Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse (33826 Views)

DSS Arrest Wanted Boko Haram Member That Carried Out UN Abuja Building Bombing / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by san316(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
I look forward to seeing GEJ pay a condolence visit to CORPORAL JOSEPH. By the way sha, sorry to the dead, from jolly to heavenly journey. Happy sallah.
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by fr3do(m): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
spanzed:
yea...Make God just help us...dunno wether does engineers aren't using d right material again sef..

Abeg, Nigerians dont like spending money to do the right thing, we hardly employ engineers just trial and error technicians.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by spanzed(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
fr3do:

Abeg, Nigerians dont like spending money to do the right thing, we hardly employ engineers just trial and error technicians.
Tru talk bro...everything na managing
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Ekken: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
fatdon2:
I can't see comments saying
prosecute the owner as it was the
case with prophet T.B Joshua church
We can see a clear diff btw dis
collapsed building and that of
synagogue...this one is a true case of
collapse bt d one dat happened in
synagoge..we saw d whole building
coming down lik d world trade center...it looked so much lik a
controlled demotion...God wl surely gt
back thos bhind it
you are a fool, how many foreiners involve? U cluless and t

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please check if the owner of the building is related to TB JOSHUA
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by nnamdi65(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls it's gonna be nice if u post with pic. Tnks
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Izunwa(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
efilefun:

Abeg tell am ooo... sure he's been praying for this collapse just to prove that dead point
That's what am tryin my best to do my Bro.
One thing TB Joshua as a man of God and SCOAN as a church should accept is that temptation comes to both the righteous and the unjust. They are passing thru tryin times. But using some flimsy and ridiculous excuses to exonerate themselves would only worsen the situation.
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by mecussey(m): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
fatdon2:
back thos bhind it

This is reasoning and it clearly shows how an average Nigerian reasons. It is true Nigerians hate themselves especially, successful once. When you are successful, don't mingle with unsuccessful people otherwise, they would bring you down to their level. I salute your mental power, your brain is working.
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by donodion(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
fatdon2:
back thos bhind it

thank you.I dey wait same o
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by lastpage: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm...
It is obvious that Building regulations are not being followed to the letter.

And if you dig deep enough, whether it is in Abuja or Benin or SCOAN building collapse, the root of the problem lies with CORRUPTION, either in Govt Circles or/and Private individuals....... not some phantom "UFO"!

From Building Contractors trying to dupe House owners by short-changing them on quantity of materials assigned for use (which some of them go behind to sell back to the original seller), Quack builders, qualified but incompetent building Engineers/designers....

To Private Owners who try to DIY on structures or raise building above approved levels or even employ unqualified builders like Baba Sikira (though some of these artisans have been known to build One storey buildings that lasted over a hundred years in the past, ... and that makes me wonder if the materials they use back them, has the same quality as the materials in existence now, especially cement)

To Corrupt Govt officials who at times dont even inspect the construction as it goes up, before granting approval, after collecting Egunje.
At times, when you report an illegal construction at the State Building Board, they simply come around to collect "See Me" from the owner and the building work continues, only to pretend and claim innocence, when something bad happens.

But even of concern is the various "ROAD BLOCKS" erected by state Govts (especially Lagos) to the speedy request and acquisition of Building permits. It may take you almost a year to get a Building approval .... until you grease their palm, officials in-charge make life a hell, for prospective home owners.
Govt needs to streamline these process and stop asking for documents and payments that make coming forward to get approval/permit, a herculean task. Just look at that list published on that SCOAN building collapse thread! You go weak, walahi! grin grin grin

If all hands are on deck, we can checkmate this nonsense causing wanton loss of life.
Just my take.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Tolexander: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2014
Chubhie:
Baba ne. Wan my meat?
you don eff up big time!

You told AZ you would be coming, getting there, i didn't see you!
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Chubhie: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Tolexander:
you don eff up big time!

You told AZ you would be coming, getting there, i didn't see you!
Business called bro. I'm coming monday|tuesday. You still around?
Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Dibiachukwu: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped In Abuja Building Collapse by Tolexander: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2014
Chubhie:
Business called bro. I'm coming monday|tuesday. You still around?
k, he told me something like that.
I don dey Ife since yesternight!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VP Sambo, Dancing To Duncan Mighty’s “port Harcourt Son” / NLC Proposes N56,000 As Minimum Wage To Fg / Government College Umuahia Old Boys Visit Senator Kalu In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.