Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse (33800 Views)

DSS Arrest Wanted Boko Haram Member That Carried Out UN Abuja Building Bombing / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by greall1: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Barka

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by hensben(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
no picture to confirm if na true
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by garyaustin(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
A corporal in the Police has so much money!!!!
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
I hope those people calling for Tb Joshua's head swing to action again. It was a church then,now its a club/bar. What say ye now?
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Gaidenk:
I hope those people calling for Tb Joshua's head swing to action again. It was a church then,now its a club/bar. What say ye now?
cheesy
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by eleko1: 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
angry lipsrsealed embarassedile awon prostitute
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by eleko1: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Aren't the same thing?Instatible lust and more money thing
Gaidenk:
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by mikeapollo: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Sigh....SCOAN building collapse was due to poor building practice...the load on top was too big for the foundation to hold.

And if you think it was explosives....it would have required a crew of dozens of people to set up. Which assumes that all of the church members of SCOAN including the security were blind at the time the explosives were being set up.

Wrong things must not be defended.

Who told you that the collapse of Synagogue building was due to poor building practice? And how do you know that the load on top was too much for the foundation?
The church has demonstrated that it had approval for a 12 storey building. LASG officials have gone to carry out tests on the foundation and they have seen that the foundation was cast for 12 floors, even though the building was only 6 floors
Just go and check......All the buildings in the SCOAN premises are solid in structure, design and construction, hence the collapsed building cannot be an exception.

Nobody wants to ask the critical questions about the strange military jet plane that hovered 4 times above the building at low altitude within a period of about 30 minutes. In saner countries, the directors of bodies NCAA, FAAN, SSS etc would be at work to unravel the identity and mission of the strange aircraft......but here in Nigeria, we want to crucify the pastor because we have hated the man long before now......this tragedy just provides an opportunity to the haters to call for his head and blame him for everything!

4 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by segcymoor(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Again?
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by femimailbox(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
What is really happening? Building collapse here and there, is this the new form of ritual making? I hail my country Nigeria!
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Navyguy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Govt should set up comittee to oversea all building project if u come to uyo. u wil be sorry at the level of patch patch houses... what of the owner?
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by tifemgs(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
God help us...... Nigeria shaaaaaaaa undecided
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by eleko1: 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Beer parlour talk.stop defending indefensible.Greed have becloud the sense of reasoning of most Landlords in dis part of the world.Imagine a Landlord cus of Lust of money will erect a building ontop of soakaway,uote author=mikeapollo post=26857054]

Who told you that the collapse was due to poor building practice? And how do you know that the load on top was too much for the foundation?
The church has demonstrated that it had approval for a 12 storey building. LASG officials have gone to carry out tests on the foundation and they have seen that the foundation was cast for 12 floors, even though the building was only 6 floors
Just go and check......All the buildings in the SCOAN premises are solid in structure, design and construction, hence the collapsed building cannot be an exception.

Nobody wants to ask the critical questions about the strange military jet plane that hovered 4 times above the building at low altitude within a period of about 30 minutes. In saner countries, the directors of bodies NCAA, FAAN, SSS etc would be at work to unravel the identity and mission of the strange aircraft......but here in Nigeria, we want to crucify the pastor because we have hated the man long before now......this tragedy just provides an opportunity to the haters to call for his head and blame him for everything![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by eleko1: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
sadBeer parlour talk.stop defending indefensible.Greed have becloud the sense of reasoning of most Landlords in dis part of the world.Imagine a Landlord cus of Lust of money will erect a building ontop of soakaway,uote author=mikeapollo post=26857054]

Who told you that the collapse was due to poor building practice? And how do you know that the load on top was too much for the foundation?

