Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation (61873 Views)

Troops Repelled Attempt On Mada, Rescues Women In Firigi - Defence HQ / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / My 7 Thoughts On The New Shekau Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by deolu2000(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: I won't be surprised if Chris Olukolade withdraws this statement.
he will stylish say it,we were not sure at the time and will keep investigating. I hail NG,may God defeat His enemies!
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lordlexyy: Speculation over the death of shekau though a welcome development, hope there's any truth in it after all. However, i can't bring my head to think that a sizeable part of Borno is still governed by the Islamists and the military is waiting for them to come out. I just don't want to imagine the trauma and agony the innocent Nigerians under their rule are going through. For those who may attack my comment as anti government. My expression is a feeling of concern for my fellow country men and women. Death of Shekau or not, at this point, we should have gone beyond the activities of terrorists holding us to ransome in our own soil and territory, not after the much taunted bravery act our military was perhaps known for. And this should be a reference point why candidates for presidency should be appraise or examine or quiz base on this. Is immaterial when and how the insurgency started, what is important here is; to what extent have we curb the manace and at what cost. For example, i can't imagine country say South Africa leaving side by side by terrorists and yet pretend everything is fine. Even Kenya bordering dreaded El shabab will never allow any part of its territory to be balkanise by the arms men. While we celebrate the recent gains of our military against the insurgents, we mustn't forget that we are in a sorry state of anarchy with almost no functional gov't.

1000likes

4 Likes

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Horus(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCjrR1d7uLM

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Releases New VIdeo, Says He's Alive![/size]

A new video released through the regular channels has shown his face, and he is vocally debunking the stories of his death, and he has added that he is still in the business of making a Caliphate out of Nigeria.

The AFP says the video is 36-minutes long.

“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau cackled, adding that his administration was still “running…a Caliphate” and administering the punishments as prescribed by Sharia law.

There had been previous skepticism (by observers of the Northern insurgency) over the death of the man known as Shekau when it was reported last month.

In the new video, Shekau wore combat fatigues and black rubber boots, and he was standing on the back of a pickup truck, shooting into the air with his anti-aircraft gun.

It is unclear where the video was shot. He spoke for 16 minutes in two languages: Arabia and Hausa.

The heavily bearded man, who looks not unlike the previous Shekaus in older videos has rubbished the military’s claim that he had been killed, calling it propaganda.

“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said, apparently reading from a script.

“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.

“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.

“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practice the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he said.

The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.

An air force spokesman said the jet was missing.

“For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish,” Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Suspect33(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
GEJ till 2073

1 Like

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Richardjemedafe(m): 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Old roger is dead and gone to his grave, hmm haaa,
gone to his grave ! They snapped him many photos and
posted it for us ! Hmmmm haaaaa, posted it for us,
Now old roger got up to claim he is not dead,
hhmmmmm haaaaa now Wat shall we do ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Firefire(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
fireforfire:

u nearly tiff my name

if ee no be panadol, ee no go be panadol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by timilehing(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
That bastard should have been captured alive for interrogation
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by yokiti: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
So, while waiting to see the new video before any further statement, our message to them is that justice will be served to whoever bears that name or designation and whoever engages in the act.
I love this paragraph; death to all that are terrorizing the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by cannonnier(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
DONGOYARO1: Yes no one gives a damn, no one gives a damn about the innocent men, women and children who are presently in the claws of the Haramites at Gwoza, Damboa, Marte, Bama, Buni-Yadi, Limankara, Michika, Madagali, Ashgashiya, Gulak and other towns that are all still in the complete control of the Haramites

some people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their ILUSSIONS destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Is shekau a spirit (evil) bcoz i dont understand the trick that he is trying to play with nigerian soldiers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by PENCILLER(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Long life and prosperity
NIGERIA
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by teufelein(f): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Atmmachine(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
The real Boko Haram leader was shot & killed in 2012.
An impersonator sprang up to take his place & that one was killed in september 19 2014

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by HARDDON: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
DONGOYARO1: Yes no one gives a damn, no one gives a damn about the innocent men, women and children who are presently in the claws of the Haramites at Gwoza, Damboa, Marte, Bama, Buni-Yadi, Limankara, Michika, Madagali, Ashgashiya, Gulak and other towns that are all still in the complete control of the Haramites

N how if I may ask, did u get this info?

#ithinkssomeoneneedstobebroughtin4intterrogation
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Trustyd1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
For celebrating 1st Oct. Independent without bomb blast? That beast is dead and so shall it remain
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by maestroferddi: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: I won't be surprised if Chris Olukolade withdraws this statement.
Shekau's position is up for grabs.

