Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? (1255 Views)

What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position / What Does The Future Hold For Metallurgy And Materials Engineering Students??? / Common Interview Questions And What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by esmeralda1(f): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
I went to a seminar today and the speaker said smthing that one must be able to work in a team.
It kept me wondering the main importance of this ability, cos I always tot it was because of relationship with colleagues but the emphasis seem more than just that.
There was no question section, I could av asked d speaker.
Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by shamsuRana(m): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
Just like the point guard in a basketball team,relevancy,positive conceptualization and intelligence are constituents of a great team player.The team or group your assigned to work with should feel your inputs in all facets of work,make yourself soo relevant that your exit may not be too easy on the team. smiley
Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by esmeralda1(f): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
shamsuRana: Just like the point guard in a basketball team,relevancy,positive conceptualization and intelligence are constituents of a great team player.The team or group your assigned to work with should feel your inputs in all facets of work,make yourself soo relevant that your exit may not be too easy on the team. smiley
Thank u I understand, but then is it all coys dt involve in teamwork?
A person like an accountant pls xplain hw he is needed in a team, team of what? Just xpantiate pls thank u
Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by AmazingSolutnz(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
esmeralda1:
A person like an accountant pls xplain hw he is needed in a team, team of what? Just xpantiate pls thank u

The concept of Team work is so very important in many organizations. Take for instance, I just got called up by a superior today to write an appraisal for a set of junior workers and one of the criteria was TEAMWORK. Guess what the options were: 1. Exceptional Team Player 2. Works Well with others 3. Some difficulties working with others 4. Works very poorly with others. The high flier is one that is an exceptional Team player, meaning he /she is able to collaborate with others , actively participate in the pursuit and attainment of set group or deparmental goals.

You need to understand that this is a really important trait and one that you need to excel at.
many organizations even go a step futher by organizing TEAM BUILDING Events-aimed at helping their employees improve on their abilities to be more closely knit together as a team.

Now, as an accountant, as you asked, do you do all your task all alone -even when collaborative effort is expected? How do you relate with other fellow accountants in doing your work? Do you keep all to yourself and care not about the work challenges that other colleagues may be facing-even when you are in the brainstorming session?
Do you like or dislike working with others in your unit?

All these are factors that the management (and others) do obseve and bring into consideration whenever an opportunity arises to rate your performances. So, for Team work ability, I don't think you have an option...you just got to groom it, bloom it and deploy it there at the workplace.
...hope that helps!

1 Like

Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by shamsuRana(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2014
esmeralda1:

An account for example cannot be the only one in his place of employment.He must hv been entwined in a group at some point to brain storm or solve an issue which maybe novel or difficult.it could be a team of 5 or 6 or more people picked out to solve a task,or more like a committee setup for a particular thing to be solved.I may not be able to explain better,coz my field of discipline is not in line with accountancy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by Ade5(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
This team player topic is quite foggy. Some people use it as a guise to delegate their work in the name of teamwork and in the process, put their other colleagues in a tight spot because some of these colleagues are also very much concerned about their reputation as good team players.
Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by CrazyMan(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
esmeralda1:
I went to a seminar today and the speaker said smthing that one must be able to work in a team.
It kept me wondering the main importance of this ability, cos I always tot it was because of relationship with colleagues but the emphasis seem more than just that.
There was no question section, I could av asked d speaker.
Team work ability simply means the ability of a team member to make every member of the team feel important, included, and motivated to be the best team you could possibly be. When a team player lacks this ability, then the team fails.

Let's look at a football match. Its the responsibility of the captain to ensure that his players respect each other, motivate each other, and get along well with each other. The moment one player begins to feel above the rest, the team begins to loose matches.

I hope I answered your question.
Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by KillerBeauty(f): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Team Work Ability, What Does It Mean? by esmeralda1(f): 12:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Thanks all, I feel a lot better, I guess it particularly relates to big establishments.

(1) (Reply)

After NYSC What Next? / 28 Year Old Nigerian Lady Qualifies As A Commercial Pilot (photo) / Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.