Nobody wants to ask the critical questions about the strange military jet plane that hovered 4 times above the building at low altitude within a period of about 30 minutes. In saner countries, the directors of bodies NCAA, FAAN, SSS etc would be at work to unravel the identity and mission of the strange aircraft......but here in Nigeria, we want to crucify the pastor because we have hated the man long before now......this tragedy just provides an opportunity to the haters to call for his head and blame him for everything![/quote]
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Kunlexic(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pinchure or adonbeleiveit
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by tyty24(f): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
moneybag100:
The owner must used them for ritual sacrifice, the owner must be fake club owner, the owner must be arrested and prosecuted....lol...I don't know why people want to bring T.B joshua down because of a collapse building like its something new in Nigeria...even Government own building do collapse in Nigeria...
if you wanna bring a man down...find a concrete evidence that the man nor any other person can't deny and before you know you see crowd stoning him.....not a bit.ch accusation.

Note: have never been to his church nor watch his channel for once. Just the fact.

RIP ot the dead.
a rakoon can't be as dumb as u

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by lonelydora: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dear Lord, please let it not be that Nigeria is moving from Boko haram killing to building collapse. We need u to stop all these deaths for us.
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by pyyxxaro: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Maybe the PLANE that collapsed TB Joshua 's building has now been deployed to Abuja cry ! The Devil is a Liar
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Revolva(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Damm in 50cent voice - this is building collapse season..wow even in FCT
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by moneybag100: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
tyty24:
a rakoon can't be as dumb as u
And a dumb can't be as foo.l as you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by zappyj(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thank God sey no be church shocked
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
mikeapollo:

1.Lagos State Govt has not yet confirmed that it approved a twelve storey building.

2.Yes, even if the foundation was for twelve stories...that does not mean proper process was followed in building the building. The contractor did a shoddy job....and needs to be punished.

Nobody wants to ask the critical questions about the strange military jet plane that hovered 4 times above the building at low altitude within a period of about 30 minutes. In saner countries, the directors of bodies NCAA, FAAN, SSS etc would be at work to unravel the identity and mission of the strange aircraft......but here in Nigeria, we want to crucify the pastor because we have hated the man long before now......this tragedy just provides an opportunity to the haters to call for his head and blame him for everything!

1.Again , for a demolition of the type you posit...it would take hundreds of pounds/kgs of explosives....which have to be set up by a team of people.

If what you are saying is true....that means that a large group of people were able to rig the building with explosives, set to be triggered by an airplane....without ANYONE from SCOAN noticing the explosives? (Now that is taking suspension of belief a little too far)

2.Why use a plane to set off any explosives? Why not a cell phone in the hand of an individual in a crowd twenty yards away?

3.The building collapse was due to shoddy construction work. And it is a sad reflection of our society that you defend wrong things in the name of Christ. Especially shoddy work by the contractor....and poor policies by the government that has led to a lack of qualifed and good technicians. And TB too should take some responsibility.....Christianity after all is not a religion of looking good .

7 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by DorisK(f): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
dj187:
E be like na building collapse season wey dey o, from Lagos - Benin - Abuja.

I wonder ooo
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by jonglexer: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Eagle cement sure pass
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
spanzed: yea...Make God just help us...dunno wether does engineers aren't using d right material again sef..
The reason why its not good for COREN registered Engr to be stamping any structural design he wouldn't supervise. You can't tell what they are doing on site and if it finally collapses, they will hold him responsible
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Afrok(m): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tenants dey pray say God abeg help me build my own house, the ones wey dem don build dey collapse. Landlords make Una no dey yab Una tenants or person wey never build him own coz building collapse is now the new trend.

May God help our so-called engineers, help Nigeria and Nigerians at large.
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by tete7000(m): 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
fatdon2:
I can't see comments saying
prosecute the owner as it was the
case with prophet T.B Joshua church
We can see a clear diff btw dis
collapsed building and that of
synagogue...this one is a true case of
collapse bt d one dat happened in
synagoge..we saw d whole building
coming down lik d world trade center...it looked so much lik a
controlled demotion...God wl surely gt
back thos bhind it

A deluded mind!

4 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by omenka(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Sigh....SCOAN building collapse was due to poor building practice...the load on top was too big for the foundation to hold.

