Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities (50307 Views)

What Are The Departments In NDA? / 5 Departments In OAU Where Bagging First Class Degree Is Almost Impossible / 10 Departments In The University Which Girls Admire Their Guys (2) (3) (4)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Rapmoney(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
During my sojourn in the Ivory Tower, I was able to figure out that some departments didn't just host lively students and activities. News hardly came from such departments and it seemed these departments were not part of the university community! After visiting some Nigerian higher institutions of learning in recent times, I discovered that the 'boring' phenomenon still exists. Below are some of the departments cheesy wink:

1) Department of Religious Studies: often times when I walked passed this department to my faculty, I couldn't help but wondered whether it is a grave yard since the whole place would be so quiet. The students are not usually much too and they always have this facial expressions of 'Na wa...na me dey study this one'...'Abeg, I don tire for life sef'...'Na make e no be like say we no go school' grin. You hardly hear any campus news from this department too! I wonder what graduates from this department do because I haven't seen any of the religious studies graduate during my time yet!!!

2) Department of Agricultural Science: The value or importance of agriculture in Nigeria cannot be over-emphasized but the way most Nigerian students see this course has made it to become such a boring department that most students on campus look down on with dismay! Most guys who find themselves in this department/faculty, sometimes, feel inferior to approach babes in departments/faculties such as Law and Medicine because they always erroneously think that the babe would look down on them! grin. Na Agric Faculty dey always carry last for my university faculty football championship competition! grin. That inferiority mentality still dey affect them!

3) Department of Philosophy: Another boring department! I once thought of students in this department having a quiet room where they sit and reason for hours as part of their semester exams!!! cheesy. I told a friend and he almost laughed his head off! grin. Na for this dept dem go tell you say the spirit of God dey everything, so you fit address a cup as God! It's such a quiet department.

4) Department of Secretarial Studies: I don't think most of the secretaries in many establishments studied this course to work as a secretary. This department is hardly known and heard of on campus. It is mostly patronised by a handful of rural girls from neighbouring communities who dress like Mary-Amaka! grin

5) Department of Geography/Regional Planning and Urban Development: Another boring department! I don't think they ever held any event such as departmental/award night till I left school! It is a nice course but boring department in most Nigerian schools!

In essence, I think it is the mentality of the Nigerian society that has 'inferiorized' (I wonder if such word exist in English) these departments and the students under them.

You can add yours! cheesy

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by tpiander: 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Rapmoney:

5) Department of Geography/Regional Planning and Urban Development:

let it go!

you are way out of your element, must you be flogged mercilessly before it sinks in?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Rapmoney(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
tpiander:

let it go!

you are way out of your element, must you be flogged mercilessly before it sinks in?
Troll alert!!! cool

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by DebbyChris(f): 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Bros.. E be like say u neva hear of "Nursery and Primary Education"
Btw, which skul u attend?
#team_ECONOMICS.. #team_DELSU

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by kenedy175(m): 2:08am On Oct 15, 2015
Department of secretarial studies?? I no fit laugh grin. There are some courses people should never study.

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by omusiliyu(m): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2015
Urban and Regional Planning

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by MizFrances(f): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2015
Which one be secretarial studies again? grin

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Leyemoshood: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2015
Geology grin

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/0
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by frankwells(f): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
[size=20pt]
that those not matter in 9ja ooo,just collect ur pali and face a new life
meanwhile:9ja Rappers turns Singers:https://www.nairaland.com/2666705/rappers-turns-singers
[/size]

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by EbirichBen(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
They are not, You just need it for a Job in Nigeria.

Again, you need all course in life to move ahead. without one of those "Boring" courses or profession, just think of how live will be.

you can only agree with me if you have attended a School or Educated

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by realjoker(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
For sale
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Caliph69: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Depends on your school.

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Pvin: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
boring or no boring, the color of ur certificate will not make u u.

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by ojemglo(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
ABEG WHAT TIME WILL ROTIMI AMAECHI SCREEN BY SENATE TODAY I KNOW WAN MISS MY MAN IN ACTION....MY ROLE MODEL.BACKING HIM WITH THE BIBLE BOOK OF JOHN 8:7

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Obinna53: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
True talk,but leave agriculture aside dude

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by frankwells(f): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
[size=20pt]
that those not matter in 9ja ooo,just collect ur pali and face a new life
meanwhile:9ja Rappers turns Singers:https://www.nairaland.com/2666705/rappers-turns-singers
[/size]
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by iykebest1(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Most people are there just to get the bleeping certificate.

Same are going to end up in Oil firms and MNCs.

I love Naija shaa.
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Lincoln275(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Civil Engineering cos of Low number of girls in dt dpt

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Dottore: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Library Science nko
Food science/Tech
Cooperative studies

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by kullozone(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Lol...

Why am I even laughing sef

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by ogawisdom(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Library science

Agric engineering

Anthropology

Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba dept

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by surawilly(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
language dept
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by dOnLarich: 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Department of pure n applied biology
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 15, 2015
Department of Human Kinetics # uniben

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by prettytasha(f): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2015
how many students in the lively depts have jobs now ?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by 5starmilitant: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Nursery & primary education........
Animal science.............
Horticulture..............

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by dOnLarich: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Department of social science Faculty of law grin

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by angieberry(f): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by Sijo01(f): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
No. 1 is so true. I noticed it in my Alma mater too

Re: 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities by kenedy175(m): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Fisheries

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Viral Pause Challenge Hits South African Schools (Pictures)