Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,802 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan (1764 Views)

We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns / Wike, Rivers Governor-elect Receives Certificate Of Return (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Outgoing Rivers State governor, Chibuike
Amaechi has formally launched a campaign
against the reelection of President Jonathan,
starting with a live phone-in programme.
The Vice Presidential hopeful under APC also
rejected requests by Rivers elders and youths
who publicly advised him to return to PDP as
they saw no future in the APC.
He also expressed doubts over the sincerity of
the president to ensure free and fair general
elections in 2015 as promised by the chairman
of the Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega.
Amaechi, who spoke on Tuesday evening when
he appeared on ‘Hard Facts’, a live phone-in
radio programme in Port Harcourt, the state
capital, vowed that he would never return to the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He said: “I will remain in the All Progressives
Congress and the state too should support the
party. I am supporting APC not because I have
not performed, but because if President
Goodluck Jonathan wins a second term, the
economy will crash.
“If he wins a second term, nothing will happen
here. The only thing that will happen here is
that buccaneers will loot the cash, all the
money we are getting. They have already
apportioned who will get what money.”
He described as diversionary, federal
government’s claims that the fall in revenue
allocation to states was as a result of oil theft.
“Today is better; tomorrow is bad; next
tomorrow may be worse. It has never been this
bad.
“It wasn’t that bad during Shagari government
as it is now. As I told you, some states can’t
pay salaries, so there is problem in our hands”,
Amaechi said. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=754066794655173&id=378378918890631&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6065593038885423623%3Amf_story_key.9149817321446205655&__tn__=%2As

2 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
waoooooo roti I ameachi d vice president aspirant of APC waoooooooooooooo d best is yet to come for this great country I love these waoooooooooooo south south and south east state should be prepared.all d stomach infrastructure they are operating will be stop when are tired of stomach infrastructure PDP is operating.

1 Like

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by kokoA(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Politics is nothing without opposition.. I love the fact that Mr. President has major opposition in the south south in the persons of Ameachi, Oshiomole, Timipreye and co.. It shows we are really in a democracy.

4 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by Mayydayy(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
and yet.the man speaks from the heart.
Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by 2cato: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
I pity APC if they make amaechi vice president barcanister and egift the clowns of nairaland even musima aka manck can do better than amaechi

10 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
abegi we are in democracy we need opposition party that will oppose a leadership that's not performing to a reasonable doubt.this is good for democracy, we need a vibrant leader in d government not d one that allow corruption day in day out all d way.we need change of hands in d government i strongly believe d South South and d South east people are tired of rice and kerosene bribery I believe they strongly embrace change.
Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by isrecole: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Opposition is necessary in a democracy but labelled with hatred will only bring anarchy because Nigeria has a desperate opposition who are hell bent on taking powers by all means. This is not healthy for our democracy. Amaechi is particularly insincere. He left PDP less than a year ago when did he now realise that President is misruling? We must be honest With ourselves. ALL the PDP Governors who left for APC were driven by inordinate ambitions and they saw GEJ as an obstacle. As a reply,the type of Amaechi must be told that we YORUBAS will vote GEJ massively because we have realised that HAUSA/FULANIS are domineering not even BUHARI or KWANKWANSO who are ethnic jingoists will have votes in YORUBALAND,we are waiting for them.

6 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by egift(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: I pity APC if they make amaechi vice president barcanister and egift the clowns of nairaland even musima aka manck can do better than amaechi

PDP getting famous by calling my name since 1914 grin

Isn't it funny how PDP touts are beating about the bush in their guess work in hope to influence and determine APC presidential candidate? They hope to pick the weakest individuals to face the Zoologist. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by 2cato: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
egift:

PDP getting famous by calling my name since 1914 grin

Isn't it funny how PDP touts are beating about the bush in their guess work in hope to influence and determine APC presidential candidate? They hope to pick the weakest individuals to face the Zoologist. grin grin grin
i said it egift and musiwa can do better than ameachi the clown

6 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by philantoxx(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Neva knew this Amaechi can be fooled per second billing.

