Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (51487 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Audinowing(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2014
kobonaire:
Banking is a subset of Accounting .... Accounting is not just banking.
I will not even comment on the rest as the utter ignorance of the the original post is mind boggling ... lipsrsealed
You have answered the op correctly. I even wonder why the topic made FP.

2 Likes

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Juicysam(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2014
As men of honour!!op your ignorance is pardoned.Go and sin no more
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Odehfamily(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2014
mesoade:
Here are the few overrated courses in nigeria.

(1). Accounting
this course is overrated,i wonder why someone would spend years studying this course when my sister had B.sc in Biochemistry,went for a 7months training and she is now working in a bank.

(2). Microbiology
Don't need to say much about this,the course is quite tough though,but after spending 4 years studying it,most of them end up teaching.
mark my words not all microbiologist but most.

(3). Political science
I Don't need to say much about this course,because it's already speaking for itself.

(4).Business administration.
Only God knows how the peeps that studied this course gets employed.

(5).Pharmacy
yea,i know you might be surprised seeing this but it's true.
Most pharmacist end up opening a shop to sell drugs,but the few that are employed are paid in 6 zeros.

You are free to add yours
With Respect to Pharmacy on your list. I have a question for u @ op: Is a Pharmacy Store(Drug Business) a bad thing? for ur information it is the fastest growing business in the world. Thanks
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Odehfamily(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
With ur Pharmacy Store! You re boss on ur own
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Arsenate(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2014
jojutolu:

Boss i hail o, thanks for exposing our dear myopic op especialy on d noble profesion. . . .as men of honour, we join hands. Pls where did u av ur internshp and pls give me some tips cos i'm presently warming up 4 mine too.
forward your applications to as many institutions as possible. you'll most likely get invites from a couple if not all. make sure you perform well in the tests and interviews and also make sure you attach the necessary credentials....
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by sharpman1(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2014
mesoade:

(1). Accounting
this course is overrated,i wonder why someone would spend years studying this course when my sister had B.sc in Biochemistry,went for a 7months training and she is now working in a bank.

Olodo!!! Working in a bank does not mean you know accounting or mean you are an accountant. What sort of silly analysis is this?

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Arsenate(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2014
the OP most have studied IGNORANCE at whatever school he might have attended and most have graduated with a first class.

3 Likes

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by drered(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2014
jojutolu:

neva bother urself bro bout hw much d comunity pharmacy makes per mnth. Dnt mind d op who knws les to nthng. Ask ur wife if she's around dat was it 'r n g' dat she did? Dat's wat mst people dnt knw. A pharm. dat undastands wat d license he/she has wit hm/her earns btw 500k to 1m anualy apart 4m dr mnthly salary. Thank God dudes dnt c dat 4m a far and dy dnt undastand wat it means to own wat dy cal 'drug shop'
That wasn't register and go which is not legal anyway.. If she decided to do that, depending on her bargaining power its usually 1mill upwards per annum.. That was just locum..
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by jojutolu(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2014
drered:
That wasn't register and go which is not legal anyway.. If she decided to do that, depending on her bargaining power its usually 1mill upwards per annum.. That was just locum..
bt she goes once a week. . . .
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nelson2014(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2014
wat is dis op sayin..accountin is nt all about workin in bank..
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by yagachi(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2014
papiforreal:
architecture, all engineering disciplines,biochemistry,law, medicine. in short,education is very very overrated in naija.

abeg comot all engineering haba!!!
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Glexxx: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2014
Senseless post.

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Jennydoris(f): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2014
donhils:

Have you ever been given the opportunity to defend yours before or have you seen any that was given the opportunity?

What is this one saying?
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Adesinawale(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2014
mesoade:

(1). Accounting

that could be thou, but note that, not all those that works in bank are accountant, and working in bank does not make them accountant,
so, there is a clear different between those that are truly certified to just working in the bank.
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by kclee(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Currently anybody can work in a bank, your sister working in a bank does n't make her a chartered accountant. Accounting is very wild a course,=== auditor, taxation, management & cost accountant,consultant,financial analyst,forensic analyst etc
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
simplyglow:
political science is one course i think has little or no relevance.

Yur dumb brain qot no idea bout wha Political Science z about........Can yu imagine......i thouqht qooqle was made so yu could surf and know more about thinqs yu dont know about.....BruV qet in touch with yur qooqle undecided

2 Likes

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
I pity this pikin shall, he just wake up from sleep come type wetin heh non know. Abeg make una forgive am say at times some people brain dey knock at times.