Do the needful and apply. Take the support for your hero to the next level.

Don't remain a coward!

3 Likes

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Atmmachine(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCjrR1d7uLM

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Releases New VIdeo, Says He's Alive![/size]

A new video released through the regular channels has shown his face, and he is vocally debunking the stories of his death, and he has added that he is still in the business of making a Caliphate out of Nigeria.

The AFP says the video is 36-minutes long.

“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau cackled, adding that his administration was still “running…a Caliphate” and administering the punishments as prescribed by Sharia law.

There had been previous skepticism (by observers of the Northern insurgency) over the death of the man known as Shekau when it was reported last month.

In the new video, Shekau wore combat fatigues and black rubber boots, and he was standing on the back of a pickup truck, shooting into the air with his anti-aircraft gun.

It is unclear where the video was shot. He spoke for 16 minutes in two languages: Arabia and Hausa.

The heavily bearded man, who looks not unlike the previous Shekaus in older videos has rubbished the military’s claim that he had been killed, calling it propaganda.

“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said, apparently reading from a script.

“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.

“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.

“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practice the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he said.

The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.

An air force spokesman said the jet was missing.

“For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish,” Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP.

He's an impersonator.
The real boko haram leader has a lump on his fore head

1 Like

Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Edunwa302(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
So shekua don dey use tokunbo 2004 Toyota highlander dey fight our garrant army..........since deir APC armoured tanker don enter voice mail
Believe it or not dis devil is dead
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by creativemusic: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Nemma(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Old roger is dead and gone to his grave, hmm haaa, gone to his grave ! They snapped him many photos and posted it for us ! Hmmmm haaaaa, posted it for us, Now old roger got up to claim he is not dead, hhmmmmm haaaaa now Wat shall we do ?
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by froshswagoon(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na story 4 d gods...#observin[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by authority2006(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
HARDDON:

N how if I may ask, did u get this info?

#ithinkssomeoneneedstobebroughtin4intterrogation
Because he said something (truth) that you didn't want to hear. When was the last time you heard NA telling that Gwoza or Damboa has been liberated?
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by enomakos(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
who is the new shekau?
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by HARDDON: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
authority2006: Because he said something (truth) that you didn't want to hear. When was the last time you heard NA telling that Gwoza or Damboa has been liberated?

Gwoza? Damboa? Those names of animals ? Plants or fruits?

BTW, We r talking about uprooting a monster tree by d roots, u r reeling about cutting its branches.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by lonelydora: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Why is he standing in front of Armour Personal Carrier, APC?
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Afroconnect: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
The name shekau is irrelevant,what is important is building a strong armed forces to deal decisively with any terrorists elements,choke them out of the system.

Nice word from the Army chief.

God bless the rugged Nigerian soldiers,Airforce and DSS personel.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Afroconnect: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
The name shekau is irrelevant,what is important is building a strong armed forces to deal decisively with any terrorists elements,choke them out of the system.

Nice word from the Army chief.

God bless the rugged Nigrin soldiers,Airforce and DSS personel.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Hafyz23(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
if sumone came up dat d bearded beast isn't dead, kill dat beast as well. Kill all those harramite. Even all those Ileya's Rams to b slaughtered wud die as heroes comparing to those coward boko haramites animals
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
[/quote]Our message to them is that justice will be served to whoever bears that name or designation and whoever engages in the act. -Defence HQ[quote]

YES. Justice will be served. Again. And it will be cold!

The New Shekau, his handlers and apologists should take note.

Kudos to our gallant soldiers/military!
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Jesusloveyou: 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
publicenemy: He better be dead.
u better kill him or gej better vacant aso rock.
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by 100Cents: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
TechWalker007: It is obvious there are those who are trying hard to make Boko Haram look invincible.

It is also shocking to see certain people almost literally jumping for joy about the news that Shekau is alive.

I commend our troops and may they kill anyone who takes on that name!
May our troops continue to kill them until they run out of "Shekau".

Sure! Bullet isn't their problem...
Re: Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
KEEP CREATING DEM "SHEKAU", WE'LL KEEP DESTROYING THEM... RUBBISH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fatima Adamu's Wedding: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Attend (Photos) / Seyi Tinubu, Wife Name Their Son Bolatito Ayyan Tobias Jidenna Akanbi Tinubu / Roco Nnadiekwe Aka Ja Rule Shot Dead In Orlu, Imo State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.