1 Like

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by size38: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Philantoxx is a very stupid person. I listened to Amaechi's radio briefing this morning on 97.7 radio frequency. He never campaigned against GEJ or anybody. Even when the radio presenter asked him about future political plan, he plainly told him he will face his private life once he leaves office next year. So why all these lies on NL?

3 Likes

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by nigerianvenom(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: I pity APC if they make amaechi vice president barcanister and egift the clowns of nairaland even musima aka manck can do better than amaechi

do u think APC can ever rule nigeria?never!its propaganda and its in their blood

1 Like

Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by philantoxx(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
size38: Philantoxx is a very stupid person. I listened to Amaechi's radio briefing this morning on 97.7 radio frequency. He never campaigned against GEJ or anybody. Even when the radio presenter asked him about future political plan, he plainly told him he will face his private life once he leaves office next year. So why all these lies on NL?
hol"up dude.so am I your OP?we could both be silly u know.
Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by nigerianvenom(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
isrecole: Opposition is necessary in a democracy but labelled with hatred will only bring anarchy because Nigeria has a desperate opposition who are hell bent on taking powers by all means. This is not healthy for our democracy. Amaechi is particularly insincere. He left PDP less than a year ago when did he now realise that President is misruling? We must be honest With ourselves. ALL the PDP Governors who left for APC were driven by inordinate ambitions and they saw GEJ as an obstacle. As a reply,the type of Amaechi must be told that we YORUBAS will vote GEJ massively because we have realised that HAUSA/FULANIS are domineering not even BUHARI or KWANKWANSO who are ethnic jingoists will have votes in YORUBALAND,we are waiting for them.

thank u bro for this heart touching post
Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Amaechi matter tire me
Re: Outgoing Rivers Governor Opens Campaign Against President Jonathan by agabusta: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2014
isrecole: Opposition is necessary in a democracy but labelled with hatred will only bring anarchy because Nigeria has a desperate opposition who are hell bent on taking powers by all means. This is not healthy for our democracy. Amaechi is particularly insincere. He left PDP less than a year ago when did he now realise that President is misruling? We must be honest With ourselves. ALL the PDP Governors who left for APC were driven by inordinate ambitions and they saw GEJ as an obstacle. As a reply,the type of Amaechi must be told that we YORUBAS will vote GEJ massively because we have realised that HAUSA/FULANIS are domineering not even BUHARI or KWANKWANSO who are ethnic jingoists will have votes in YORUBALAND,we are waiting for them.

Leave tribalism aside bigot. How come your campaign line is always North this & that? Good governance has nothing to do with if the person in charge is from a particular area.

I can bet u are not a Yoruba. We don't play such silly archaic politics. We vote for personality and performance, and not party. All the south west states except Lagos has been ruled by both the PDP and others.

If u perform, u'll be voted for, if u dont....u'll be voted out. it's very simple.

STOP fanning the embers of tribalism.

Pres Jona has not performed to expectations, PDP has failed us at the national level. That is the reason majority in Yoruba land will vote them out. Simple

When Adefarati, Lam, Akande & Adebayo (Ondo, Oyo, Osun & Ekiti) of AD didn't perform to expectations, they were voted out.

PDP guys were voted in. Those were Agagu, Akala, Oyinlola and Fayose. When they messed up too, they were booted out at the polls as well.

Tinubu of Lag, Mimiko of Ondo, Fashola of Lag & Aregbesola of Osun were all able to win re-election because they performed reasonably well.

If any governor/party does not perform to the expectation of the masses in Yorubaland, they will be voted out. Just like the case of Fayemi of Ekiti.

(1) (Reply)

Dayo Adeneye, Of Kennies Music Also Joined Politics Under APC- See Photo / Another Helicopter Crash In Yola, Adamawa State / MASSOB Intros United States Of Biafra Vehicle, Driver Licences & Int'l Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.