And if you think it was explosives....it would have required a crew of dozens of people to set up. Which assumes that all of the church members of SCOAN including the security were blind at the time the explosives were being set up.

Wrong things must not be defended.
You've got a whole world of time on your hands walahi. I feel terribly irritated whenever I read some of the comments regarding the Synagogue issue. If the fake prophet didn't come out to say his church was attacked, would anyone have thought along that warped line of logic?? And that is the more reason why people like myself are calling for the prosecution of the prophet; instead of taking responsibility for what he did wrong, flouting the law, he decided he could lie and take refuge under some idiotic bomb attack theory that seems to have taken roots in the abused minds of some nigerians like the poster you responded to. If we were in a sane society where laws are applied regardless of who's involved, that man would have been busy drawing graffiti on the walls of his jail cell right now!!

4 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by date1816: 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
I have noticed a sharp difference in the cost of service provided by our GSM companies back at home and those in other African countries. The truth is that, perhaps nowhere in the world, are citizens sucked by these tse-tse flies as in Nigeria. The price differential is just terrible. We are essentially cows milked dry every minute of the day.

In the picture accompanying this post, the rates of data bundles in Sudan are given as published by one of their GSM companies, SUDANI ONE. Prepare your throat for a loud scream at the following comparison:

100MB is N47.00. In Nigeria it is N1000.00; a 20 times difference. Wayyo Allah!

1GB in Sudan costs N216. In Nigeria it is N3,000.

3GB in Sudan is N613. In Nigeria, it is N5,000. Scream Nigeria. Scream.

10GB in Sudan is N1,650. In Nigeria you get a bundle of 5GB, not 10GB wo, at N8,000 such that the 10GB in Nigeria will be somewhere around N13,000.

30GB doesn't exist in Nigeria. The suckers like you to return always for more milking. That means buying 5GB bundle 6 times a month at the rate of N8,000 each time, or N40,000 per month. In Sudan, you get a 30GB bundle at N4,365 only. Ten times less.

Haba Jama'a! What crime have we in Nigeria committed that we have no protectors? Why are we orphans? Are our parents dead?

Agreed that our GSM companies in Nigeria use their generators for electricity while in Sudan they have "NEPA" for 24/7. Is that enough a reason to charge us rates between 10 and 20 times higher?

Apart from electricity, every other thing is the same: HUAWEI equipment, rent, etc. In fact taxation here in Sudan is much higher amd wages lower.

The difference is that Sudanese have leaders that have their citizens at heart, not in hand for surrendering them to merciless multinational leeches. For example, both MTN and Zain are here and they offer these very low rates too, gridgingly I believe. Back at home, they are in no man's land where they can robb as they wish.

As I landed at the airport, I saw an MTN billboad in the reception hall boasting of offering roaming services in 11 eleven African countries. My jaw sagged! I told myself, "So these crooks are here too. Mhm."

Before I could finish with Sudanese immigration protocols, I switched on my phone and, behold, MTN was there at my gate, knocking and suddenly intruding. And before I could receive its welcome, it typically had this shocker for me:

"Yello! Welcome to Sudan. Enjoy roaming on MTN Sudan and browse at N0.05/KB, call Nigeria at N60/min, receive calls at N40/min & send SMS at N25/SMS".

Na ki wayon! I kindly declined the offer.

I do not need to explain why the following morning, I rushed to the nearest service centre to acquire a new line from Sudani One, taking a leave from MTN until I return to No-Man's Land. Right now, I am enjoying international calls at something like N10 per minute, while MTNNigeria is inviting me to send a text message, just a text message, to Nigeria at the cost of N25.00.

Something needs to be done to Nigeria, quickly. It is sick and a hostage to a gang of thieves. It needs both health and freedom. It needs a surgery to deliver it from these tumours that have ravaged its body, from the Ebola of corruption that has known no cure. Sudan is a poorer African sister, by far. But life here is cheaper - and safer. There is rule of law and security.

