Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? (1866 Views)

Photo Of The Craziest Rag Day Student... / Photo: 'rag Day' As Celebrated In FUT Minna / What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by ultraGM: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
I have been seen this act since my secondary school days, observing some folks in tored dress with can in their hand wrapped with paper also requesting for donations from individuals. It was later I understand that they are Undergraduate Students of one polytechnic in that city.

What am wondering is why are they doing so
What is the History behind it

Please house tell something
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by Harmthe(m): 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
d best way to find answer to dis type of question

i mean right answer to dis question

d best answer to dis question.

nd d best answer to dis question

GOOGLE.com
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by ayanbaba2(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
I don't even want know the origin/history... I really enjoy the rag and the native day some months back.
#irepTeammindyourownbusiness
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by nickz(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
ask the nearest mad man gringrin
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by nuelzy: 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
hmmm "rage" day?? ..ah dodge am...ehe! hope say dah tin no be force coz me and madness no be relative oh
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by Yungwhy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Harmthe:
d best way to find answer to dis type of question

i mean right answer to dis question

d best answer to dis question.

nd d best answer to dis question

GOOGLE.com

Tell am o... I no sabi if Google crash ni

1 Like

Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by pweetyface(f): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Rag day is a day set out for charity, it was made as an avenue, through which students would go around, receiving alms from persons in their locality, on behalf of the less privileged

Its full meaning is

Receive
And
Give...

Sadly, students now receive and pocket.

The aim has been defeated.

3 Likes

Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
pweetyface:
Rag day is a day set out for charity, it was made as an avenue, through which students would go around, receiving alms from persons in their locality, on behalf of the less privileged

Its full meaning is Receive And Give...[b][/b]

Thanks for the info, I dont know so i ASK

@Yungwhy @Harmthe
Both of you are right i should have ask Google but i feel its not Worldwide stuff but limited to our Domain only
Next time i will simplify my Question and stop Attractive Topic
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by Tattooboy: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
pweetyface:

Its full meaning is

Receive
And
Give...

condition
Re: Does anyone Know The History Of Rag Day In Higher Institutions? by ultraGM: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
dnddyon

what can i do for you?

(1) (Reply)

Type Of Student U Will Find In A Typical University Classroom / What Ceritificate Are Equivalent To A Level GCE In Nigeria / 4 Things More Important Than Your Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.