Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? (6307 Views)

I Am The Jesus Of Nigerian Music - Jesse Jagz / Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers / The Richest Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Although many Nigerians have not take the time out to review the work of Jesse Jags; partly due to the craze for the commercial "pangolo" music. Nevertheless, you’d be hard-pressed to find a true hip hop head, who wouldn't count Jesse Jagz among the greatest of hip-hop poets.
When you truly look at the hip-hop art-form and disregarded record sales to focus on the colorful lyrics that make tracks like "Bed of Roses", “Jargo”, Nobody test me", “Pedal to the floor”, “My brother” and last year’s “God on the mic” sonic treasures. Jagz’s LP, TNC was counted by many as one of 2013′s best rap albums and with joints like "The Case", "Ain't Nobody", "Supply & Demand", "The search" amongst others, RNC is arguably one of the best released this year(2014), complete with Jesse Jagz spitting solid bars.

Among today Nigerians rapper, he's got the best flow, best lyrics, best beats, best singing, best voice, best rapper ever. He's the best artist ever. All his albums are critically acclaimed. Name it: JOAT, TNC and RNC. He blended soul music and hip hop to create three classic albums. Even his pop and reggae infused tracks are all great are great to listen to.
Jagz has that cross-over appeal and he's a d.o.p.e producer too and that's why he has to be in everyone's top five yo. Respect! It is worthy to know that Jagz is the brain behind M.I and Ice prince Career, producing monster hits like "Oleku", "superstar", "crowd mentality", "Undisputed champion" and "Safe".

His last album RNC is filled with originality and styles never heard before. His metaphors and word play are crazy and his lyrics are probably the best ever. You can call him the Rap God. His raps are genius, you can actually picture what he's saying... Story to tell, knowledge and lyricism are his top skills. When you listen well to his words it jumps out at you, and you soak every bit of it. His lyrical word play, and delivery is d.o.p.e. A MC not just a Rapper. Jagz got it all; Lyrics, Voice, Themes, Flow, Originality, Song structure and Storytelling ability. He gives you something to think about. He knows the history of hip hop and gives a strong answer to commercial rappers of today. He's got that international flow

Check out his discography:
Jag of all trades (JOAT)
Jagznation vol 1: Thy nation come (TNC)
Jagznation vol 2: The Royal Niger Company (RNC)

Do you believe Jesse Jagz is the greatest Nigerian rapper/lyricist of all time? Sound off in the comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZxNkDjbV8

3 Likes

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
The nigga is good but you're just overstating things here....

2 Likes

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by emarketer1: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
As far as am concerned, Jesse is a lyricist!!
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by philantoxx(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
the dude works really hard. not appreciated well enof tho.

1 Like

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
The favorite rapper discussion is cool and all, but the coveted distinction in hip-hop is still being named the GOAT (Greatest of All Time).

So the question remains: Who got the props?
............and the answer remains. Jesse Jagz!
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Rapaltar(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jagz is good....

But for me....i'll rather go with M.I and Modo!!..
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2014
Rapaltar:
M.I and Modo is good....
But for me....i'll rather go with Jagz!!..

Fixed. LOL
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by sweetguy10(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Jagz the greatest !!!!
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Rapaltar(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
JonBee1:

Fixed. LOL

lol..bro ure forgiven...

#goansinnomore
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by savedbreak: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Only the selected few that appreciate good music will agree with this... Jesse Jags is the best rapper in Africa judging with his last album Royal Niger Company that shines a light at the past history of this country.
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by yoji: 3:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Absolutely.....headies gotta give him alot of awards to retain any credibility they have left
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 11, 2014
The best but not d greatest.....yet
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by OdogwuMike(m): 12:00am On Oct 12, 2014
JonBee1:
Although many Nigerians have not take the time out to review the work of Jesse Jags; partly due to the craze for the commercial "pangolo" music. Nevertheless, you’d be hard-pressed to find a true hip hop head, who wouldn't count Jesse Jagz among the greatest of hip-hop poets.
When you truly look at the hip-hop art-form and disregarded record sales to focus on the colorful lyrics that make tracks like "Bed of Roses", “Jargo”, Nobody test me", “Pedal to the floor”, “My brother” and last year’s “God on the mic” sonic treasures. Jagz’s LP, TNC was counted by many as one of 2013′s best rap albums and with joints like "The Case", "Ain't Nobody", "Sunshine", "The search" amongst others, RNC is arguably one of the best released this year(2014), complete with Jesse Jagz spitting solid bars.

Among today Nigerians rapper, he's got the best flow, best lyrics, best beats, best singing, best voice, best rapper ever he's best artist ever. All his albums are critically acclaimed. Name it: JOAT, TNC and RNC. He blended soul music and hip hop to create three classic albums. Even his pop and reggae infused tracks are all great are great to listen to.
Jagz has that cross-over appeal and he's a dope producer too and that's why he has to be in everyone's top five yo. Respect! It is worthy to know that Jagz is the brain behind M.I and Ice prince Career, producing monster hits like "Oleku", "superstar", "crowd mentality", "Undisputed champion" and "Safe".

