Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils (20410 Views)

Mobil-1 5w20 And 5w-30 Oil / Where To Get Mobil 1 5w-20 Synthetic Oil / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils by USPlaceofAutos: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2016
pragmatistm:
If you use semisynthetic or fully synthetic oil and your mileage is less than 5000 miles in a year, is it necessary to change the oil filter in the car engine? If so, how many changes in a year is necessary?

We think oil filters should be changed when you do your oil change. There's no point changing the Oil filter now and then the oil later. You might miss or overlook when to do your next change and this could cause a damage that you could have avoided.

Except you dont mind changing your oil filter (Oil filters are cheap) twice before your oil change if you are sure you can keep the date and you can afford it.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Re: Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils by AlphaT1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2016

He's wasting money unless his engine design specifically calls for synthetic car.

Let's be realistic here, we're talking about a run of the mill Camry. Had it been an engine built to absolute tolerance like a Supra then using a full synthetic oil is advisable.

Additionally, I hope you guys that jump on the synthetic bandwagon and are going for long term oil change (without sending your oil to a lab to verify if you can indeed use a long term interval oil change) are using the correct long term oil filters.

A good dino oil from a reputable manufacturer changed at prudent interval is all that is required.

PS: Don't ever presume to educate me on what Mobil1 is or isn't.

Source: http://quicksilvercars.villageheadmaster.com/

Pls which oil is suitable for Hyundai Tucson 2013 model (SUV)? I have been using Mobil 1 too but I really want to change, it's too expensive. The car manual was stolen in Lagos.
Re: Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils by Resido: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
One thing my honda car manual says is that to use 5w20 but 0w20 us also acceptable. Another thing it says is change interval of 10,000miles or 1year on the condition that i use Genuine Honda oil.

Now, i know that Genuine Honda oil is synthetic. If i have another brand of trusted quality, i will use as per their instructions.

In Nigeria, the conventional oil is 20w50 and recommended by 99% of Nigerian mechanics. I am aware that that oil is not recommended for my car, so i sought out to get an affordable option since Genuine honda oil at N2,500 per 1litre bottle x5 is expensive and difficult to find.

My car taking 4.2l with filter at service means i have to buy 5 litres. My options were:

Mobil 1 0w40 synthetic 4litre @8000 + 1litre @2200 making N10,200
Total quartz 9000 5w40 synthetic 5litre @ N8,000
Castrol edge 5w40 5litre @ N9,000
Milemaster 5w20 synthetic blend 5litre @ N6,500 now N6,000

From the list it was very obvious that milemaster was it. I bought 2 thats 10litres and have been toping since my engine shorts oil every 1000miles. I was worried of the quality of the oil but i stopped being scared after the engine performance became better as a result of the change. I have recently clocked 6000miles but will change soon at 6500miles my target. The oil doesnt look like it needs change and even tempted to go more since i have been topping.

My take is to use the manufacturer recommended oil weight or something close to it that is affordable. Thats all.

Unrealistic prices Sir
Re: Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils by mayor2013: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
AlphaT1:

Pls which oil is suitable for Hyundai Tucson 2013 model (SUV)? I have been using Mobil 1 too but I really want to change, it's too expensive. The car manual was stolen in Lagos.

5w30 full synthetic is suitable for ypur car. Call multi autolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get yours
Re: Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils by ebuks4ever(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
AlphaT1:

The recommended oil is printed on the oil cover cap. Should be 5w20.
Check out our oem grade oils www.mrparts.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Convert My Petrol Engine To Diesel Engine / Please Advice: What Car Should I Buy For Mom ? / Nigerians Dont Care About High Mileage? - Is It True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.