Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,456 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1234171 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
[size=18pt]The Second Niger Bridge Site.
The distance between the first and the second is very far that why many people dont believe work is going on there.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
HappyJoe:

No, it is not going to be a monorail, the person I talked to was clear about that.

Maybe the project was reviewed then; probably the reason it is yet to come on stream as at now. Hope we hear good news about it in 2015.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
A lot of federal government presence in Anambra.. cool cool

BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]The Second Niger Bridge Site.
The distance between the first and the second is very far that why many people dont believe work is going on there.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Face of okija beauty peageant photo speaks

IVM motor display for the winner

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I just don't like the location of that Nnewi mall.
Its not yet completed and we already have a heavy traffic there, imagine what will happen if .......

That is the best and perhaps the only remaining site in the heart of town for the mall. To make traffic flow easily;

1. They should ban street parking around the Mall triangle roads.
2. They need to build 2 roundabouts on the two points showed in yellow circles in the picture.
3. Then strictly enforce the One-Way direct of traffic for those coming from Nnobi road and those joining it. As showed in the arrow showing the road direction.

So long as people are allowed to drive as they please and make U-turns as they desire around that area, the traffic jams will simply worsen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
backtosender:
Face of okija beauty peageant photo speaks

IVM motor display for the winner

Na dis kain thing Obiano dey like grin

What arena is that though?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
HappyJoe:
For those who are interested, Obiano is planning the following:

1. Light rail system (worth $600 million - will be funded via PPP). The plan is to link Onitsha, Awka & Nnewi by rail. Onitsha & Awka can be easily linked using the median of the Enugu/Onitsha expressway. The links to Nnewi will be a bit tricky (land access issues).

2. A $150 million dollar investment in an 80MW power plant. (PPP too).

3. A $130 million dollar Cargo Airport at Umueri.

4. $60 million dollar ultra-modern bus terminal and mass transit.

Target for commencement is 6 months.

Please stop the childish taunts, let's focus on substance on this thread.

Abeg,make dem forget that light rail....Anaother white elephant project and by the way we dont need it.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
The dualization of all the roads around the mall is in the 2015 budget. Even the Sir Louis Ojukwu road will be dualized from Ozubulu junction to the mall..

OreMI22:

That is the best and perhaps the only remaining site in the heart of town for the mall. To make traffic flow easily;

1. They should ban street parking around the Mall triangle roads.
2. They need to build 2 roundabouts on the two points showed in yellow circles in the picture.
3. Then strictly enforce the One-Way direct of traffic for those coming from Nnobi road and those joining it.

So long as people are allowed to drive as they please and make U-turns as they desire around that area, the traffic jams will simply worsen.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Schematics:
The dualization of all the roads around the mall is in the 2015 budget. Even the Sir Louis Ojukwu road will be dualized from Ozubulu junction to the mall..

That will be wonderful to achieve. Nnewi needs dual carriage roads to help traffic.
I hope they know paying for property compensation will be a huge part of the money.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Myluv1:

Na dis kain thing Obiano dey like grin

What arena is that though?
is okija town

The human mike chido obidiegwu himself ..

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Schematics:

Nnaa,idikwa sure ....lol

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
HappyJoe:

No, it is not going to be a monorail, the person I talked to was clear about that.

Although intra city light rail system will do a lot of good for moving around Onitsha, it won't be peanuts because almost the entire railine will have to be a bridge. There are simply no spaces left for the train to run on land. It will be a herculean task designing and building an intra city train for Onitsha metro. The roads are really, really tight.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
The man who make things happen

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
greed
illiterate
power hungry
anambara people building houses on the roads
unplanned area
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
His Excellency, Obi Jackson, Chris McCool Nwosu, Okezie ndukwe...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Is like they used the occasion to campaign for Ndukwe.. cheesy

backtosender:
The man who make things happen obi Jackson
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sorry i have tons of pics but when i got to the cafe to upload my drive got corrupted by their system.

I could only post that for now but let me work on my drive to retrieve all the corrupted files.

Bear me abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
his excellency,obi jackson with his (Ori aku)wife

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Schematics:
Is like they used the occasion to campaign for Ndukwe.. cheesy

hahahah most likely judge for yourself

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Pictures of the corrupted drive or............................. cheesy

Meanwhile rural areas in Anambra be like Texas country-side. The hotel is in the rural area of Oba. Picture courtesy of: redsquare

BuddahMonk:
Sorry i have tons of pics but when i got to the cafe to upload my drive got corrupted by their system.

I could only post that for now but let me work on my drive to retrieve all the corrupted files.

Bear me abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dr Ndukwe, Philip Umeadi Jnr and others arriving on red carpet...

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
OreMI22:

Although intra city light rail system will do a lot of good for moving around Onitsha, it won't be peanuts because almost the entire railine will have to be a bridge. There are simply no spaces left for the train to run on land. It will be a herculean task designing and building an intra city train for Onitsha metro. The roads are really, really tight.

No, there aren't thinking about an INTRA city link, they are thinking about an INTER city link - i.e a railway to connect Nnewi, Onitsha & Awka. The plan is to expand it to other towns in future.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Very sure. It is already in 2015 budget.

Continued the governor: “Nnewi people are enterprising. We are giving them a Mall so that they can have a befitting business experience. Governor Obiano assured that the road around the site would be dualized in anticipation of an increase in traffic, expressing confidence that the premises would take any number of vehicle given the fact that vehicles would be parked on top of the project while cultural activities of the people would also take place on top of the project.http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72703

OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,idikwa sure ....lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
something i have noticed about obiano is that he is not a "desk clerk" type of governor, he seems always on his feet and on the move.
such attitude could ginger other to join him in making things happen.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
I'm beginning to follow this man's taste for Fashion and class

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Malawian:
something i have noticed about obiano is that he is not a "desk clerk" type of governor, he seems always on his feet and on the move.
such attitude could ginger other to join him in making things happen.

You were definitely thinking what I was thinking ; the guy is always on the road to feel the people's pulse,supervise projects and just touring the state to see how things are looking. And I love him for that. This shows determination,strength and drive.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiano swag enwero part 2.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
uduokirika1:
I'm beginning to follow this man's taste for Fashion and class
exactly what came to my mind first lol.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,idikwa sure ....lol

"Governor Obiano assured that the road around the site would be dualized in anticipation of an increase in traffic, expressing confidence that the premises would take any number of vehicle given the fact that vehicles would be parked on top of the project while cultural activities of the people would also take place on top of the project."

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
What is going on? Just stepped out now at our village square called NKWO and noticed that more people are still entering Uga. I noticed this same trend when I went to Osumenyi last week.................. cool

Freeglobe what is causing all these?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
When I got to Uga junction it was the same thing..

Freeglobe please come and explain this to me..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Schematics:
What is going on? Just stepped out now at our village square called NGWO and noticed that more people are still entering Uga. I noticed this trend when when I went to Osumenyi last week.................. cool

Freeglobe what is causing all these?

I'm not in uga since yesterday, Yeah, there was even traffic jam up to nkpologwu the other day. And I saw so many Andy Uba's sienna campaign vehicles over the place. I think government should expand that roundabout and surrounding roads

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.