Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (65902 Views)

(photos) Model With The Biggest Hips In Africa Releases New Photos / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer / MTV Africa Releases Their List Of Top 20 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by simdam500(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
monsuru560: [size=14pt]where is terry g
free madness angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
[/size]

TERRY G HAS GOT A FAN
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ziggyzito: didn't you see tuface there?? Why shouldn't d'banj be there? #hatersMustDie
i wil reply u wen u get atlist 1likes
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Dolemite(f): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Styl plus isn't on the list? BULLSHI-T!! CAN'T LIST AN 'OF ALL TIME' WITHOUT STYL PLUS angry angry

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Borokinim(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
I beg to disagree sir. This list cant be Nigeria all time best. If you meant the last decade, that i can understand.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by marztar(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
This list must have been compiled by a 10-year old.. Its rubbish.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by otunbaskills(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wao...Don jazzy produced 5 of the 20tracks!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by humblesteve(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
ismokeweed: Limpopo is among 20 greatest nigerian songs of all time? What a country.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by TCUBE(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
The government needs to lock up the people that came up with this list. I sincerely hope these people aint nigerians
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by zizytd(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
[quote author=austinbrown]What of Sky B[/quote
quote]
Dem dae call musicians u dae call sky B, him no even get surname. Person wae Duncan mighty better pass 100 times
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by youngbest(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Not suprised at all, they shouldn't have used all time most songs on the list where chosen because of popularity instead of content. All I can say is just drop your own list some list I have seen here contains songs that has made me over smile .
I won't number mine cos I believe you cant really grade such things, they touch you in different ways.
Fela army arrangement
Paul play forever
Nneka v.i.p (vagabonds in power)
Onyeka -one love
Shina -peters dodo ati rice
Ebenezer obey- olomi
Osadebe- kedu America
Faze -letter to my brother
2 face -one love
Victor uwaifo -guitar boy
Naeto c -devil is a liar
Resonance- chi nwe ike
Daddy Shoki- diana
Seyi shodimu- love me jeje
Zakki -I suppose to marry am
Sunny Neji- ikebe
M.I - talk about (most underated song)
Morroco maduka - oko osisi
Nelly uchendu - love nwantiti
D banj - top of the world
.... Nigeria has produced music let me just stop, the list is endless

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
[size=50pt]Not complete without lagbaja ''' Never Far Away'''[/size]

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Buchi11(f): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Which song do you think is missing from the list?

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0
Styl Plus: Olufunmi

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Apart from Africa Queen, Why me, Olive twist, Oleku, Jailer, Yahooze and Jailer the rest are just one time hit song.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Too many omissions - any list not featuring Fela (teacher no teach me nonsense is a personal favourite), Onyeka Owenu (one love), Prince Mbaga (sweet mother), and even Shina Peters (Afro Juju/ACE) is highly incomplete.

Even if you want to do a list from 2000 till date, there's no chance there'd be any Davido/Kcee song in the top 20 (Skelewuism and limpopoism notwithstanding grin).

You'd definitely have the likes of 2face, Lagbaja, Dbanj, and even Terry G. grin
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by moxsella(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where is kukere by Iyanya
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by blowjohn(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
ismokeweed: Limpopo is among 20 greatest nigerian songs of all time? What a country.

Dude, u won't find any King sunny Ade on d list cos those ones never thrived via mtv. Besides if u rily do a lot of music genres, especially Rock music, u'll understand why limpopo is a classic naija song. Its got this old skul feel nd the chorus is rily nostalgic!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Pdizzle(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
It has to be according to the airplays and sponsors on MTV, it would have been better if they say in the last decade, 'of all times' is an insult to 9ja
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Bbklopsy: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
Faze - kolomental n originality
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by dhatboy: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
What of kerewa by zule zoo!? If you listened to kerewa and you can't sing it from a-z then you're a saddist.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by aku626(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't believe 85% of the songs listed above should be there if we are talking of "all time"
We have to respect our elders. MTV africa clearly knows nothing about the history of Nigerian music.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
1. African queen - 2face

2. Olufunmi - Slyl plus

3. Kolomental - Faze

4. My Car - T. Tetuila

5. Dem mama - Timaya

6. Get squared - P Square

7. Nabaka - Jeremiah N

8. Oruka - Sunny Nneji

9. Dorobucci - Mavins

10. Jailer - Asa

Dats my top 10
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by simdam500(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
M.I - SAFE still airing
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Tattooboy: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
bykebyke: Faze-Kolomental?
love dis song chei
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Daskeepol(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Olamide eni duro
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Alfred234(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
sholay2011: Asa's 'Jailer' or any of her excellent tracks should have easily made top 5.

In my opinion, Jailer>>>>>>>>> African Queen.
1million likes for u bro
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by sirjohnson(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
uprigtd: Of all time Bawo? So None of Fela, Sunny Ade, Osadebee, Victor Owaifo., Ebenezer Obey and Co's song made the cut? Issorait. That's their opinion sha. #But Thats None Of My Business

My thoughts too.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Alfred234(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
This list is wack like W.T.F? wat are songs like Skelewu, Holla at ur boy,Limpopo & Chop my money doing on this list like Seriously? Asa's "jailer" is supposed to b number one on this list followed by African Queen then others.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
What of Asa- fire on d mountain and ty bello- d land is green
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Skrhema: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Idris Abdulkarim's Mr Lecturer should be on the list. Naija sang that song like mad back then.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Skrhema: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Alfred234: This list is wack like W.T.F? wat are songs like Skelewu, Holla at ur boy,Limpopo & Chop my money doing on this list like Seriously? Asa's "jailer" is supposed to b number one on this list followed by African Queen then others.
. Bro you are right but then African Queen is still number 1. I will like to see what the list look like when it comes to the African Continent.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by niggereyez(f): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Which song do you think is missing from the list?

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0

the songz are great.. but definitely NOT the greatest of all times...
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by momo22: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
Rubbish! Where are the likes of Fela Kuti, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Osadebe, Oliver the coque, Onyeka Owenu etc
Abi na only hip hop?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I Was Born Broke, But I Will Die Wealthy”- Wizkid Shares Throwback Vs Now Photo / Pictures Of Nicki Minaj Before Surgery / Jidenna Wore This Dress To Harper’s Bazaar Icons Party, Trends On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.