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
I pity this pikin shall, he just wake up from sleep come type wetin heh non know. Abeg make una forgive am say at times some people brain dey knock at times. secondly the guy don turn celeb because Na front page things, whether wetin heh yarn correct or not, heh dey don be celeb. Abeg bros remember me wen don dey chop d money oh
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by joshrare(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
The right approach to choosing any course in the university is to get enough info about the course. These includes
.How many firm/factory/organization/ ministry etc can you work for?
.Possibility of setting up a related bizness in absence of employment
.Most importantly target good grades
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by joshrare(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
kclee:
Currently anybody can work in a bank, your sister working in a bank does n't make her a chartered accountant. Accounting is very wild a course,=== auditor, taxation, management & cost accountant,consultant,financial analyst,forensic analyst etc

I almost said this,..... But you beat me to it sharp guy

Well said bro
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by AngelJennifer: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
mesoade:
my sis,a science studnt did 7mnths training and is now working in a bank,what do u call dat?

Does working in a bank makes your sister an accountant. Are you sure she is not a cashier. Accountants work everywhere; accounting is the language of business.
Bank is one of those establishments that employs accountants to work for them.

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by AngelJennifer: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Edited

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by charleff512(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
piagetskinner:
Which one be overrated again...Go to school, read well and pass well.. and by Gods grace u'l come out shining
#I do not know where people get this ideology of bringing threads and counter threads of which course is best and which is least.
When we set our minds on inconsequential matters like these, we give no room for progress...BE THE BEST @ WHAT U DO. period!
You have just spoken my mind.
Every course is a field of research to solve a particular problem in the human society.That these courses don't pay well in Nigeria is not enough reason to condemn it.
In other climes these courses are the money spiners.

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
charleff512:

You have just spoken my mind.
Every course is a field of research to solve a particular problem in the human society.That these courses don't pay well in Nigeria is not enough reason to condemn it.
In other climes these courses are the money spiners.

Perfect response.

2 Likes

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by charleff512(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
papiforreal:
architecture, all engineering disciplines,biochemistry,law, medicine. in short,education is very very overrated in naija.
Oga, these are professional fields.
Most of the people that go into these fields do so for fulfilment and not for pecuniary gains.
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by radiance26(f): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
adora4u1:
As long as you be graduate, who cares?
Abi,true talk
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by rkarang: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
mesoade:

(1). Accounting

(2). Microbiology
Don't need to say much about this,the course is quite tough though,but after spending 4 years studying it,most of them end up teaching.
mark my words not all microbiologist but most.

(3). Political science
I Don't need to say much about this course,because it's already speaking for itself.

(4).Business administration.
Only God knows how the peeps that studied this course gets employed.

(5).Pharmacy
yea,i know you might be surprised seeing this but it's true.
Most pharmacist end up opening a shop to sell drugs,but the few that are employed are paid in 6 zeros.

Your sister should have taken a 7-month programme and start working as an "auditor".

Mark you, your sister will still have something to tell you after 5-10yrs of doing the job. When she does, don't forget to drop em here for us.
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by rkarang: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
kobonaire:
Banking is a subset of Accounting .... Accounting is not just banking.
I will not even comment on the rest as the utter ignorance of the the original post is mind boggling ... lipsrsealed

God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by rkarang: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
Marc9:
Modify dis quote and begin with 1) MBBS. 2) MBBS. 3) MBBS,......

The total number of candidates applying for medicine and surgery every year in nigeria universities is almost the number of people living in Lesotho

Stop the hatred, you've never got someone in grave need of MBBS grads right? If you don't believe, all you need do is to visit "wards" at hospitals.... You need to see how people keep hoping on how doctors could save their lives... When you get their, you'll find out that the reach also cries....

So stop showing/expressing your dislike/hatred for doctors.

1 Like

Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by rkarang: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
MichaelAustin:
law nko?
Law is d most overrated course 2day
too many lawyers roaming d streets, some instigating problems just to have a charged an bail case to fight hunger
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by rkarang: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
MichaelAustin:
law nko?
Law is d most overrated course 2day
too many lawyers roaming d streets, some instigating problems just to have a charged an bail case to fight hunger

OMG cheesycheesy grin
Re: Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by oluFELAxy(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Did the OP just say Accounting is over rated?

You are outrightly wrong. Your sister who did just 7 months training will never be as good as the person who studied Accounting/Accountancy in a University or Polytechnic.

Accounting is not just any course, it is broder than you see it. Have you heard of Auditing, Fund Accounting, Tax Accounting, Forensic Accounting etc.

Moreover, Accounting is dynamic such that a 7 Month training will get you a job, a six years training will secure you a job. And you say Accounting is over rated. Plus the application of Accounting is just everywhere you go, it does not only in the bank.

Just confess that you are ignorant of what Accounting is or you do not understand the meaning of over rated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Locate Lagos Waec Office? / Funny List Of Nigerian Universities & What They Are Known For / Buhari Receives Ufot Ekong, Nigerian Student That Solved 30yr Old Math Puzzle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.