Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse (1126 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) / I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by bennyemmy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
plz nairalanders im confuse and need advice i have been granted admission to read physiology in delsu and mechanical engineering in fed poly auchi ..cnfuse on the one to go for
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Edwinmason(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
bennyemmy:
plz nairalanders im confuse and need advice i have been granted admission to read physiology in delsu and mechanical engineering in fed poly auchi ..cnfuse on the one to go for
have u ask God for direction?
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Doclight(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
bennyemmy:
i smell a rat.

Physiology: a medical course
and mech. Engine.: an engineering course..

How did u do the combination
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Tranquill: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Doclight:
i smell a rat.

I thought so too but one is university and the other polytechnic so different exams.
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Doclight(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tranquill:

I thought so too but one is university and the other polytechnic so different exams.
isnt it same jamb reg number and same jamb combination?
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Tranquill: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Doclight:
isnt it same jamb reg number and same jamb combination?

Polytechnic and University Jamb to the best of my knowledge are different don't know if they've combined them now. There used to be polytechnic/colleges of education jamb and then university jamb. one can take the two as the exams are different and on seperate dates.
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Doclight:
i smell a rat.

dont mind the learner
to get admission to study physiology u need to take biology in jamb.
N to get mechanical eng. U need to take maths.
N its not possible to take bio n maths at once in jamb
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Doclight(m): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tranquill:

Polytechnic and University Jamb to the best of my knowledge are different don't know if they've combined them now. There used to be polytechnic/colleges of education jamb and then university jamb. one can take the two as the exams are different and on seperate dates.
sorry bro. When last did u take jamb? Do u have any friend, or family who is of the jamb age?.

U choose one university(first choice), polytechnic(2nd choice)
coe(3rd)
iei(4th)

although it used to be two for each. D one ish started dis year
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Doclight(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
francleanflexy:

dont mind the learner
to get admission to study physiology u need to take biology in jamb.
N to get mechanical eng. U need to take maths.
N its not possible to take bio n maths at once in jamb
correct bro.
Although its possible to take both bio and maths, but u'd have to remove physics.

Like in udu, u can do med with eng, bio, maths and chem.

And some other schools accept maths in lieu of physics for courses like biochem.

But @poster.
For mech. U need eng, maths, chem and phy
physio. U need eng, phy, chem, bio

they differs, so better start explaining what u actually meant
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Tranquill: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
Doclight:
sorry bro. When last did u take jamb? Do u have any friend, or family who is of the jamb age?.

U choose one university(first choice), polytechnic(2nd choice)
coe(3rd)
iei(4th)

although it used to be two for each. D one ish started dis year

Like I said I dont know if theyve changed the exams now. In the past they were different. look at it this way. I know someone that wanted to study medicine but also desperately wanted to go to a higher institution. He took university jamb for medicine, poly jamb for electrical engineering, form for school of health technology and then reluctantly also took NDA. Infact he took every form to came out and only got the NDA admission and ended up doing biological science there and today he is a Group Captain in the airforce. In those days the exams were different and u can apply for different unrelated courses if u have the pre requisite o level.
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Kunlexic(m): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tranquill:

Like I said I dont know if theyve changed the exams now. In the past they were different. look at it this way. I know someone that wanted to study medicine but also desperately wanted to go to a higher institution. He took university jamb for medicine, poly jamb for electrical engineering, form for school of health technology and then reluctantly also took NDA. Infact he took every form to came out and only got the NDA admission and ended up doing biological science there and today he is a Group Captain in the airforce. In those days the exams were different and u can apply for different unrelated courses if u have the pre requisite o level.
the method has been changed since 2009,in dose days,it was UME/PCE.since then they combined the two exams since it was conducted by the same body,now it is known as UTME

At poster,I don't undersatnd how u do ur combinatn ooo coz medical course can't go with engineering course
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Kunlexic(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Doclight:
i smell a rat.

I think am d only 1 dat observe dis
Re: I Have Been Granted Admission In Two Schools And Two Diff Course Im Confuse by Tranquill: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Kunlexic:
the method has been changed since 2009,in dose days,it was UME/PCE.since then they combined the two exams since it was conducted by the same body,now it is known as UTME

At poster,I don't undersatnd how u do ur combinatn ooo coz medical course can't go with engineering course

Many thanks for the clarification.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Literature Syllabus For 2015 / List Of 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria / University Of Benin(uniben) Direct Entry And Diploma Form For 2015/2016 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.