Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme (1646 Views)

Thug Embarrasses Tinubu During Accreditation / Photo Of an Infant Undergoing Accreditation At Fulani Market Polling Unit? / Card Reader Delays President Jonathan's Accreditation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by jliusadura(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2014
It's no longer news that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board under the leadership of Prof. DIBU OJERINDE has banned thousands of CYBERCAFE OPERATORS from participating in the 2015 UTME registration exercise by restricting registration centres only to CBT centres.

For those who don't know, the following points are very important for Nigerians to note as I state them bellow:

1. JAMB under Prof. Dibu Ojerinde wants to monopolize UTME registration revenue for few rich individuals therefore preventing thousands of ordinary Nigerians ( cyber cafe operators) from the exercise. We suspect this to be a grand ploy to sharing such revenue among themselves while ordinary Nigerians who have been able to create jobs for themselves through online registration business are forced to close shops and join army of unemployed youths in Nigeria. It is a wicked plan to make the rich become richer while blocking opportunities for those who are trying to move up.

2. That JAMB under Prof. DIBU OJERINDE is creating inconveniences for millions of 2015 UTME applicants who may have to travel to far distances in order to get registered by few available CTB centres. It should be noted that some states have as little as two CBT centres. This policy creates unnecessary problems for applicants. As a matter of facts, one of the objectives of introducing online registration is to end congestion of JAMB candidates at JAMB offices and some sales points. Are we now back to square one?

3. JAMB under Prof. DIBU OJERINDE used to collect N10,000 each from thousands of cybercafe operators to get access code for UTME registration. In 2012, the payment was said to be refundable but for 2013 and 2014, the money was never re-funded. This money amounted to billions of naira. We are not complaining of paying for access code and we are ready to pay for 2015 UTME registration. If JAMB is uncomfortable because access code can be shared, they can make it in form of license.

4. Nigerians should note that JAMB under Prof. Dibu Ojerinde has always pursued policies that targeted excluding majority from participating in UTME registration so as to favour few capitalists who have direct contact or relationship with him most probably with the aim of collaborating with such people for mutual exclusive financial benefits. Such policies include the introduction of biometric license, the introduction of access code and yearly payments. Because these steps failed to stop the 'poor' thousands of cybercafe operators from engaging in their legitimate business through which they survive, the JAMB registrar has now taken now taken his policy of exclusion to a new level.

CONCLUSION
We call on our President, Goodluck Jonathan who is a lover of the poor and the weak to prevail on Prof. DIBU OJERINDE to stop this selfish capitalist policy and allow hundreds of thousand of cybercafe operators scattered all over the country to participate in the 2015 UTME registration. We are aware that our dear President has been working tirelessly to create jobs for the youths and therefore this policy by Prof. Ojerinde is anti-productive to Mr President's Transformation agenda as it will throw thousands of people back into unemployment market. We also call on well meaning Nigerians to prevail on Prof. Ojerinde to stop his anti-poor policy. JAMB is a public/government agency and not a private concern, he should therefore not personalize its policies and operations. JAMB belongs to all Nigerians. Thank you as you read and share. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by cyberguy72(m): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Let us come together and resist this injustice. OJERINDE MUST GO!
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by Blenvado(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2014
Exactly my argument when i found out JAMB has excluded Cyber Cafe Registration centers after collecting N10,000 from previous years' accreditation.
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by Joevics(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thats the point, i think all cybercafe operators should come togather and file a suit against jamb. I cant imagine rivers state having only 4 jamb registration centres.
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by jliusadura(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thank you all for your contributions. Please let's keep this thread alive to get the attention it deserves. It is not about us alone but also about over one millions UTME applicants who would be put through stressful experience just because they want to register foe JAMB exams.
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by taiwoowiat: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
This will really be a welcome idea.but all I want d jamb management to look into is d issue of cyber cafes not being allow to register candidates.i agree with their reasons but they should give the cafes time to upgrade to a fully equipt cbt center so as to meet the requirement by the board.Also it will ease the stress on the candidates locating a cbt center that is far away from them.I think it will be wise to effect it from 2016.
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by jliusadura(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2014
There is a meeting currently going on Abuja among stakeholders concerning JAMB registration and the lack of meaningful progress by CBT centres which are saddled with the responsibility of registering applicants for 2015 UTME. The ongoing meeting may give room for cybercafe operators to participate in this year registration. Unlike cybercafes, CBT centres have not been able to register appreciable numbers of candidates.

There are also indications that many members of JAMB board are unhappy with the exclusive use of CBT centres for registration because most of the CBT owners are close allies of Prof. Ojerinde. Infact, many of the approved CBT centres don't have functional infrastructures on ground - they were given license based on promise they made to put in place necessary infrastructure; a promise many of them have failed to fulfill.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by fmcoolc: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
GOD will bless you all for this peaceful protest. by the grace of God we will win this war. thanks and more update please
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by Malawian(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
they came to my cafe to beg me to register with them. now check out these terms. i am to pay them 25k for just 53 students, i did the maths and it amounted to roughly 450 naira per student. this is the money they want to collect from me up front irrespective of whether i get that much students to register. and i can only register 53 students for that amount and if i need more, i buy more access from them. immagine these thieves who feel they can eat their cake and still own it.
i dont think i will do the jamb registration this year.
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by accesscoded: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2014
Jamb Access Code 2015,

Click and download the attached file, follow the steps as explained to activate your system.

If you need more info call me.

My number is on the attached file.

Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by Malawian(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
accesscoded:
Jamb Access Code 2015,

Click and download the attached file, follow the steps as explained to activate your system.

If you need more info call me.

My number is on the attached file.
you na one funny yahoo yahoo guy sha, not only do you want to gba 3,000 from mugus, you also want full access to their systems.

i dey laugh. grin grin grin
Re: Thread For Cybercafe Operators Over Non-accreditation For 2015 Utme by LeoDeal: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Let's redirect our (Nigerian Cybercafe Operators) petition to the current Federal Government. Let it be copied to NCC, and other appropriate Directorates and Government Agencies in the TELCOM and ICT Administration in Nigeria. It is a fight to be fought to the end.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

"You May Cover Up Here, But Before God, There Is No Cover Up!" - OBJ Blasts GEJ / Kudos To Lagos APC!! Truly Tinubu Is A Collosus. / The Undoing Of Igbos In Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.