Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

6 Amazing Blind People - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Amazing Blind People (3089 Views)

Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) / Do Born Blind People Dream? / Female Student Goes Blind After Slap By Principal’s Secretary [see Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
I got this online!! It caught ma attention, and I really appreciated these people's abilities..so I decided to share. 1.The Blind Surfer
Derek Rabelo isn't your average surfer. Far from it, since Derek was born with congenital glaucoma. However, that didn't stop the 20-year-old Brazilian from learning to surf when he was just three years old.

"With God, everything is possible," he says, and religion does play a big role in his life: his church helped take him to Hawaii last winter, where the surf community took Rabelo under its wing. Relying on four out of five senses, Rabelo is the protagonist of the upcoming documentary "Beyond Sight." If Derek's example doesn't put trivial complaints like high tides or sideshore winds into perspective, not a lot of other stories will....!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
2.Blind painter

John Bramblitt lost his vision in 2001 when he was 30 years old due to complications from epilepsy. At first, John says he lost hope and was in a deep depression, but then he found an outlet: painting. Since John can't see colors, he has developed a process whereby he paints by touch. According to the artist, the colors feel different to him: white is thick and black is a little runny, so when he needs gray, he mixes the two until the texture is right. His art has been sold in over twenty countries and he has appeared internationally in print, TV, and radio. His work has received much recognition, including the "Most Inspirational Video of 2008" from YouTube and three Presidential Service Awards for his innovative art workshops.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
3.The Blind Photographer

Pete Eckert was trained in sculpture and industrial design. He had always been a visual person and planned to study architecture at Yale, but then he started to lose his sight because of a condition called retinitis pigmentosa. Amazingly enough, he embraced photography even more after becoming blind, shooting ethereal double exposures and vivid light paintings with his Mamiyaflex TLR. He visualizes the image he wants to create in his mind and uses his senses of sound, touch, and memory to make a photograph. "I am a visual person. I just can't see," he says. (Source)

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
4.The Blind Architect

Christopher Downey is an architect, planner, and consultant who lost his sight in 2008 after a tumor wrapped around his optic nerve. How was it possible to keep working as an architect? He works with a blind computer scientist who has devised a way to print online maps through a tactile printer. Today, he is dedicated to creating more helpful and enriching environments for the blind and visually impaired, and he also helps in crafting design processes that are more responsive to the needs of blind clients and end-users.

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
5The Blind NASCAR driver

On January 29, 2011, Mark Anthony Riccobono took the wheel of a Ford Escape and drove solo around the Daytona International Speedway, something that's not unusual except for one thing: Riccobono is blind.

Two technologies make it possible: DriveGrip, that consists of two gloves that send vibrations over the knuckles to tell the driver how much to turn the wheel, and SpeedStrip, a cushion down the back and legs of the driver which tell them how much to accelerate.

With only 10 percent of normal vision at age 5, Riccobono continued to lose vision throughout his life. But now, as part of a program from the National Federation of the Blind, he's working to demonstrate that blind people can adjust to society and drive safely with the aid of new technology. "It's going to be a lot of work to convince them that we can actually pilot a vehicle that is much more complex and has much more risk. Now we have to convince society that this demonstration is not just a stunt. It's real. It's dynamic research that's doing great things," said Mark.

For more info visit http://www.oddee.com/item_98614.aspx

1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by pweedyuz(f): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Amazing...

nd i dnt even appreciate d fact dat im "complete" at times...
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Incredible!

*Modified.

Nothing incredible Joor!
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Harmthe(m): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Allah is great

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Harmthe:
Allah is great
sure!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Ploy(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thank God, that I can see but I too de see big big yanshes and unclad bosom. God help me in this sinful world.
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by echobee(f): 2:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Ploy:
Thank God, that I can see but I too de see big big yanshes and unclad bosom. God help me in this sinful world.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
God,i bless you. Thank you lord. Am not mocking them,am not special. But,its just GRACE.
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Where's our very own Cobhams?

The blind producer,and a very good one too.

Cobhams not on the list,op,re-do the list.

#CobhamsFan.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 6:49am On Oct 05, 2014
TrollMan:
Incredible!

*Modified.

Nothing incredible Joor!
why, nothing incredible?? Or make we comot one of your eyes?? By the time u start using one eye to nairaland, then u will modify ur post!! Am very sure..
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Jesuspikin7: 6:55am On Oct 05, 2014
6. Cobhams Asuquo!

Cobhams Asuquo is a Nigerian musician,
producer, and songwriter.
He is CEO/
Head of Productions of CAMP (Cobhams Asuquo
Music Productions) which is currently
representing himself, Bez Idakula and Stan Iyke.
He was responsible for Asa's highly acclaimed
international album ASA and has been mentioned
on many artists' sleeve credits as producer and
writer.

He has won several awards in the music and film scene in Africa and beyond. Cobhams talked about the
advantages of being blind in an interview he had
with the BBCNews Cobhams Also spoke at the
TEDxEuston in 2012 where he talked about the
gift of blindness.
On 2 December 2010, Cobhams Emmanuel
Asuquo got married to Ojuolape Veronica
Olukanni and have a Son.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Jesuspikin7:
6. Cobhams Asuquo!
yh cobhams is anoda one!!
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2014
adrelanine:
why, nothing incredible?? Or make we comot one of your eyes?? By the time u start using one eye to nairaland, then u will modify ur post!! Am very sure..

