Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 (4614 Views)

Joda Commitee To PMB: Sack Jonathan’s Last-minutes Appointees, Review Contracts / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now / Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2014
eruchboy:
RIP to the courageous dead crew and our forces shall keep winning.But i am yet to understand how a "low flying" jet(not even a passanger plane) can kill `about 63' enemies except they crammed themselves or it was carrying super bombs.Mr aye "found" out what he "believes" to be the "actual story".I believe the part our ground forces "radioed" for help,they being gunned down &then parachuting down.BUT if this tale is "fully" true `i think` it shows `part' of the faults of `some' of our military leaders/tacticians who send our forces to fight without sufficient support.Why will a company(maybe 100 men or less) try to "overrun" an enemy that its front line is obviosly more than half their number(the 63 killed were part of their reserves) by themselves.my problem with the pilots is they flying at low altitude when they can simply drop bombs from high then firstly take out the enemy weapons like anti-aircraft/machine guns and they then crossed 1km into enemy lines.
what I think was the problem was that the plane used wasn't suitable for actual battle or combat,don't forget that even more sophisticated airforce plane can be brought down with some anti aircraft guns and I will want to believe that boko haram do poesses these weapons.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

Call it what u want to. Thats ur opinion. I have seen many videos of these beheading and its horrendous to watch alone. In as much as no one wants to be face with such but I still say cos no one knows where one would be or the misfortune one would face. BUt no one should watch someone beheaded and no one should be in the situation of being beheaded. In order to prevent that, I say fight to death. If in that position I would fight too, simple. If u dont like the statement go to hell.

OK, Mr. Superman. I wonder if you would be able to speak coherently if faced with one of Shakau's boys. It is not hard to know a coward.

Very insensitive post. Instead of wondering why no one fights back (a trend that seems to have cut across all terrorist execution), you sit there saying trash. A sensitive person would consider possibilities while wondering why no victim fights back.

Anyway, you can go to hell too if you don't like my statement

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Omololu007(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:
What I ask people is this. If u knew u were going to be killed by boko haram, will u just stay kneeling waiting 4 them to place a knife in ur throat and cut deep into ur neck or would u attack them and try to kill as many as possible b4 they gun u down? I won't sit and wait, I will fight to death.
u mean u can fight,if ur hands and legs are tied
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Omololu007(m): 11:59am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
you said they had the choice of choosing to either parachute in a friendly area or crash the plane and get killed in an enemy area . The first thing any military man will think of is his safety and they will have parachuted in an area withing their own forces area . What happened was that the plane was shot and damaged and there was no way or means for them to parachute in the nigeria army area .simple. Why will they choose to get caught if they can avoid it.

I wasn't the one that said that o.

Anyway, they didn't plan to get caught. Their plan was to take out as much BH fighters as was possible.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
you said they had the choice of choosing to either parachute in a friendly area or crash the plane and get killed in an enemy area . The first thing any military man will think of is his safety and they will have parachuted in an area withing their own forces area . What happened was that the plane was shot and damaged and there was no way or means for them to parachute in the nigeria army area .simple. Why will they choose to get caught if they can avoid it.

Anyway, they didn't plan to get caught. They planned to take out as much BH as possible with a ill-fated jet. It is called a kamikaze attack.

I don't know how true this story is but if it is true, then they are heroes.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

Anyway, they didn't plan to get caught. They planned to take out as much BH as possible with a ill-fated jet. It is called a kamikaze attack.

I don't know how true this story is but if it is true, then they are heroes.
I am sorry if I misquoted u , but it would have been a different story if they did the suicide crash and got killed in it ,then we will know they died as heroes,even samson did a similar thing ,but the op gave the impression as if they had a choice but just decided otherwise. Their plane was shot at and they had no choice but to crash land in an enemy area. They were left with no choice.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
I am sorry if I misquoted u , but it would have been a different story if they did the suicide crash and got killed in it ,then we will know they died as heroes,even samson did a similar thing ,but the op gave the impression as if they had a choice but just decided otherwise. Their plane was shot at and they had no choice but to crash land in an enemy area. They were left with no choice.

True indeed. I understand your point. But they did take out some 60 BH fighters. I think we should consider that too.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by lorRhyMeZ: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Whatever happened to the phrase,"He who fights and runs away LIVES to fight another day"...

And for my candid opinion,I think the pilots shud have bailed when they had the chance...they bail,return back to base and re-strategise..I mean it wasn't as if bokoharam were posing a very critical threat to nation at that very period...

