Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (26231 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by SenatorJames(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
I think many are scared because of:
-they don't pass through right way in choosing their partner (i just like her/him).
-not paying attention to red flags during courtship
-some are scared that their past can catch up with them in their future marriage.
-blindfolded by material things
-lack of parental and pastoral counsel and prayer.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by NifemiOlu(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2014
There's no pressure from marriage so far friends and family can mind their business. If couples agree on MONEY. Money is the number problem 'causer' in marriages.

And ehm, lastly, er, the joystick is good to behold too.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by orble: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
Feminism won't let marriages worth it.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
cheesy
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by laura8: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
TV01:

1. I feel united with someone I can travel through life with. Who accepts me as I am and lets me be me - no, she encourages me to be me, and makes me want to be better for her.

2. Don't know/not applicable, but with remorse and repentance, anything can be forgiven

3. First, prepare yourself. Be mature and of sound character. Properly understand marriage for what it is for, what it does. Form a consistent worldview/theology of marriage. Then find someone you fancy like mad, who is of sound character, and who shares that worldview, or who is at least on the same path. Commit to them, marry, them, live happily ever after grin!

There, proper marriage in a few easy steps.

Best
TV,

You make seem so simple..[quote][/quote]
But its not wink
Or?? Is it?
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by TV01(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
laura8:

You make seem so simple..
But its not wink
Or?? Is it?
The short answer to that is "yes". The slightly longer answer is "yes, but sometimes with varying degrees of effort".

Best
TV
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Theophinio(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
[quote author=uglyogre post=26802863]First define what is paramount to you and stick by it. Is it respect, love,compatibility, wealth, faithfulness,mutual understanding, patience,etc? what might be a deal to you might make no sense to another. it all boils down to what is important to you and not what others think
[/quote
Exactly Miss
Respect and faithfulness is far more important to me than anything else, not even love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! / Nigerians And Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.