Ishmael, raising the question as to why he was totally
ignored if he was as important as Muslims claim him to be. Thus, the
Qur’an clearly teaches that the prophetic line came through Isaac – not Ishmael. If Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael, then he cannot be a
descendant of Isaac at the same time, given the fact that Ishmael and
Isaac are half-brothers. Thus, it is evident that Muhammad is not a
descendant of Isaac. As Muhammad was neither a Jew nor a
descendent of Isaac and Jacob, this automatically disqualifies him as a
prophet of God. The followingSurahs also concur with Surah 29:27.
"Surah 45:16: And verily We gave the Children of Israel the Scripture
and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with
good things and favoured them above all peoples.
(Pickthall) "
"surah 2:47: “O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures.” (Pickthall) "
Further evidences in the Qur’an alluding to the fact that the
prophethood belongs solely to the line of Isaac and Jacob are provided
below:
Surah 19:49: So, when he had withdrawn from them and that which
they were worshipping beside Allah. We gave him Isaac and Jacob. Each of them We made a Prophet. (Pickthall)
Surah 21:72-73: And We bestowed upon him Isaac, and Jacob as a
grandson. Each of them We made righteous. And We made them
chiefs who guide by Our command, and We inspired in them the
doing of good deeds and the right establishment of worship and
the giving of alms and they were worshippers of Us (alone). (Pickthall).
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
^^^^^
Mister man stop post thrash on my thread. Didn't you read?
www.nairaland.com/1878607/promise-yahweh-ishmael

And moreover,where you copied that you didn't read this abi
Surah Maryam 19:54 -And mention in the Book (the Qur'ân) Ismâ'il (Ishmael).Verily! he was true to what he promised, and he was a Messenger, (and) a Prophet.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan:
^^^^^

did you go through the thread you paste? god promies to make ismeal a great nation but the prophethood is with isaac

If Allah intends to include Ishmael, his
name would be placed before Isaac, as he was older than Isaac by
fourteen years. But as it can be noted, Surah 29:27 completely omits any reference to Ishmael, raising the question as to why he was totally
ignored if he was as important as Muslims claim him to be.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan:
^^^^^

And moreover,where you copied that you didn't read this abi
Surah Maryam 19:54 -And mention in the Book (the Qur'ân) Ismâ'il (Ishmael).Verily! he was true to what he promised, and he was a Messenger, (and) a Prophet.
expect a new thread from me, very soon, i will point out were jesus is being called the son of God.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
malvisguy212:
your canalm mind will not allow you to understaand, did you border to read what you copy and paste? How dos this word from jesus"if you forgive dos that sin against you,how much more will your heavenly fathe forgave you" contradict paul word in colossian 2:13,
Paul gave no conditions,that's the contradiction

Matthew 20:28. just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransomr for many.”

Matthew 26:28 . This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Matthew 9:13 -But go ye and learn what that meaneth,I will have mercy, and not sacrifice:for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan:
Paul gave no conditions,that's the contradiction

Matthew 9:13 -But go ye and learn what that meaneth,I will have mercy, and not sacrifice:for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
i will have mercy not sacrifice dosent mean God forbid sacrifice,to obey is better than sacrifice, how dos it sound in your brain? When your have quarrel with someone and you want to offer sacrifice to God, God will not accept it because you have no mercy to forgive your friend, that whhat it mean.

So paul gave no condition mean he contradict jesus teaching? It is clear that you did not read what you copy and paste.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
malvisguy212:
i will have mercy not sacrifice dosent mean God forbid sacrifice,to obey is better than sacrifice, how dos it sound in your brain? When your have quarrel with someone and you want to offer sacrifice to God, God will not accept it because you have no mercy to forgive your friend, that whhat it mean.

So paul gave no condition mean he contradict jesus teaching? It is clear that you did not read what you copy and paste.
^^^^^
Quarrel? Sacrifice for quarrel? You are not making sense any longer bro
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by malvisguy212: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
lanrexlan:
^^^^^
Quarrel? Sacrifice for quarrel? You are not making sense any longer bro
let do it this way.

