Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! (805 Views)

Diezani: "I'm In Pains, I Don't Think There Is Anything Doctors Can Do Beyond" / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo / Boko Haram Has Not Killed Chibok Girls - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by daben1(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has reappeared in a new video, dismissing the military claims of his death.
He said the militants had implemented strict Islamic law in captured towns.
He said in the video: “Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath.”
“We are running our Islamic caliphate” and administering strict sharia punishments.”
“Nothing will kill me until my days are over. I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah.
“It is a propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.
“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead.”
The new 36-minute video showed Shekau, in combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti-aircraft gun into the air.
Standing in front of three camouflaged vans and flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa language.
There was no indication of where or when the video was shot.
The heavily bearded Shekau, who appeared to be the same as those in previous clips, said the military’s claim that he was dead was a propaganda.
There have been two previous claims by Nigeria’s security forces that Shekau was dead – once in 2009 during unrest in Maiduguri – and again in 2013.
Following each previous claim, Boko Haram has issued denials in video messages.
The military said last week that Shekau was dead and that a man who had been posing as the group’s leader in the videos had been killed after fighting with troops in the far northeast.
Security analysts and the United States had however questioned the credibility of the claim by the Nigerian military.
The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.
The military authorities has stated that the jet was missing.
Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by 1stola: 11:31am On Oct 03, 2014
Where is the damn video
Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by datguru: 11:35am On Oct 03, 2014
daben1: Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has reappeared in a new video, dismissing the military claims of his death.
He said the militants had implemented strict Islamic law in captured towns.
He said in the video: “Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath.”
“We are running our Islamic caliphate” and administering strict sharia punishments.”
“Nothing will kill me until my days are over. I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah.
“It is a propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.
“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead.”
The new 36-minute video showed Shekau, in combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti-aircraft gun into the air.
Standing in front of three camouflaged vans and flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa language.
There was no indication of where or when the video was shot.
The heavily bearded Shekau, who appeared to be the same as those in previous clips, said the military’s claim that he was dead was a propaganda.
There have been two previous claims by Nigeria’s security forces that Shekau was dead – once in 2009 during unrest in Maiduguri – and again in 2013.
Following each previous claim, Boko Haram has issued denials in video messages.
The military said last week that Shekau was dead and that a man who had been posing as the group’s leader in the videos had been killed after fighting with troops in the far northeast.
Security analysts and the United States had however questioned the credibility of the claim by the Nigerian military.
The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.
The military authorities has stated that the jet was missing.

1 Like

Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by Neldrizzy(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2014
Shekau is dead and gone... This is anoda shekau look alike.. i watched the video and his face was covered all tru ..

1 Like

Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by lonelydora: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2014
@Op, you are a Boko haram sympathizer. Shekau both 1st and 2nd are all dead. Kudos to our gallant men. They will keep killing any available Shekau as long as they keep assuming that name.

1 Like

Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by daben1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
lonelydora: @Op, you are a Boko haram sympathizer. Shekau both 1st and 2nd are all dead. Kudos to our gallant men. They will keep killing any available Shekau as long as they keep assuming that name.
no i'm not, probably they're saying His dead for their political ambition and political cover-up, 2015 is around the corner you know.
Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by daben1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
1stola: Where is the damn video
i was one the camera men, l'll bring d video 2 ur house
Re: Don't Think Boko Haram Has Gone Into Extinction, Shekarau Is Not Dead!! by 1stola: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
daben1 post=/post/26829862:
i was one the camera men, l'll bring d video 2 ur house
liar

(1) (Reply)

Bala Ngilari Is In PDP / Baba And Jona (a Short Story) / Is this realy logical or just a coincidence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.