Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

The Spirit Of Lagos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Spirit Of Lagos (17494 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. / Oba Of Lagos Visits Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Alleybuy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Spirit of Lagos is of a deranged spirit, fraud, deceit, filth, disorganization and above all Delusions of Grandeur. Don't quote me. Okay bye.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by buzor(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
The only spirit of lagos i know is the one that makes u to think -
* u ve to be gratefull to govt for planting flowers and constructing only tollable roads.
* the the one that makes u think its normal to wake up by 4am & get to work by 9am.
* living in generator fumes is normal.
* living in houses not even fit for animals yet u re a lagosian.
*wen it rains, transport fares are doubled.

Lagos i hail
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
The spirit of Lagos is special in its way it drives you to the edge,to never feel satisfied until you are well above success
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Proud to be a DELTAN. We've gat the big heart.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by oyeludef(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lagidi spirit is d spirit of excellence, lagos sets d tune for other part of d nation to follow. seriously, if u want to go national den lagos shld b ur base
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by eleshin(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
The spirit of selflessness...
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello everyone, i have found a great site to get free airtime,and connect with student. i have tried the website and its working. Just visit this link : http://2goface.com/invite?ref=Netoc65 #2goface
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by oweniwe(m): 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Rats......

They're the spirits of Lagos. angry
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
1) God bless U bro 4 being a proud citizen & 4 promoting ma Gidi city

2) God bless my excellent governor for total transformation of Lagos city

Eko oni baje ooo

3) God bless my Motherland, The Mighty Green White Green Nation, Le Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I will always be proud of Naija.

I love the new mentality too bro.

I always wish to hire a truck, get some stones from a demolished building, and fill the large potholes in my area to make my Gidi city better but i cant do it alone & i dont want street people to call me ova sabi.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by ba7man(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
Alleybuy: Spirit of Lagos is of a deranged spirit, fraud, deceit, filth, disorganization and above all Delusions of Grandeur. Don't quote me. Okay bye.
A Lagosian snatched this dude's girlfriend. cry

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
san316: Wetin concern me, the first time i went to Lagos i prayed to God never to let anything take me back there ever!! Lagos na waaaaaaaah!

Pls go back to whatever boring & dry state U came from Gidi city is already overpopulated. We dont want refugees

"no offense"

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
wazobia50: Normal income,high expenses,high stress.

go to ajangbadi or agbara. Things are cheap there
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Odunharry: 9ja centre of excellence

EKO ONI BAJEE O

O Baje ti
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by san316(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

Pls go back to whatever boring & dry state U came from Gidi city is already overpopulated. We dont want refugees

"no offense"
yeah! I'm back in my boring Abuja. Atleast I don't have to fight to get in a bus.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
LMAyedun: Lagos, the pride of Nigeria.
The spirit of Lagos, the hustler's spirit.
You hit the nail in two sentence. Lagos a home for all seasons; the hope of the nation, the PRIDE OF NIGERIA. God bless my home!
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Don't get mad, just tag along. Lagos rules, eko oni baje
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by domido(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
san316: Wetin concern me, the first time i went to Lagos i prayed to God never to let anything take me back there ever!! Lagos na waaaaaaaah!
haha.... Wetin hapen? Dem dupe u? Dats Lagos 4 u.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by fowowe411: 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
kenlash1: U a whole full fledged pelele man naim dey do spirit of Lagos? Dude be proud of where u are from
what's bad abt what he has posted nw?Not everybody are tribalists btw
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by cyzor(f): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lagos. A very crazy place. This was my impression as a visitor the first time I left d cool comfort of Victoria Island. But all dat rushing around at a very fast pace fascinates me. Lagos is mostly a hustling town.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Gynacologist(m): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
y
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Alleinad(f): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
UjSizzle: Is this when we remix the New York song? cheesy
I have always told my family and friends that NewYork is to America what Lagos is to Nigeria. I love that song n I visualize Lagos each time I listen to it.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Ekugbeh(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hav u checkd d spirit of PDP? E go mak u get more sense. Hehehe wafi no de carri last.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by smudge2079(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hustle, hustle, hard hard! singing in lagbaja voice "Eko ti mo wa, owo mo wa pa o" (Dis lagos wey i come so, na money i come make)
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Omen100(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
valuka: Lagos made (is making) me!!!
Thank you Lagos!
Thank you my yoruba hosts!

Despite its(Lagos) ruggedity and boisterity, I still love Las-Gidi.
This city gave my life a lift.

Hometown: Okija
Home state: Anambra.

I intentionally used the word ""MADE"" because Lagos made me what I am today, some may have been made in the London in the UK, York in the US, Beijing in China, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Johannesburg in South Africa but I was made right here in Lagos Nigeria and I am so proud of it and if you don't know you better know that the likes of Alhaji Dangote, Chief Arthur Eze, Gov. Fashola, Mr. Jim Ovia, Mr. Tony Elumelu, Mrs. Folarunsho Alakija, Genevive, Tuface(Tubaba) and others were made in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by 19naia(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria made it onto this list... Delta was the place noted for its oil spills... Lagos isnt the model of clean and good health on earth either
Blind rush to profit until there is no water fit to drink, no air fit to breath and no land fit to grow safe food to eat... Only then will people realize they cannot eat money...

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VgSMrZP9rk
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lagos, heart of nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by EmmyDe25(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Federal Republic of Lagos.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by Ninilowo(m): 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Eko akete........ I just love the city.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by aspirebig: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
The spirit of opportunities.
The spirit of hold up...the spirit of stress.
Wicked landlords, dubious agents...
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:08am On Oct 03, 2014
LMAyedun: Lagos, the pride of Nigeria.
The spirit of Lagos, the hustler's spirit.
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by MEILYN(m): 12:28am On Oct 03, 2014
I am from Kogi State but I rep Lasgidi anytime, any day. Eko Oni Baje
Re: The Spirit Of Lagos by hawk05(m): 4:24am On Oct 03, 2014
In the city of Lasgidi, thou shalt not play with big brothers..

Las Gidi, the spirit of brotherhood..

Lasgidi the world on its own..

Lasgidi the spirit of fearless

Lasgidi the state of mind

Above all, LASGIDI THE SPIRIT OF "BEBE NLO" O, JARE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria? / Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.