They've got the tech and help around them to make them successful and they used it to it's core. So What's incredible about that? undecided
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2014
TrollMan:

They've got the tech and help around them to make them successful and they used it to it's core. So What's incredible about that? undecided
okay! I get ur point!! Okay with the tech and help provided for you.. Will you still want ur eyes blind?? Mr man go and sit down!! And learn how to appriciate people with extraordinary abilities. Simple and short!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
adrelanine:
okay! I get ur point!! Okay with the tech and help provided for you.. Will you still want ur eyes blind?? Mr man go and sit down!! And learn how to appriciate people with extraordinary abilities. Simple and short!!

Honestly, You simply don't get the basics.
Extraordinary abilities? Ptttffff... Shu.
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2014
Sweet Pick Up Lines by jizzus: 11:26pm On Aug 21
Do you have a Bandaid? Cos I just
scraped my knee falling for you.
Do you have a map? Cos Honey, I
just keep gettin lost in your eyes.
You're eyes are bluer than the
Atlantic ocean and baby, I'm all lost
at sea.
Hello. Cupid called. He says to tell
you that he needs my heart back.
Do you have a pencil? Cause I want
to erase your past and write our
future.
How was Heaven when you left it?
You are so beautiful that you give
the sun a reason to shine.
The only thing your eyes haven't
told me is your name.
Honey, you give new meaning to the
defintion of 'edible'.
I think I can die happy now, coz I've
just seen a piece of heaven.
You must be a magician, because
every time I look at you, everyone
else disappears.
I'm no organ donor, but I'd be happy
to give you my heart.
When I first saw you I looked for a
signature, because every
masterpiece has one.
Excuse me...Hi, I'm writing an essay
on the finer things in life, and I was
wondering if I could interview you.
Has anyone ever told you that your
eyes are clear like the ocean?
Because I can see straight into your
soul.
If I had a rose for every time I
thought of you, I would be walking
through my garden forever.
I wish I was one of ur tears, so I
could be born in your eyes, run
down your cheek, and die on your
lips.
Can you give me directions to your
heart? I've seemed to have lost
myself in your eyes.
It's not my fault I fell in love. You
are the one that tripped me.
God gave us two ears, two eyes,
two legs and two hands, but he only
gave us one heart, and he wanted
me to find you and tell you, you are
the second one
This morning I saw a flower and I
thought it was the most beautiful
thing i have ever seen; until I met
you..
Was your father a thief? 'Cause
someone stole the stars from the
sky and put them in your eyes.
I thought happiness started with an
H. Why does mine start with U?
What time do you have to be back in
heaven?
there are many fish in the sea but
you're the only one that's caught
my eye
"When I'm older looking back at all
of my finest memories, and I'll think
of the day my children were born,
the day I got married, and the day
that I met you. "
If you wake up in a RED room, with
no windows or doors..don't be
alarmed, babyqirl..you're just in my
heart
Your earrings are the mirrors which
reflect the moonlight into your eyes
I hope there's a fireman around,
cause you're smokin'!
I think you've got something in your
eye. Oh never mind, it's just a
sparkle.
Do you k
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Praise God

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by iamsegsy(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Astonishing!!!
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 11:56am On Oct 05, 2014
TrollMan:

Honestly, You simply don't get the basics.
Extraordinary abilities? Ptttffff... Shu.

Arrgh this guy!! Am sick and tired of u!! Okay I accept they aiint extraordinary! Are you. Okay now??
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Ishilove: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tears pricked my eyes when I read the story of the blind painter. There's just something so touching about it cry

I wear high power medicated glasses and I thank God for the wonderful gift of sight cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
As long as all our organs work perfectly, we, sadly, can't appreciate what we have

2 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by spanzed(m): 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
ThankGod for them...they are ABLE
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Idrismusty97(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Where is Stevie Wonder? One of the best pioneer and innovator in the music industry!

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adanduka: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Opened the thread to add Cobhams but OP already did.
He should be No 1.
God bless Cobhams as he continues to inspire us all to be all we can be.

*modified

Na Jesuspikin add Cobhams o
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Iceman296: 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Really Amazing. This goes on to say we can Achieve anything Set out our hearts to achieve.
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
adrelanine:

Arrgh this guy!! Am sick and tired of u!! Okay I accept they aiint extraordinary! Are you. Okay now??

Open your eyes and read with your Brain.

Don't bring compassion into this and you'd understand that these guys aren't any thing close to incredible.
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by adrelanine: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
TrollMan:

Open your eyes and read with your Brain.

Don't bring compassion into this and you'd understand that these guys aren't any thing close to incredible.
troll man, I knw your probs!! Its because ui re still nairalanding!! Mr man don't quote me anymore I don't have time for this!!
Re: 6 Amazing Blind People by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Hard Could Medicine Be Should I Start The Course Please Read / 2017 Scientific Discoveries That Will Surprise The World / Why Still A Lot Of Us Still Using The Word "SIR"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.