Did God forbid sacrifice? Give me verse were God reject sacrifice.
Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by honeychild(f): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
At Op- you seem to have gotten quite mixed up. This happens when you pick and choose portions of the Bible without looking at the context or trying to read it as a cohesive whole. Let me try to address some of your issues:

1. You seem to think Paul says Christians need not repent of their sins. So not true. You are basing your understanding of Romans 11:29 on the archaic English found in the King James Version. Find below how that place reads in modern English:

'God’s gifts and calling can’t be taken back" Common English Bible

"God doesn’t take back the gifts he has given or forget about the people he has chosen.'" Contemporary English Version CEV

'"For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn; he will never go back on his promises''. The Message Bible MSG

"'God never changes his mind when he gives gifts or when he calls someone.'" NOG Bible

So you can see that Paul was certainly not talking about whether or not sinners need to repent.

Here is what Paul says of repentance:

Romans 2:3-5:

So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Acts 17:30,31
In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

2. Paul never preached a prosperity gospel. He was never rich. The problem is not Paul, the problem is the prosperity preachers of today who are twisting his words to suit their selfish wants.

Acts 18:1-3:
After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them.

1 Timothy 6:6-10
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

3. Paul did not mean we need not do anything to inherit God's kingdom. To understand his statements on '"works'" you need to get the context. In early Christianity, there was some confusion as to the position of non-Israelites who were coming into Christianity. While some of the leaders of Christianity felt that these non-Israelites had to be subject to the laws given to Moses before becoming acceptable to God, Paul's position was that there was no need for them to be subject to the law. The law was a temporary provision given to Israelites, to keep them clean and safe until Christ came. With the coming of Christ, the law of Moses was done away with. Christians were now under the ''Law of Christ'". So when Paul says '"works"" cannot make a man inherit God's Kingdom, he meant "works of righteousness" under the Law of Moses e.g. tithe paying, keeping the Sabbath, fasting, etc. Note that Jesus also condemned the Pharisees who emphasized these works of righteousness to the detriment of true faith.

Now please note that the law of Christ was not one of licentious living, like some Christians would like to teach. There were still standards of righteousness that Christians had to live up to. Hear Paul:

1 Corinthians 6:9,10
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 6:1,2,15,16
What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?...... What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Basically, the truth is, the problem is not with Paul. Paul didn't preach a contradictory gospel. The problem is with the false prophets who pick out select verses from his writings, twist them and use them out of context to justify their depraved and selfish lifestyles. As the Bible already fore warned us:

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Today's prosperity gospel adherents have done just that. Instead of sticking to the truth from God's word, they have gathered people who will tell them that they will never fall sick. They will all be rich. And they do not need to keep God's commandments to get into his kingdom. They can lie, cheat, steal and fornicate, and still make it to '"heaven"".

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by Rilwayne001: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
let do it this way.

Psalm 40:6-8 “ [size=15pt] Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; [/size] my ears you have opened. [size=15pt] Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require. [/size] Then I said, ‘Behold, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do your WILL , O my God, and your law is within my heart.”

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by Rilwayne001: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
malvisguy212:
let do it this way.

Isaiah 66:3. Therefore God says: [size=15pt] “Whoever sacrifices a bull is like one who kills a man, [/size] and whoever offers a lamb, like one who breaks a dog’s neck; whoever makes a grain offering is like one who presents pig’s blood.”

Whoever sacrifice a bull is like one who kills a man

Then whoever sacrifice a man, What do you think it looks like in the face of God as presented in isaiah 66??