You mess up, and the government is ready to deal with you. In Nigeria, you mess up and the government will invite you to the ruling party to reward you with position and money. The president will pay you a condolence visit even if your greed has caused the death of 115 people. And expect the government to pay for rebuilding a bigger complex than the one you dreamt of or even buy you a jet.

The tentacles of MTN were pruned in Ghana too. They were once dismissed for exploitation. Finally, they were only allowed to return on terms set by the Ghanains.

Nigerians, by contrast, are orphans under a president who believes that theft of public treasury is not corruption. That is how $10million got its way to South Africa on an aircraft belonging to the oga of all pastors in Nigeria. Na wa! Before it, at least $10billion, "only", according to Ngozi finance, have disappeared at NNPC without a trace. It is not corruption. It is just petit theft.

Before I go out now to sip some coffee at a nearby joint as an expression of my newly discovered freedom, let me say I am sorry that MTN gets my bashing always but they, I must hasten to add, are not the only criminals. The others are equally guilty. Our service providers operate as a gang, a mafia, a syndicate. They are all the same. The last time I divorced MTN in 2011, it managed to return by launching its Supersaver package at the rate of N12/minute across all networks, like others do, against the N25 or N65 I was incriminating it for. Since then I have learnt to manage with the devil I know.

So my darling MTN, be resting, assured that there will be no more divorce. I will only continue to scream at your constant milking. For now, though, the cow is taking some rest in Khartoum. Our relationship will, however, continue to be as the one described once by an Arab poet:

"Of the greatest calamities of life on a person is (his) seeing an enemy whose friendship is a must."

Khartoum
3 October 2014

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by mikeapollo: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

1.Lagos State Govt has not yet confirmed that it approved a twelve storey building.

2.Yes, even if the foundation was for twelve stories...that does not mean proper process was followed in building the building. The contractor did a shoddy job....and needs to be punished.

1.Again , for a demolition of the type you posit...it would take hundreds of pounds/kgs of explosives....which have to be set up by a team of people.

If what you are saying is true....that means that a large group of people were able to rig the building with explosives, set to be triggered by an airplane....without ANYONE from SCOAN noticing the explosives? (Now that is taking suspension of belief a little too far)

2.Why use a plane to set off any explosives? Why not a cell phone in the hand of an individual in a crowd twenty yards away?

3.The building collapse was due to shoddy construction work. And it is a sad reflection of our society that you defend wrong things in the name of Christ. Especially shoddy work by the contractor....and poor policies by the government that has led to a lack of qualifed and good technicians. And TB too should take some responsibility.....Christianity after all is not a religion of looking good .

You don't need a large group of people of people to hide an explosive that can cause serious damage to a building. We have all seen from movies/ live stories how one or two people can wreck havoc by planting one or two explosives in strategic points/locations in a building. It depends on the kind of explosive deployed.

I cannot answer the question of ''why use a plane to set off any explosives?''. I cannot speak for those who might have decided to perpetrate such act. That is left to be answered only after thorough investigation.

It is wrong for you to just conclude that is was poor construction that caused the collapse when there are other strange occurrences that have not been properly investigated. The SCOAN has other buildings which are have solid structural design and construction, so why would the collapsed building be an exception.

In any case, the reasonable thing to do is to investigate EVERYTHING surrounding the collapse of the building, including the structural design and the STRANGE MILITARY JET PLANE.
Only a biased mind would ignore the military plane aspect, but then rush to conclude that the building was poorly constructed...
Have you heard the LASG say anything to the contrary after the church made facts public about the approval and structural design of the building? Think about that

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
mikeapollo:

You don't need a large group of people of people to hide an explosive that can cause serious damage to a building. We have all seen from movies/ live stories how one or two people can wreck havoc by planting one or two explosives in strategic points/locations in a building. It depends on the kind of explosive deployed.

Here....watch this

You will see the truth of my assertions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: Tompolo Goes Underground To Evade Arrest / Buhari To Attend Nuclear Security Summit In Washington / Buhari Meeting With His Chief Of Staff Over Ministerial List- Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.