Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer (4144 Views)

What Cleric Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Said About Biafra And Nigeria (Old Video) / Photo-speak! #nigeria "Old Chief Of Army Staff To The Right & New To The Left" / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Jskelly11: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
As for me i prefer the old NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE 1960 -1978 rather than the ARISE O COMPATRIOT 1978-PRESENT what are you thoughts or opinion
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Wellbeloved2014(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer the old one coz it shows the responsibilities of a generation especially d last 5 verses
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Jskelly11: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wellbeloved2014:
I prefer the old one coz it shows the responsibilities of a generation especially d last 5 verses
and its inspirational
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Lanceslot(m): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Post the 2 here make I knw the one wey I go chose.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by redsquare(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Before we compare, how many of us here do you think know about the old anthem? Most Nairalanders do not even know about "Nigeria we hail thee" anthem.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Jskelly11: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
If you know the history of nigeria you are suppose to know it
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
Well I have read of the Old Anthem but since I am used to the new one, I have no choice but to go wt this new one
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by signz: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Can someone post the old "Nigeria we hail thee" anthem please.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2014

THE OLD ANTHEM...

Nigeria we hail thee
Our own dear native land
Though tribe and tongue may differ
In brotherhood we stand
Nigerians all and proud to serve Our sovereign motherland

Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign
In peace or battle honour
And this we count as gain
To pass unto our children
A banner without stain

O God of all creation
Grant this our one request
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed

THE NEW ANTHEM

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth and truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
The old anthem is obviously better.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Wellbeloved2014(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
barcanista:

THE OLD ANTHEM...

Nigeria we hail thee
Our own dear native land
Though tribe and tongue may differ
In brotherhood we stand
Nigerians all and proud to serve Our sovereign motherland

Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign
In peace or battle honour
And this we count as gain
To pass unto our children
A banner without stain

O God of all creation
Grant this our one request
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed
So cool and insightful. God bless the composer.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
That Old Anthem would have changed Even Shecow's orientation about Patriotism and Terrorism! i go for it
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Jskelly11: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
The lyrics was written by Lillian jean williams a british expatriate who lived in nigeria frances berda composed the music
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wellbeloved2014:

So cool and insightful. God bless the composer.
yeah right, but I prefer the NEW anyway. The problem is not the lyrics of an Anthem, the problem is from the actions of government to the citizenry.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
marioking:
That Old Anthem would have changed Even Shecow's orientation about Patriotism and Terrorism! i go for it
People like Shekau and his gang of bastards are first and foremost victims of the society and bad governance like everyone of us(excluding relatives and friends of corrupt system). Unfortunately, the Shekau and group choose a wicked path to vent their frustration and displeasure. Though I don't sympathise with them because they cause more damage to innocent people, I feel that the government must do more to make their evil struggle unattractive to Nigeria Youths by putting things in place to attend to their basic needs.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
heheheh..... reminds me of my primary school days...... Tusa Tusa and might
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by brainpower(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer the old one. And shekau didn't arise cos of bad leadership. Boko haram is strictly more of islamic agenda though some politicians highjacked them, that's why tracing the origin a lot of northern leaders would be mentioned but they grew into something else. Are we going to say that ISIS is also as a result of bad leadership? If we claim that boko haram was as a result of bad leadership, then what will we say about the Niger Delta militants? The militants fought against bad leadership and when they were called to settle they came. But boko boys have been called and yet they refused. And please before any insults, my opinion isn't about PDP or APC it is about the fact that this notion is why we keep celebrating boko haram indirectly by always helping them spread news of their victories and condemn or doubt the Army's victories.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by AlabaBoss: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Jskelly11:
The lyrics was written by Lillian jean williams a british expatriate who lived in nigeria frances berda composed the music

Barcanista, mail me abeg Urgent

alababoss@inbox.com
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer the old one, indomie generation won't know it, but I prefer our present national flag to the old one. smiley
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
AlabaBoss:

Barcanista, mail me abeg Urgent

alababoss@inbox.com
I have just mailed you boss using my mail.

Check yur email inbox
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by Wellbeloved2014(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
A country where no one is opressed... I think we nid that old anthem
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by comrChris(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
The old anthem is obviously better but too long for a generation where no one cares to study

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by blexxonmak(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer the old one.
Re: Nigeria Old National AnthemVsNigeria present National Anthem Which Do You Prefer by olayincar(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth and truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.
[/quote]

I really like dis
[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

Soludo: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Meby Charles Soludo On January 23, 2013 / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / Did Nigeria Aquire Ex Russian Tin Shield Air Defence Radar system?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.