Do you want more verse

Let me know please.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Contradictory Gospels. by lanrexlan(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
honeychild:
At Op- you seem to have gotten quite mixed up. This happens when you pick and choose portions of the Bible without looking at the context or trying to read it as a cohesive whole. Let me try to address some of your issues:
That will be good of you miss/mrs!!!
1. You seem to think Paul says Christians need not repent of their sins. So not true. You are basing your understanding of Romans 11:29 on the archaic English found in the King James Version. Find below how that place reads in modern English: 'God’s gifts and calling can’t be taken back" Common English Bible "God doesn’t take back the gifts he has given or forget about the people he has chosen.'" Contemporary English Version CEV '"For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn; he will never go back on his promises''. The Message Bible MSG "'God never changes his mind when he gives gifts or when he calls someone.'" NOG Bible So you can see that Paul was certainly not talking about whether or not sinners need to repent.
Ok sister,Let's agree on this,that's the archaic version but my question is:Why is it that there's no correlations between the word used in King James Version and the word used in other versions? Why are the words not synonymous?
Here is what Paul says of repentance: Romans 2:3-5: So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. Acts 17:30,31 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”
2. Paul never preached a prosperity gospel. He was never rich. The problem is not Paul, the problem is the prosperity preachers of today who are twisting his words to suit their selfish wants. Acts 18:1-3: After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them. 1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want
But it will be good if you explain this verse.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor,so that you through his poverty might become rich.” (2 Corinthians 8:9).
3. Paul did not mean we need not do anything to inherit God's kingdom. To understand his statements on '"works'" you need to get the context. In early Christianity, there was some confusion as to the position of non-Israelites who were coming into Christianity. While some of the leaders of Christianity felt that these non-Israelites had to be subject to the laws given to Moses before becoming acceptable to God, Paul's position was that there was no need for them to be subject to the law. The law was a temporary provision given to Israelites, to keep them clean and safe until Christ came. With the coming of Christ, the law of Moses was done away with.
I think you are wrong on this sister.This is against Christ teaching,nowhere did Christ said that with his coming,the law of Moses was done away with.Please read
Matthew 5:17-19 -Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets;I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen,will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same
will be called least in the kingdom of heaven,but
whoever practices and teaches these commandments
will be called great in the kingdom of heaven
'Jesus' said if you keep the law,you will the greatest in the kingdom of God.He again said in Luke 16:17 -It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law but Paul says in Galatians 5:4 -You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace even when 'Jesus' clearly said that the heavens and earth will not pass until the law has been fulfilled.Paul contradicted this.

Christians were now under the ''Law of Christ'". So when Paul says '"works"" cannot make a man inherit God's Kingdom, he meant "works of righteousness" under the Law of Moses e.g. tithe paying, keeping the Sabbath, fasting, etc.
Keeping the law of Moses is very essential.'Jesus' emphasized on keeping the law.Read again sister.
Matthew 19:16-17 -Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good.If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.It's very clear,obey the commandments.

Note that Jesus also condemned the Pharisees who emphasized these works of righteousness to the detriment of true faith.
The Pharisees were lax in keeping the Law.Jesus condemned them as those who taught the lesser commands of the Law while ignoring the more weightier commands of the Law.(Matthew 23:23)
Now please note that the law of Christ was not one of licentious living, like some Christians would like to teach. There were still standards of righteousness that Christians had to live up to. Hear Paul: 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. Romans 6:1,2,15,16 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?...... What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Basically, the truth is, the problem is not with Paul. Paul didn't preach a contradictory gospel. The problem is with the false prophets who pick out select verses from his writings, twist them and use them out of context to justify their depraved and selfish lifestyles. As the Bible already fore warned us: 2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. Today's prosperity gospel adherents have done just that. Instead of sticking to the truth from God's word, they have gathered people who will tell them that they will never fall sick. They will all be rich. And they do not need to keep God's commandments to get into his kingdom. They can lie, cheat, steal and fornicate, and still make it to '"heaven"".
Considering your words that says 'we are not under the law of Moses after the coming of christ' then one can justify what these christians do because it's the law of Moses that says 'You should not steal,nor commit adultery nor fornicate nor lie'.Even Paul said Romans 10:9 -That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,you will be saved.With this,paul said you can be saved with mere proclamation of words,no works(coupled with the verses I quoted.
I think this is what some christians believe in,that you can do anything since you aren't under the law of Moses and you have declared with your mouth that Jesus is lord.
Hope you get my drift sister?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Their A Spiritual Connection With Dada Children And Their Hair / Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. / Am A Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.