And my verdict,their actions were foolhardy..that's if I even believe this story Op posted...
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

True indeed. I understand your point. But they did take out some 60 BH fighters. I think we should consider that too.
the aircraft is worth 60 bh fighters , but that pilot is worth more than 1000 boko haram soldiers. Do u know how much the fg spends in training a pilot to combat ready stage? Not to talk of his experience which he could have passed on to junior pilots . I know he had no choice because if he did have a choice he won't choose to kill 60 bh fighters and get caught,he knows he is more valuable than that .
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:
Whatever happened to the phrase,"He who fights and runs away LIVES to fight another day"...

And for my candid opinion,I think the pilots shud have bailed when they had the chance...they bail,return back to base and re-strategise..I mean it wasn't as if bokoharam were posing a very critical threat to nation at that very period...

And my verdict,their actions were foolhardy..that's if I even believe this story Op posted...
exactly my point.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by eruchboy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
what I think was the problem was that the plane used wasn't suitable for actual battle or combat,don't forget that even more sophisticated airforce plane can be brought down with some anti aircraft guns and I will want to believe that boko haram do poesses these weapons.
well i can't presume as the real pilots might even have died in the crash,but an alpha jet(which i believe they were flying) is not like a training plane or attack helicopter which can be brought down even with a machine gun
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by lorRhyMeZ: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
the aircraft is worth 60 bh fighters , but that pilot is worth more than 1000 boko haram soldiers. Do u know how much the fg spends in training a pilot to combat ready stage? Not to talk of his experience which he could have passed on to junior pilots . I know he had no choice because if he did have a choice he won't choose to kill 60 bh fighters and get caught,he knows he is more valuable than that .

The pilots had no choice?? Is it me or did I not see a sentence where Op indicated that they could have parachuted out and not land within enemy lines?
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by whitecat1: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Who among the pilots survived to give this information? Or was it one of the Aso rock cooked up stories? Was black box retrieved or was this from communication? I don't buy it if the audio is not released with expert analysis showing those were the voices of the pilots.

Considering how it was first reported that the Jet was never shot down until bokoharam released the video, people need to take this info with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by RockMaxi: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Honesty I know it is only God that have the power to forgive sins.
O Lord for this brave heart please let this soldier rest in eternal peace. Amen embarassed
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
eruchboy:
well i can't presume as the real pilots might even have died in the crash,but an alpha jet(which i believe they were flying) is not like a training plane or attack helicopter which can be brought down even with a machine gun
u haven't been following the story, some few weeks back, 2 pilots made it back to their military base with the exception of 1. I never said ordinary machine gun ,I said boko haram has anti aircraft guns designed to shoot at planes as was demostrated by the new shekau impostor in the new video
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
Omololu007:
u mean u can fight,if ur hands and legs are tied

Look at the video again. Their hands and legs are not tired but even if they were. In my opinion it's best to die with a bullet to the head than the agonising feel of a blunt blade cutting into ur throat.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sensational writing and indirect worship of terrorism will not resurrect your Shekau. Everyone must stop reading from these silent sympathizers of Boko Haram. I have decided to stop reading.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

OK, Mr. Superman. I wonder if you would be able to speak coherently if faced with one of Shakau's boys. It is not hard to know a coward.

Very insensitive post. Instead of wondering why no one fights back (a trend that seems to have cut across all terrorist execution), you sit there saying trash. A sensitive person would consider possibilities while wondering why no victim fights back.

Anyway, you can go to hell too if you don't like my statement

Ok Mr batman, ur opinions remain ur opinions and mine remain mine. The gift of life was and ist given freely, the last u checked it was still free. So no boko haram or ISIS has a right to take it, talk less of taking it agonisingly by beheading. Are u people well at all? When one knows he is going to die, though people may react to fear differently I don't see what's wrong with a case of fighting back. I fight back and so would many other people so don't come here and talk Bullshit and expect people to be cowardly like u.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
idupaul:

They have mind techniques they apply on the captive before execution, like first they treat his wounds to make sure he would stay alive to shoot the propaganda video then they shoot many of such videos on different days and after each shhot he is returned back to his cell and told the videos are needed to get the govt to exchange hime for a boko commander in govt captivity .. So on the day he will be killed he still thinks its the same routine but this time the axe drops for real.. So don't blame him

