Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? (3970 Views)

Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / We’ll Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In India-pro-biafra Activists / Boko Haram Shot 20 Dead In Borno (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Collynzo22: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2014

Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram leader
Abubakar Shekau dismissed Nigerian military
claims of his death in a new video obtained by AFP on Thursday and said the militants had implemented strict Islamic law in captured towns. "Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath," Shekau said, adding that his group was "running our... Islamic caliphate" and administering strict sharia punishments. Boko Haram has shown images of extreme violence before but the latest video shows at length graphic scenes of an amputation and a stoning to death as well as a beheading. It also purports to show the wreckage of a Nigerian Air Force jet that went missing in the northeast on September 11. Boko Haram said its fighters shot it down but the military denied the claim. The military announced last week that Shekau was dead and that a man who had been posing as the
group's leader in the videos had been killed after fighting with troops in the far northeast. Security analysts and the United States questioned the credibility of the military's claim. The new 36-minute video shows Shekau, in combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti- aircraft gun into the air. Standing in front of three camouflaged vans and flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa language widely spoken in northern Nigeria. There was no indication of where or when the video was shot. Shekau appears in separate images from the violence. - Propaganda claims - The heavily bearded Shekau, who appeared to be the same man as those in previous clips, said the military's claim that he was dead was propaganda. "Nothing will kill me until my days are over... I'm still
alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah," he said, apparently reading from a script. "It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul.
I'm an Islamic student. "I'm the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt... I'm not dead," he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group's mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009. There have been two previous claims by Nigeria's security forces that Shekau had been killed or "may be dead" but Boko Haram has later issued denials
in video messages. Elsewhere in the new video, the militant leader said the group had implemented strict Islamic law in the towns that it had captured in the northeast in recent weeks. "We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran... We now practise the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah," he said.
- Extreme violence -
The video showed footage of a man being stoned to death for adultery, another having his right hand cut off at the wrist for theft and a man and a woman receiving 100 lashes for sex out of wedlock. Crowds of men, women and children are seen watching the punishments.
There was again no indication of when or where the images were shot but on August 21, residents who fled the Borno town of Buni Yadi reported that the group had carried out summary executions. The scenes of graphic violence are not unprecedented but come as other groups in the wider jihadi network, particularly Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq, have issued similar footage. In a Boko Haram video obtained on August 24, footage showed the apparent execution of about 20 men captured in the Borno town of Gwoza and two others beaten to death with rocks and pick- axes. On the air force jet, Boko Haram fighters are seen apparently picking through the wreckage of the downed Alpha aircraft and the military's green and white logo is clearly visible. But air force spokesman Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP: "Our plane went missing some
weeks back and we are still looking for it. "For any group to claim they shot it down is mere
propaganda and rubbish."

http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-leader-dismisses-claims-death-video-092321171.html
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by kingingkinging: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tell me this is not true.

Plsssssss.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by philantoxx(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
if dis is true,it will be a big isshhh
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Collynzo22: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
But air force spokesman Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP: "Our plane went missing some weeks back and we are still looking for it. "For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish."
How stûpid does this man sound?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by DONGOYARO1: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria is in deep sh1t. Chris olukolade and maryln Ogar should be sacked forthwith ! They'v been misleading the Nigerian populace about this BH issue

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by DONGOYARO1: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Collynzo22:
How stûpid does this man sound?
He is extremely stup1d. Those fat military generals in Abuja are all thieves

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Airforce should have just keep quiet. Its clear BH have mastered there weaponry. If the could shoot down an Alpha jet then we BIG problem
RIP to our Airmen on Board Alpha 466

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na wah oooooo

We don't even know what to believe again.

DHQ should stop talking jarey and get the work done.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by UnknownT: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is the reason the defence headquarter was quick to issue a statement that "they are ready for the 3rd shekau". So in a situation whereby a video emerges and Shekau disputes his death, they will quickly tag him the 3rd Shekau! So if this news is correct, know it that this is Chris Olukolade's 3rd shekau
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Jakeattah(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Why don't they ask FG for land at the borders so they and their believers can impliment their "islamic state" there. Must they force innocent people?