His last album RNC is filled with originality and styles never heard before. His metaphors and word play are crazy and his lyrics are probably the best ever. You can call him the Rap God. His raps are genius, you can actually picture what he's saying... Story to tell, Knowledge and lyricism are his top skills. When you listen well to his words it jumps out at you, and you soak every bit of it. His lyrical word play, and delivery is dope. A MC not just a Rapper. Jagz got it all; Lyrics, Voice, Themes, Flow, Originality, Song structure and Storytelling ability. He gives you something to think about. He knows the history of hip hop and gives a strong answer to commercial rappers of today. He's got that international flow

Check out his discography:
Jag of all trades (JOAT)

Jagznation vol 1: Thy nation come (TNC)
Jagznation vol 2: The Royal Niger Company (RNC)

Do you believe Jesse Jagz is the greatest Nigerian rapper/lyricist of all time? Sound off in the comments! don't know how else, to talk about how gud DAT dude Jesse Jagz is!! he's too Gud DAT I just can't find the right words to describe him . peepz who don't knew yet DAT he's d best rapper, lyricist, producer to eva emerge from Nigeria (Nd arguably whole of Africa) shud not exist on d Music Thread they should end in Alabama Market, wia dey can raise dere legss in Alanta Nd Shoki dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZxNkDjbV8
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2014
Jesse Jagz will be performing live 6.00pm today Oct. 12, 2014 at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja. (Cool fm anniversary event)
I don buy ticket tey-tey. Nothing concern me with the other artistes there.
I'm only going to watch "Jargo" and collect autograph signature "from the greatest"
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by fweshmax44(m): 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
the guy sabi... and greatest? Yea i think so
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
MI and Ice Prince confirmed that Jagz is the greatest.
MI rebukes Naeto C never to refer to him as one of the best Naija rapper.
Watch the footage for details

JonBee1:
Confession time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlIRp7RLmM
Thanks Jon.bee (like you said, REAL recognise REAL)

1 Like

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by michelz: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
OP, i totally agree with you. You just have to give it to him. He's in another class and distinction compared to his colleagues. The guy's lyrics is almost unexplainable,and he's definitely way up there with the greatest lyricists in the world. And to think he ''broke''away from his brothers influence says positively about his confidence in his ability as a lyricist.
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Emperortj93(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2014
Abeg anybody fit help share link where I go fit download "bed of rose" by Jesse jagz
I love that song like stolen money

1 Like

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Emperortj93:
Abeg anybody fit help share link where I go fit download "bed of rose" by Jesse jagz
I love that song like stolen money

"Bed Of Roses" is one of my personal favorites. Jesse Jagz goes dropping sick bars only with extra fire. Wow, Jesse killed it (boy! he can spit for days) and that hook couldn’t be better.
Coming off with a positive message about life and the hustle to get what you want, the delivery gets you into a head nodding rhythm atop this balanced ethereal instrumental. This is rap production at its finest.

Thy Nation Come is no doubt the most artistic and Thought-provoking album by a Nigerian in years. It got superior beats, the lyrics, the messages. This isn't just the average “out the studio” album. This is art. This is Jagz

http://www.fusiongreen.com/music/bed-of-roses

Support his work. Buy the album.

2 Likes

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by yoji: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
JonBee1:

"Bed Of Roses" is one of my personal favorites. Jesse Jagz goes dropping sick bars only with extra fire. Wow, Jesse killed it (boy! he can spit for days) and that hook couldn’t be better.
Coming off with a positive message about life and the hustle to get what you want, the delivery gets you into a head nodding rhythm atop this balanced ethereal instrumental. This is rap production at its finest.

Thy Nation Come is no doubt the most artistic and Thought-provoking album by a Nigerian in years. It got superior beats, the lyrics, the messages. This isn't just the average “out the studio” album. This is art. This is Jagz

http://www.fusiongreen.com/music/bed-of-roses
" i spit that boy wonder sh*t, me and my conglomerate, met the game re-configured it'.........see intro abeg , jagz is a beast. Cool .fm scammed me! Didn't see Jesse at the event, and that was d sole reason i went

Support his work. Buy the album.
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
yoji:

" i spit that boy wonder sh*t, me and my conglomerate, met the game re-configured it'.........see intro abeg , jagz is a beast.
Cool.fm scammed me! Didn't see Jesse at the event, and that was d sole reason i went

Mate, My hope was dashed. I was grossly disappointed.
I assumed that I arrived too late to watch him perform. I left as soon as it dawn on me that Jesse Jagz was not on the line up for the rest of the evening. Return back to Lagos next day.

I hope we might get a surprise repeat of "THE JESSE JAGZ EXPERIENCE" for Abuja and environ.
The sophomore concert was held in August 2014 in Lagos. This is a full orchestra to alive audience at the MUSON Centre, Lagos.
This is experience is out of this world. No miming pure live entertainment! It is the B.O.M.B!
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 18, 2014
@Yoji,
Do you know if there's a possibility of "THE JESSE JAGZ EXPERIENCE" 2014 for Abuja?
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by yoji: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2014
I doubt seriously cos it won't b a wise biz decision.
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Pdizzle(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jesse is the hottest now, with materials like TNC and TRNC, but i think he needs more material to measure up with Mode 9
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Jagz already have enough material to "murder 'em" (Mode 9, M.I, Vector, Ice Prince et al)
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2014

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
3 words!
Original
Gifted
Versatile
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by smartigo: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
No doubt,the guy is hot. His recent album keeps getting greener when I listen to it.

I love the most his originality!
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Gynacologist(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Rapaltar:
Jagz is good....

But for me....i'll rather go with M.I and Modo!!..
whch mi....jagz was made m i nd ice....
Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Matri10(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
He should run d rap game for years to come before u call if him the gratestestxc

1 Like

Re: JESSE JAGZ: The Greatest Nigerian Rapper Of All Time? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2014
JonBee1:
3 words!
Original
Gifted
Versatile

Authentic emcee!
Believe dat!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide – Fuji Garbage [DOWNLOAD] / Get Your Songs On Mtn Music+ and International Music Stores (Itunes, Spotify,) / Muraino Aboki Ft Zinoleesky - Ole(lazy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.