So far this is the most intelligent reply to my question. The rest the commented on my question stupidly are eediots.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by ayukdaboss(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
Billyonaire:
Sensational writing and indirect worship of terrorism will not resurrect your Shekau. Everyone must stop reading from these silent sympathizers of Boko Haram. I have decided to stop reading.
Stop typing trash Mr.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

Ok Mr batman, ur opinions remain ur opinions and mine remain mine. The gift of life was and ist given freely, the last u checked it was still free. So no boko haram or ISIS has a right to take it, talk less of taking it agonisingly by beheading. Are u people well at all? When one knows he is going to die, though people may react to fear differently I don't see what's wrong with a case of fighting back. I fight back and so would many other people so don't come here and talk Bullshit and expect people to be cowardly like u.

Rants of a Yabaleft patient. Look how incoherent you have been sounding. Who said anything about life not being a gift? Only a Yabaleft patient mishears words. Since you are strong, why can't you go and join the army, let us see if you will last one second.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

Rants of a Yabaleft patient. Look how incoherent you have been sounding. Who said anything about life not being a gift? Only a Yabaleft patient mishears words. Since you are strong, why can't you go and join the army, let us see if you will last one second.

U really are a piece of work. How do u know what I do or who I am? How do u know if I am not in any of military organization? How do u thing I got the information I have? How do u know, if I can't track ur whereabouts now with the technologies in our disposal. I really shouldn't blow my cover like this but just get lost.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

U really are a piece of work. How do u know what I do or who I am? How do u know if I am not in any of military organization? How do u thing I got the information I have? How do u know, if I can't track ur whereabouts now with the technologies in our disposal. I really shouldn't blow my cover like this but just get lost.

Do you know who I am too? Abeg, go to hell.

And what information did you give? Is it the way you will react when terrorist get you? Is that a piece of information in Yabaleft?

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

Do you know who I am too? Abeg, go to hell.

And what information did you give? Is it the way you will react when terrorist get you? Is that a piece of information in Yabaleft?
U are already in he'll so I won't worsen ur situation. I won't be replying u again. It's a waste of my time. I know who u are though, it's wonderfully easy how one can hack into ando person's account. Internet is a wonderful thing.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

U are already in he'll so I won't worsen ur situation. I won't be replying u again. It's a waste of my time. I know who u are though, it's wonderfully easy how one can hack into ando person's account. Internet is a wonderful thing.

I dare you to give my first name here on this thread. You know me indeed like I should be scared. I am not a coward like you. Spit it out or STFU.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
Alpha 466 was a fast moving fighter plane not design 4 Ground attack. At high speed & altitude including its dumb ordinance it becomes VERy difficult to hit target on the Ground
The brave pilots Fly slow at low altitude so as to have a much more accuracy. Which was very very dangerous as the are expose to triple A fire.
- During the libyan Air buffer zone enforcement allied forces fly F16 A/F. Multirole jets along side typhoon the fly low at high altitude with precision/laser Guided missiles making them immune to Ghaddafi triple A Guns firing from the Ground
I salute the Pilots on board.

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by SamIkenna: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aside your family nothing is worth dying for.

To see that some folks die for a geographical area called Nigeria is beyond me. Nigerians need to remember Yogoslavia and the amount of blood spilled to make it what it was not destined to be. In the end water found its level like it always did - real nations emerged from the carcass of Tito's conglomeration of strange-bed fellows.

Using Nigeria as a template in hindsight, one could also visualize how many young Yugoslavs perished in the protection of 'One Yugoslavia' mantra. Today, seeing what has and will always become of Nigeria, I cannot believe that at one point I flirted with the idea of joining NDA. I guess the saying that one man's meat is another's poison is apt in this context. To that end I say - Rest in God's peace Mr Hedima. And may the good Lord give your family the strength and grace to bear your loss.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
berem:
you have been watching too much of american war films lately. Too bad the way you reason in a situation like this.
U mean u would sit down there till they behead u.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
onatisi:
yes ,he should have fought them like jackie chan or jet li. Or even killed 2000 of them as rambo or arnold would have done or even maybe killed them all like james bond . Don't mind those soldiers they don't watch american films .

U most really love American movies
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by nickxtra(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Curious! If both pilots are dead, so what is the source of their last moments as narrated above? RIP to them, although.

(1) (2) (Reply)

READ Rev. Mbaka's Warning Message To Buhari / Saturday: Niger Delta Avengers Are Twitting Several Attacks Right Now.. / Chibok Schoolgirls: 1,000 Days In Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.