Animals!!!

They should be shot with silver bullets and burnt, cos they are demons
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nnewi1stSon: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
These days it's hard to tell who is lying and who is actually telling the truth!
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
ona emhon kaka gbe....

What kinda peeps are these for Christ sake?!
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by fkaz(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Federal Government need to arrest boko haram sponsors and not killing boko haram member.

Forget shekau and his boys go after their sponsors, that will be the end of this insurgent "that is if jonathan want to end boko haram"
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by stfadaanthony(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
wot do u xpect d fool to say...it can't be true ad dis is nt him...
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by olapluto(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
BH seem to have mastered the art of picking holes in NA statements.
Since telling lies has become national sport under GEJ, I will just stay silent and keep praying to God to end this BH nonsense. If anyone is depending on GEJ, the person is in for a long thing.
Clearly GEJ is targeting a sustained offensive close to elections, but the damages are already done.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dead.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Collynzo22: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
I read that the beheaded the pilot in the new video.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Omololu007(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Collynzo22: I read that the beheaded the pilot in the new video.
pls post d link to d video,i will lov to see ao d pilot was beheaded
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Omololu007(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Major general chris olukolade,and air commodore dele alonge need to resign,if dey wont resign,dey should both b retired
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Collynzo22: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: pls post d link to d video,i will lov to see ao d pilot was beheaded
The gruesome parts will definitely be edited out before the video is uploaded.
That is why most boko haram videos are uploaded some hours after the articles on their release.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Tolexander: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Propaganda can only buy u horse but won't help ridding it!

All, because of the 2015 election!
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am just so speechless!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by idupaul: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
fkaz: Federal Government need to arrest boko haram sponsors and not killing boko haram member.

Forget shekau and his boys go after their sponsors, that will be the end of this insurgent "that is if jonathan want to end boko haram"

How do u expect Nigeria to go after America
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by egift(m): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Instead of working, Jonathan and his PR officers are busy feeding us lies.

I knew this the day the DHq released a very elaborate description of a combat operation that rescued the Chibok Girls few hours after they were abducted. While in reality, it never happened as we ended up finding out. My question was, who can conceive and share such an elaborate lie if not a very dubious mind.

My advise to Jonathan will be to immediately change the Defense PR officers, setup a 4 man underground man-hunt for SheCow and start telling Nigerians the truth about his incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
idupaul:

How do you expect GEJ to go after family?
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: pls post d link to d video,i will lov to see ao d pilot was beheaded
the are wearing the same Uniform with out boys. Holding the same rifle
God pass them
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
idupaul:

Calm down no be Buhari again

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Omololu007(m): 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ibnsultan: the are wearing the same Uniform with out boys. Holding the same rifle
God pass them
y is it dat d boko haram fighters we see on you tube do wear army uniform,but d ones dat are been killed are in civilian cloth,infact d shakarau dat d military claim dey killed was wearin agbada...lol

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: y is it dat d boko haram fighters we see on you tube do wear army uniform,but d ones dat are been killed are in civilian cloth,infact d shakarau dat d military claim dey killed was wearin agbada...lol
now that's a very good question and observation

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: y is it dat d boko haram fighters we see on you tube do wear army uniform,but d ones dat are been killed are in civilian cloth,infact d shakarau dat d military claim dey killed was wearin agbada...lol
Good question. The use military regalia similar to ours. I believe the use Normal civilian cloth for easy tactical maneuver(escaping
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by coolar: 3:49am On Oct 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGvXQwTKH_A

Link from the stvpid cramjones.
Re: Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? by BlackTechnology: 4:36am On Oct 03, 2014
3rd Shecow after the death of the real shecow.

Aluta Continua Victoria Acerta.

We shall triumph

Can someone ask Cameroon military bragging that they killed Shecow within our territory to verify their claim.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N50m, Aircraft And 12 Land Cruisers For Buhari's Campaign / APC Was Humiliated Today By @MrAyedee on twitter / Rejoinder To Vigilate Group Of Nigeria Publication Published On Tues June2,2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.